The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gon' snap all your **** up if you don't foam roll.

But, yes, with a rumble roller it's rather easy to get a bit lazy with it 'cause it's so ****ing torturous!
It band is very diffucult on rumble roller , makes me cry
Is it me or has the standard of drivel on the Fitness page got worse?
Same could be said for your Facebook lol
Original post by Herr Stamper
Same could be said for your Facebook lol

This is very true

Ironically they're doing the lift correctly.

Shame they don't know how to press or go heavy.

Also there's a three legged dog chilling in the background!
I know almost nothing about strongman but that looks ridiculous and dangerous
Reply 1768
I've seriously been underestimating rest.

Taken more rest days due to uni work recently and seen more gains in two weeks than in 6 months.
Lol CrossFit.

It's funny how Westside Barbell and all these other hardcore powerlifting gyms are going to CrossFit seminars and teaching them to use bands, chains etc.

It's clever because they know CF people are - on the whole - rather ignorant but willing to fork out A LOT of money on things. Well done Louie!

That's such a ridiculous video and there's more floating around like that. In all seriousness though, is there really any need for some of them to be doing 4 "plate" clean and presses?
Original post by Michael XYZ
Lol CrossFit.

It's funny how Westside Barbell and all these other hardcore powerlifting gyms are going to CrossFit seminars and teaching them to use bands, chains etc.

It's clever because they know CF people are - on the whole - rather ignorant but willing to fork out A LOT of money on things. Well done Louie!

That's such a ridiculous video and there's more floating around like that. In all seriousness though, is there really any need for some of them to be doing 4 "plate" clean and presses?

If they're the bumpers you've got, they're the bumpers you use. Wonder how much some of the ones the women were using weighed. Can definitely see why a crossfit gym would have loads of light bumpers though, useful for teaching the oly lifts I imagine.
Anyone ever thought about how this thread is called "muscle building society" but pretty none of the users are focused on "building muscle" in the traditional BB sense lol.
Original post by redbuthotter
Anyone ever thought about how this thread is called "muscle building society" but pretty none of the users are focused on "building muscle" in the traditional BB sense lol.

I thought about saying this exact thing the other day.

Think I'm the only person focussed on bodybuilding fully, who posts relatively often.

Think it was way more physique oriented when it started a million years ago. Then various people stopped posting.

TBH, most people here don't compete in strength sports and would be lying if they said they didn't care about physique. So far as I see it, it 's just a bunch of people mostly around the same age who enjoy lifting weights.
(edited 11 years ago)

Thats because quite of a few of us don't want a bunch of muscles that look very nice but in truth are all filled with sarcoplasmic fluid. :smile:

Myofibrill strength buiilding is so much more appealing because...

A : Whilst Curling tens very slowly to full extension/compression is fantastic for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, it doesn't improve your ability to lift said weight as effectively as myofibrill.

B : Its all about the numbers. If you can deadlift 200kg, chances are your back is aesthetic enough for the average person anyway.

C : I personally am averse to bodybuilding because it is solely focused on the vanity side of lifting. I feel it loses sight of the point of competitive exercise which is not to look the best at doing something, but to be the best at doing something. Weightlifting ftw.
I workout for strength and size but size is the most important to me right now

It's just that being strong is helpful for getting more size, and is an ego boost too
Original post by Ocassus
Thats because quite of a few of us don't want a bunch of muscles that look very nice but in truth are all filled with sarcoplasmic fluid. :smile:

Myofibrill strength buiilding is so much more appealing because...

A : Whilst Curling tens very slowly to full extension/compression is fantastic for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, it doesn't improve your ability to lift said weight as effectively as myofibrill.

B : Its all about the numbers. If you can deadlift 200kg, chances are your back is aesthetic enough for the average person anyway.

C : I personally am averse to bodybuilding because it is solely focused on the vanity side of lifting. I feel it loses sight of the point of competitive exercise which is not to look the best at doing something, but to be the best at doing something. Weightlifting ftw.

I deadlift 220kg and my back is FAR from aesthetic :P . Just sayin'
Original post by RawJoh1
Think it was way more physique oriented when it started a million years ago. Then various people stopped posting.

TBH, most people here don't compete in strength sports and would be lying if they said they didn't care about physique. So far as I see it, it 's just a bunch of people mostly around the same age who enjoy lifting weights.

Not really an issue... thought it was just rather ironic, maybe it was intended to be lol.

Perhaps we should rebrand it "unaesthetic ****s who enjoy lifting weights soc"
I deadlift 220kg and my back is FAR from aesthetic :P . Just sayin'

For the average person. Assuming your BF % is low enough, those lats, traps and lower back muscles should be aesthetic as fuark to most people. :smile:
Not really an issue... thought it was just rather ironic, maybe it was intended to be lol.

Perhaps we should rebrand it "unaesthetic ****s who enjoy lifting weights soc"

going bodypwoer!?, i'm still unsure! might just book 2-3 tickets today as my mates are unsure, if they drop out **** em i'll give them away or sumet

i need to fix up my deadlift set up :wink:, failed to get 1 rep on 150kg 2 weeks in a row now ;(
was told my hips are to high i proceeded to lower them then i got told i was to low ;(

Latest