Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Associazione Calcio Milan v Futbol Club Barcelona - ITV1 19:45

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ITV and their Barca bias can **** off.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Chase the game? Did I miss a Barca goal or something :lolwut:

A draw at the Camp Nou would see Milan through, I think a 0-0 draw is very beneficial for the home team and is a very desirable first-leg result.

Man of the match? Antonini/Seedorf/Nesta/Ambrosini, the old guard playing with their hearts :coma:
    Yeah. Well Antonini should get MOTM. He's not really old guard but wasn't he from milans youth squad and they sold him or am I thinking of someone else.

(Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    ITV and their Barca bias can **** off.
    I think they **** over messi tbh. That's all they talk about.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    :lolwut: Barca don't have to go out and push for a goal the same way as if they just lost 1-0.
    I see what you mean, you just made it sound like they have the upper hand, yes it isn't as bad as losing 1-0 but I'm sure most if not all Barca fans expected a win, especially with Milan's injuries..

Milan will be confident but I still predict a comfortable win for Barca, depends on the line-up though...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly bias from both ITV commentators today regarding Messi, Barca/Milan tackles. Both should be ashamed of themselves. Anyway, Stephan you did Egypt proud today (although it would've been nice if you scored)!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah. Well Antonini should get MOTM. He's not really old guard but wasn't he from milans youth squad and they sold him or am I thinking of someone else.

I think they **** over messi tbh. That's all they talk about.

Yeah, he has Milan DNA (as those ***** from Barca would say), he played their as a kid for a decade or something, he looks a lot older though, I didn't know he was 29! He was deemed not good enough for most of his career where he kept on getting loaned out (even when he played for Sampdoria) until recently..
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forex)
    Incredibly bias from both ITV commentators today regarding Messi, Barca/Milan tackles. Both should be ashamed of themselves. Anyway, Stephan you did Egypt proud today (although it would've been nice if you scored)!
    Don't think he has much contact with Egypt to be honest, he's pretty much Italian except for his surname...

Have Egypt ever had a Christian football player btw?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean, you just made it sound like they have the upper hand, yes it isn't as bad as losing 1-0 but I'm sure most if not all Barca fans expected a win, especially with Milan's injuries..

Milan will be confident but I still predict a comfortable win for Barca, depends on the line-up though...
    Most fans did expect a win until they saw the state of the pitch.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Impressive performance organisationally by AC Milan, some very good footballing brains in that team - Seedorf, Ambrosini and Nesta in particular. Pitch played a part, I think Barca will win at the Nou Camp pretty comfortably.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't think he has much contact with Egypt to be honest, he's pretty much Italian except for his surname...

Have Egypt ever had a Christian football player btw?
    Stephan has very strong links with Italy, i.e Plays for Under 21 Italy team, scouted by Genoa etc... But still is undecided playing at the national level. Very few are in the Egypt National team, Under 21, Under 19 etc... mainly due to our strong muslim population (only 8% of total population are Christian). Nevertheless, in Egypt whether christian or muslim we support our national team!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a pretty good quality game. An absorbing 0-0 game.
    It's possible Milan could get a 1-1 or 2-2 but they're the underdogs. Barca WILL score at home so it's up to Milan to show their mettle and keep up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Their home and away kits have red and black in respectively, too similar to AC's home, so AC have to change
    not true at all... you made that up. they were playing in white because it is their lucky strip, hence why they always wear it in finals.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Impressive performance organisationally by AC Milan, some very good footballing brains in that team - Seedorf, Ambrosini and Nesta in particular. Pitch played a part, I think Barca will win at the Nou Camp pretty comfortably.
    I have a feeling that Milan will somehow win, as unlikely as it may seem, however. Although Barcelona are good, they are beatable, and Milan deserve a victory.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by mevidek)
    I have a feeling that Milan will somehow win, as unlikely as it may seem, however. Although Barcelona are good, they are beatable, and Milan deserve a victory.
    If this was a draw at the Nou Camp, then yes.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I the tie is 50-50 at the moment, one goal for milan at the nou camp would equate to two. Seems to me that ac milan played for a 0-0 draw, they'll no doubt be the happier of the two teams tonight.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    If this was a draw at the Nou Camp, then yes.
    Well, everyone still expected the midget and his fellow warriors to easily beat Milan last night. And it seems like the players thought that was the case too.

What a performance from Ambrosini. I think he should start ahead of van Bommel next week.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    Well, everyone still expected the midget and his fellow warriors to easily beat Milan last night. And it seems like the players thought that was the case too.
    Well, everyone didn't expect the **** pitch for the midget and his fellow warriors to battle through.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, everyone didn't expect the **** pitch for the midget and his fellow warriors to battle through.
    Dire scouting by Barca then, as it was worse for Arsenal and the San Siro is used every weekend. Or can Barca not afford to send a scout to Italy for a match?

Typical Barca, any excuse. Nothing to do with the fact Xavi had a number of attempts off target, or Tello not being good enough on the night. The fact they didn't get a pen would normally spur them on, but not last night, because Milan stopped them.

But hey, you blame the pitch. Good lad.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    Dire scouting by Barca then, as it was worse for Arsenal and the San Siro is used every weekend. Or can Barca not afford to send a scout to Italy for a match?

Typical Barca, any excuse. Nothing to do with the fact Xavi had a number of attempts off target, or Tello not being good enough on the night. The fact they didn't get a pen would normally spur them on, but not last night, because Milan stopped them.

But hey, you blame the pitch. Good lad.
    Try harder Kev :console:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both teams played on the same pitch.

Nothing gets said about how the Camp Nou is made into a swamp to maximise Barca's passing game.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Love a good old cynical Italian performace. Amrosini was superb. Forza Milan!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.