Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Telephone Interview with Harrods

Announcements Posted on
    • 110 followers

ReputationRep:
    So yeah I just booked a telephone interview with Harrods for Monday at 11am. Pretty surprised I didn't get my usual automatic rejection, but I reckon my Xmas work with John Lewis probably helped sell me.

Anywho, can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm used to those face to face contact, telephone's not something I can say I've got much experience. Doesn't help that I've got a dry monotonic voice that makes me sound tired over the phone.

Thanks in advance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Telephone interviews
    Keep your CV/Application details handy and avoid background noises or distractions.

Speak clearly and sound bright and positive. Answer concisely – don't ramble!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had a phone interview scheduled for Harrods and they didn't even call me!
    it's been an hour and i can't find any HR emails or contact numbers to call to ask why
    What do i do?!
    this is depressing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    So yeah I just booked a telephone interview with Harrods for Monday at 11am. Pretty surprised I didn't get my usual automatic rejection, but I reckon my Xmas work with John Lewis probably helped sell me.

Anywho, can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm used to those face to face contact, telephone's not something I can say I've got much experience. Doesn't help that I've got a dry monotonic voice that makes me sound tired over the phone.

Thanks in advance.
    i have mine next week :/, what did they ask you? do you know if you got through to the next stage yet?
    • 110 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyloveee)
    i have mine next week :/, what did they ask you? do you know if you got through to the next stage yet?
    They asked why I was particularly interested in working in their department. Have you ever worked in fast-paced environment and what is good customer service.

Be sure to do your research, they can be critical.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how the assessment centre works?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maaaara)
    I had a phone interview scheduled for Harrods and they didn't even call me!
    it's been an hour and i can't find any HR emails or contact numbers to call to ask why
    What do i do?!
    this is depressing.
    Did you find a way to contact them in the ends?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had a telephone interview with harrods about a week ago now - basically she phoned and I welcomed her with "Goodmorning, Hello" she seemed quite pleased and lifted her tone so make SURE you are bubbly! Then she just asked briefly about when I can work from and if I have any holidays booked and how long I can work with them for. She then asked Tell me about an experience you've had when you've created rapport with customers & Why do you want to work with harrods? She only asked 5 questions and I was expecting more! She sounded pleased and ended the conversation with "perfect". About 5mins after I got an email saying that I'm invited for a Group interview, I've got it on Wednesday so wish me luck!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.