Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

5 Ways Modern Men are Trained to Hate Women

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're not the type to keep up with ugly, soul-killing political controversies, let me catch you up: A while back, hugely popular political commentator Rush Limbaugh lost a bunch of advertisers because he publicly called a college girl a slut and a prostitute after she suggested that health insurance plans should cover birth control. But he's paid to say outrageous things. If you really want to feel all dead inside, you need to listen to what the regular folk were saying ...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19785...ate-women.html
    ~~~

What do you guys think of this? Girls?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    David Wong is a great writer for Cracked, but I feel that for most, if not all of his article he was projecting pretty hard, I Spent most of the article thinking "Speak for yourself, bro". When I saw the article I thought it was going to be a good one, since a lot of guys do have some strange irrational hatred of girls (and vice versa, of course), but it was just a massive disappointment, wasn't really up to par with Cracked's other articles. The most ridiculous part of the article was at the end when he actually said:

'It's like that for most men, most of the time. We're starving, and all women are various types of food. Only instead of food, it's sex.'

Riiiiight :rolleyes:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the author of that article has gone off on a tangent and I don't agree with how he has explained it there.

I think there is quite a lot of misogyny amongst men, particularly young men, it's often disguised as 'jokey banter' but it does have a sinister undercurrent. You see it on TSR, facebook, twitter a lot, all the jokes about chloroforming a girl, telling her to get in the van because you've got a knife, or then the more mild put downs about making you a sandwich or sniggering suggestions about her being unable to think clearly because of her hormones etc.

Also although it will annoy some guys to have it pointed out to them, there's a correlation between this kind of misogyny and being unattractive/unsuccessful/generally not very popular with women. There are exceptions of course but by and large this kind of putting down of women IMO stems from frustration, guys who reach their later teenage years and find when their peers are starting to have experiences with the opposite sex but they are left out, find it depressing at first and then just a constant source of frustration, when they go to uni and start going out and try to make conversation with girls that they like and the girls just brush them off or show disinterest, it makes them bitter and resentful, so it's easy to retreat into the security of being with a group of their mates who are similar type of guys and have this 'lad banter', if they see an attractive girl, brag to each other that they would smash her back door in and so on.

It's a way of trying to restore the power balance if a guy gets repeatedly rejected or ignored by women, he will feel powerless and inferior to them, so some of the way guys act or the things they say, will be to try and restore that power over women in their minds.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    5 - Correct. Far, far too many men seem to think they're entitled to a women. I've never understood the concept of a friendzone. Like why the **** would you wait for a female to run out of options and choose you as a last resort? Or a female to go on with her everyday life and lead under the assumption that you're just friends with the little hope that one day she can accept you? Da ***? People seriously got to stop being such bitches, there's over 3 billion females. Chances are there are at least 1 million that are compatible with you. Also, the concept of being nice to get laid. You're either nice or you aren't. Why are you going to complain that you didn't get laid for being nice? People aren't going to use your insane logic thinking this dude is nice = let me open my legs and sleep with him. No, that's not how it works.

I've been raised with the opposite mindset, my brother reminded that I shouldn't treat women with respect. In my community, being a "sweet boy" was one of the worst insults you could get thrown at you. And you know what, it worked, I was getting a lot of bitches. This is the mindset that pseudo-nice guys resort to once they feel as though being "nice" doesn't pay off and being a douchebag will. However, this is wrong. If all you want is sex, it might work but only with emotionally crippled females. And there are much more females that wouldn't sleep with a douchebag than ones that would and within the ones that would it only applies to the very attractive douchebags so you're probably not even going to make the cut for that criteria. Just ask yourself, how many of you would allow a average girl to act like a douchebag and still expect to bang you? Unless you're a socially awkward virgin then you aren't going to take that bull****. If you want a date, then this is even a worse strategy. At best, you get a emotionally crippled girlfriend. Far too many men put sex and women on a pedestal.

Be respectful as you would to any other human being, realize you aren't entitled to ****, realize you aren't attractive as you think you are and many will find you unattractive and be genuine and cut all the PUA bull**** and you'll lead a happy life. 90%+ men get married, 95%+ engage in a relationship. Although it may seem like you're life is doomed if you haven't gotten a (females aren't something to get, this is also another thing to realize) met a women in a year, you will most likely in your lifetime, just hang in there and don't resort to such desperate measures.

This also applies to females, see princess syndrome.

4 - Incorrect, research has shown the myth that men think about sex every 10 seconds or similar variations is just that a myth

3 - Correct, far to many men seem to be under the impression that girls wear makeup or wear leggings for male attention as opposed to feel good factor or comfortablity hence seem to get upset. Women don't generally have a problem with someone looking at their ass or titties, I look at them myself. However, it's clearly disrespectful to ogle at someone's ass/titties and make them uncomfortable or not look at them when they're speaking to you and look at their body. Men will probably think "but, I wouldn't care if a female looked at my penis whilst I was attempting to speak to her" and I actually held this point of view a couple of days a go but it's bull****. We live in a world where men are privileged, we don't give a **** if we're taken less seriously because we are currently taken seriously. We only hypothesize. If the roles were reversed and we were born into such a world then we would most likely react similar to women. It must be annoying to be a female then get constantly whiteknighted followed blackinghted every time you're on a internet forum/game/party.

