The Student Room Group

Founation Course Art financial help??

I'm starting a foundation course in art and design in september, in London.
And i know everything is going to be really expensive. I'm staying at home so I'm paying for travel as well as food and materials.

I'm pretty sure it is not possible to get a student loan, because there are no tuition fees, but do you know if there's any other options i have to get help with paying for everything?

If you've done a foundation course, how did you do it?
some unis will offer bursaries to foundation students with a low household income, but it wont cover everything. still definitely something worth looking into though! but the only way to cover all of the costs is to work before and during the course, unless you have money already saved.
i've known for years that i've wanted to do my foundation diploma away from home, so i (and luckily for me, my parents) have put aside money for to pay for it, and i'll also be getting a summer job to help pay for my living costs. there's no student loan because it's a further education course rather than a higher education course/degree, a lot of people such as myself have to pay tuition fees. it's only free if you're under nineteen, so count yourself lucky! :tongue: but yes, so some research into any bursaries you may be able to claim, and definitely try to get a job, at least for the summer. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest