The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Japanese - literature

Hi!

I am doing A level Japanese as a solo learner and wanted to know what text I need to read for unit 2. If anyone know please let me know! Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey, the texts you need are:

Tokkyo no Shina - Hoshi Shinichi
Hana - Akutagawa Ryunotsuke
Duke - Kaori Ekuni

Hana comes from a book called "dondon yomeru iroirona hanashi" but I'm not sure where the other two come from as my teacher just gave me a photocopy of them.

Hope that helps!
Reply 2
Do we get the text in the exam?
Original post by A_pp
Do we get the text in the exam?

No
For the translation section, the transation doesnt have to be the same word for word does it?
It just has to make sense and have the same meaning right?
Yeah I guess so... I mean some things in English won't make sense if they're directly translated into Japanese if that makes sense?
They mark it as 1.0/0.5/0 for each sentence I think and it's out of 10 marks! I wouldn't concentrate on the translation too much as they're quite difficult sometimes! Did you see last year's on the gardening and stuff?!
Reply 6
Original post by melissafrat
Yeah I guess so... I mean some things in English won't make sense if they're directly translated into Japanese if that makes sense?
They mark it as 1.0/0.5/0 for each sentence I think and it's out of 10 marks! I wouldn't concentrate on the translation too much as they're quite difficult sometimes! Did you see last year's on the gardening and stuff?!

yes! that was pretty difficult...
I am resitting unit 2 on Wednseday as I did badly in it last year since I didn't prepare for section C at all!
Reply 7
Original post by melissafrat
No

Oh right thanks! Do you have any tips for section C? I'm an individual learner so I'm a bit scared for the exam on Wednesday.
Reply 8
Original post by A_pp
Oh right thanks! Do you have any tips for section C? I'm an individual learner so I'm a bit scared for the exam on Wednesday.

Just try to have an essay prepared on the plot of the books and commit some of it to memory, you'll be able to use a lot or at least some of it in the essays, it takes a lot of pressure off :smile: or at least I hope it's going to. I'm going to go for the essays first, they're worth SO many marks in comparison to the rest of the paper!
Reply 9
Original post by shonamai
Just try to have an essay prepared on the plot of the books and commit some of it to memory, you'll be able to use a lot or at least some of it in the essays, it takes a lot of pressure off :smile: or at least I hope it's going to. I'm going to go for the essays first, they're worth SO many marks in comparison to the rest of the paper!

Hm yeah, I'll do that :smile: I know! I wish the translation was worth more because it takes me ageees! Thanks, good luck tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending