The Student Room Group

MyProtein

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ch0c0h01ic
If you want to be pedantic yes there is a difference but it is too small to be consequential or significantly benefit your progress. Please go and look at the evidence (or lack thereof) if you don't believe me.

The supplement manufacturers make far more money by exploiting the ignorant and selling them ineffectual and overpriced products with pseudoscience than they ever do selling cheap, tried and tested whey concentrate.

I use whey concentrate myself, I'm under no illusions regarding companies selling overpriced products, but the poster who that comment was specifically meant for said "buy the cheapest" and that it's all the same, which is bad advice. The cheapest is sold in places like Holland & Barrett's.

Original post by ch0c0h01ic
If you cannot take criticism think long and hard before you post and drop the stereotypes, aggression and waffle about masculinity. Take a long hard look at yourself, you are the one who needs to chill out.

I'm open to criticism, which I made clear in my post, I'm not trying to prove I'm the most knowledgeable when I know I'm not, just didn't see the need for such comments as

Congratulations, you have fallen for the typical marketing BS.

You could have just gave more information instead of accusing me of being some naive noob. Again, this is the reason why I post on BB and not here for gym related stuff.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I use whey concentrate myself, I'm under no illusions regarding companies selling overpriced products, but the poster who that comment was specifically meant for said "buy the cheapest" and that it's all the same, which is bad advice. The cheapest is sold in places like Holland & Barrett's.

Holland & Barrett is actually pretty expensive and the bulk suppliers like MyProtein, BulkSupplementsDirect, etc are significantly cheaper. As a MyProtein customer I am surprised you have not realised this.

The point is that if you know what you're doing buying cheap does not equal compromising on protein quality or quantity.

You could have just gave more information instead of accusing me of being some naive noob. Again, this is the reason why I post on BB and not here for gym related stuff.

I agree my first comment may have been blunt but it was honest nonetheless and I did not insult you directly or accuse you of being a 'noob'. You are reading a lot more into things than was intended and getting far more worked up than is necessary.

It is crazy that people would rather be told what they want to hear even if it wrong, and be babied, rather than have someone else save them from making their own mistakes.
Original post by thirstysailor
My protein is one of, if not, the cheapest brands for protein. I was wondering if it is significantly worse than maximuscle or relfex etc. or if it's just that myprotein have smaller profit margins.

Cheers

Its pretty good! If you use my referral code you get 10% off your first order usually (happened when my friend used it) MP399339 !
Reply 23
Original post by rlw31
Yeah, if you've already got different accounts to use and you know you'll save a bit on your first 'proper' order than I'd say it's worth it.

Pretty sure they only let you use the code once per address.
Reply 24
Protein is protein.
Eat meat / eggs etc. Drink some milk, have a few protein shakes and you're golden.

Quick Reply

Latest