4 and 5 are just bull**** generalizations that aren't really true.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heavenly_Blues)
    David Wong is a great writer for Cracked, but I feel that for most, if not all of his article he was projecting pretty hard, I Spent most of the article thinking "Speak for yourself, bro". When I saw the article I thought it was going to be a good one, since a lot of guys do have some strange irrational hatred of girls (and vice versa, of course), but it was just a massive disappointment, wasn't really up to par with Cracked's other articles. The most ridiculous part of the article was at the end when he actually said:

'It's like that for most men, most of the time. We're starving, and all women are various types of food. Only instead of food, it's sex.'

Riiiiight :rolleyes:
    Pretty much agree with this.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cr34m)
    If you're not the type to keep up with ugly, soul-killing political controversies, let me catch you up: A while back, hugely popular political commentator Rush Limbaugh lost a bunch of advertisers because he publicly called a college girl a slut and a prostitute after she suggested that health insurance plans should cover birth control. But he's paid to say outrageous things. If you really want to feel all dead inside, you need to listen to what the regular folk were saying ...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19785...ate-women.html
    ~~~

What do you guys think of this? Girls?
    Just going through them, the first two (5 and 4, whoever did this is probably one of the only people who could learn something about counting from George Lucas) don't involve hate at all?

Number 5 is paralleled by Disney/romcoms telling women they'll get a prince/Mr Right. Both are annoying, being expected to be perfect, but I guess it balances out somewhat, and isn't really going to change unless we all stop watching films.

Number 4 isn't just by men. Arguably it's done more so by the women who buy the magazines that are critical of women's appearances - you won't find a men's mag that points out physical 'flaws' in women. Yes, there are men's magazines that objectify women, but these are usually willing women, rather than someone who's just got out of the car in the wrong way wearing a skirt.

Number 3 I don't think is prevalent at all? I can understand the reasoning, and the article has a dig at Islamic female dress, but even there it isn't done out of hate.

Number 2 has some truth to it. Men used to be essential, but now whatever was 'manly' is now done by the police or machines, and doing it yourself is either illegal (in this country), or stupid. Some could well blame women for it, though by no means all.

Number 1 just belies the author's own pent up frustrations more than anything, I think There's of course an element of truth to it, like his other points, but it's very exaggerated in order to make it a good read. Why do men do stupid stuff? Yes, it is to impress women, but only subconsciously unless the particular woman you're trying to impress is present. Else it is consciously that you merely want to win, be the best, beat someone else - boys play sports before they even know their penis has a use outside the bathroom, and probably still think girls have cooties/lurgies/whatever.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the author was, more than anything just trying to write up an article in response to Limbaugh's comments but ended up writing something a bit more Freudian
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it goes both ways - it's not just men who behave like this, it's women who don't help the situation at all.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's from Cracked.. says it all for me.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The first one on the list is very true, but there's a lot of young people out there with that attitude to life in general, and I don't think it's specifically a dating issue. A lot of young guys seem to be shocked by the effort it takes to actually get a decent girl.

The rest of the article is nonsense, and whatever men it describes must be truly pathetic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think alot of these points are stupid really!

As a woman who doesnt really support the idea that there is a gender gap - maybe because i have an equal ammount of male and female friends and we can all be frank talking to eachother about everything. The girls are all comfortable enough to burp around the boys and the boys are all comfortable enough to talk about feelings (to some extent, were not braiding eachothers hair and doing our nails together). So in many respects i feel as though there is no real need to feel differnt?

The interesting thing for me about the article is the male perceptions on media shows like two and a half men. The same goes for women in shows like Ugly Betty where there is an independant female lead, so irregaurdless of sex, everyone wants to feel as though they dont need anybody else in their lives.

I agree that the media doesnt help perspectives of women - I get so annoyed watching the lead characters in sitcoms like Everybody Loves Raymond which portray women as needy irratic housewives which constantly bitch and moan about their husbands. That does nobody any good! In turn men are portrayed as gormless heartless, workaholic idiots that neglect the feelings of their wives and children.

Lee Evans has a brilliant joke which summarises the opposit sexes thoughts on one another perfectly: "When men do impressions of women they use that really high-pitched nagging voice saying 'im fine, im fine'... But its ok because when women impersonate men they all do that idiot voice and go 'urgghhgg duhhh' and pull a monkey face".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireGarden)
    It's from Cracked.. says it all for me.
    Cracked tend to usually have some pretty high quality articles, this one just....wasn't.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 3, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.