Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

loosing weight on stomach area?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth24xx)
    i have a really big belly and 'muffin tops'
    what exercises get rid of them?
    no specific exercises get rid of body fat on a specific part of your body

the key is eating about 200-300 calories less than your 'maintenance value' - there's a few calculators that give you a rough idea of what this value (the amount you need to eat every day to just maintain your weight) is, and you can experiment with trial and error (and weekly weigh-ins) to figure it out more precisely.

combine that with doing exercise
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Doing sit-ups tones your belly, you hardly lose fat doing sit-ups! You need to do afterburn exercises where you burn calories even after you've exercised e.g. strong cardio like running.

Don't waste your time doing endless amounts of sit-ups because you will get little/no results, you will just get better abs but you won't be able to see them! Only do sit-ups and stuff if you have hardly any fat left on the belly.

Eating a calorie deficit diet will also greatly help, try eating 5 times a day instead of 3, it increases your metabolism so you will burn the calories faster.

All of the above should help you and you should get noticeable results in a matter of weeks. How do I know? Because it worked for me.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth24xx)
    i have a really big belly and 'muffin tops'
    what exercises get rid of them?
    Just low body fat.
    It is the hardest area to lose fat from, and you can never lose fat from just one area, so get a healthy diet going and hit that cardio hard.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    calorific deficit, cardio, ta da, no more fat.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 28, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.