Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) - Mark III

Announcements Posted on
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    :jebus:
    I said a little prayer for your motivation (as per post in GOG Soc) :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jjedn__Wxk

:getmecoat:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I said a little prayer for your motivation (as per post in GOG Soc) :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jjedn__Wxk

:getmecoat:
    Awww, thanks! Just went to the supermarket because I had nothing in for dinner. I fail at adult life. And still need to get stuff done! Argh!
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinnLassie)
    Oh Tasha, it's just purely because of our ninja powers! :ninja:

:hugs:
    But I have ninja powers and I'm not pychic... :cry2:

(Original post by ak137)
    Cool, yeah nice people on here, especially in this soc

Would like you all to join me in praising the Lord today, for receiving ickle Rose into His earthbound family! She was apparently christened today :woo: :love: :awesome:
    Eeek! Of course! :yay:

(Original post by LostHorizons)
    I assume this is your tutor's baby? Either way, fantastic news

I have to think about baptism at some point, since I wasn't christened as a baby. I feel really nervous about it, largely because my family aren't hugely supportive but also because...even though I do now consider myself a Christian, baptism feels like a big step and I want to feel like I'm really ready for it, if that makes sense. Not sure what would make me feel like that, though
    :hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:
    (Original post by d123)
    Just got my final exam result back, passed everything with more than enough to get into Honours! :party: Slightly disappointed that I only got a B in History but not too much so considering everything that's happened over the last few months. :woo: If I can get all high Bs (translates to a top 2:1) in a semester where I was made semi-homeless and diagnosed with depression in the middle of my exams, then that's a good sign for being on track for great things over the next couple of years
    Well done!!! :hugs: :party: :hugs:
    PRSOM

(Original post by Wild Horses)
    Hey, i like you name, makes me laugh all the time :banana: lol
    If you like his name, you'll love his sig... :sexface:
    (Original post by ak137)
    :unimpressed:

Ah I see :holmes: Sowwy Miss :cry2:. Not to scare you or anything but when you go to Scotland, its like you've stepped into a parallel universe - men wear skirts there! :zomg:

Lol how is summer hot in Finland? Its further away than Scotland and Scotland is rain all year round!
    Oi! :mad: Watch it you! :unimpressed:

(Original post by iwantcurlyhairtoo)
    Who are Scotland playing again, I've forgot?? :giggle:
    :nothing:

You can leave now...
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awww, thanks! Just went to the supermarket because I had nothing in for dinner. I fail at adult life. And still need to get stuff done! Argh!
    If it's any consolation, I'm so dependent on my parents at the mo that when my dad left some lunch out for microwaving and went out, I ordered Pizza Hut coz I couldn't really face microwaving the food... :getmecoat:

(Original post by tasha96)
    TASHA!!!!!!!!!!

How did today go? When do you hear? :hugs:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

Ninjas are psychic, what else... :ninja:

Oh, he's just pulling off his naughty boy act again, just giggle and pat his shoulder.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation, I'm so dependent on my parents at the mo that when my dad left some lunch out for microwaving and went out, I ordered Pizza Hut coz I couldn't really face microwaving the food... :getmecoat:
    Haha, oh dear! Well at least you got something to eat :yes:

I've been all aloooooone for a while now. My parents have swanned off on their holidays and left me here to get work done and look after the house. I live here rent free so I can hardly complain that I have to do a few things to earn my keep.

It does mean I end up spending all my time just sitting at home when my parents are away and that isn't good for me at all. Trying to force myself to leave the house once per day. Managed every day so far :proud: Not getting any work done though :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

:hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:

Well done!!! :hugs: :party: :hugs:
    PRSOM

:nothing:

You can leave now...
    I thought Lantana was around for a minute :aetsch: :ahee:
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, oh dear! Well at least you got something to eat :yes:

I've been all aloooooone for a while now. My parents have swanned off on their holidays and left me here to get work done and look after the house. I live here rent free so I can hardly complain that I have to do a few things to earn my keep.

It does mean I end up spending all my time just sitting at home when my parents are away and that isn't good for me at all. Trying to force myself to leave the house once per day. Managed every day so far :proud: Not getting any work done though :rolleyes:
    Getting out everyday sounds good! I try to pop outside every few days, if I'm feeling up to it. Often I just like to hide indoors though. Living rent-free with parents is great, isn't it? :awesome: I love it :o:

Not to worry: maybe your work brain will kick into action tomorrow. Or even later tonight. There's still time! :yes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)

Second day on citalopram, and I fell asleep as soon as I got home from work. It's making me constantly feel tired; I was told that sleeplessness can be one of the side effects so I'm taking it in the mornings, but so far I'm just really tired all the time. :sadnod:
    That stuff made me so angry all the time (and aggressive) when I took it that I had to stop taking it.
    Hope it'll work better for you, it's still early days, can take about 2 weeks for side-effects to wear off. :hugs:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild Horses)

hello chick, Miss sleep miss out..same as miss school miss out :P lol

Everyone hates the feeling of waking up in the morning for work/school etc wishing you went to bed earlier cause you're just so tired lol.
    :wavey:

Hmm, indeed

I wasn't trying to stay awake...my brain wouldn't let me sleep. :mad: oh well, I will head off to bed in a min, and say prayers instead of endlessly worrying about everything.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

:hugs: Lack of sleep is not fun at all.

Also, you don't talk nonsensical rubbish, silly! :nah:

:jumphug:

you're right it isn't :nope:

Haha, you haven't met me! I do!! Lots!
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quiet_chick)
    :jumphug:

you're right it isn't :nope:

Haha, you haven't met me! I do!! Lots!
    You know what I used to do when I became an insomniac (at first, that is)? Dig out some Chaucer and try and read it. My head would get so confused trying to work out what the hell the words were that I'd get tired and fall asleep :lol:

Well you don't on here at least! :nah:

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know what I used to do when I became an insomniac (at first, that is)? Dig out some Chaucer and try and read it. My head would get so confused trying to work out what the hell the words were that I'd get tired and fall asleep :lol:

Well you don't on here at least! :nah:

Haha now there's an idea!!

Not yet... :ninja:
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha now there's an idea!!

Not yet... :ninja:
    We could have a babbling match to see who makes less sense
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    That stuff made me so angry all the time (and aggressive) when I took it that I had to stop taking it.
    Hope it'll work better for you, it's still early days, can take about 2 weeks for side-effects to wear off. :hugs:
    So far it's not been too bad, first day of taking it I felt pretty ill but since then it's more just really really tired and absolutely no appetite, but I'm functioning (managed to do both my training shifts at work without any problems, which is a relief). Just hoping it has an effect on the actual depression - at the moment I'm too sleepy to care or notice how I feel, but hopefully in a few weeks I'll be back to myself!
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    TASHA!!!!!!!!!!

How did today go? When do you hear? :hugs:
    It went better than expected and I got compliments from the people! :ahee: Thank you for the prayers. :hugs:
    I don't know yet-soon I hope! :woo:

(Original post by FinnLassie)
    Ninjas are psychic, what else... :ninja:

Oh, he's just pulling off his naughty boy act again, just giggle and pat his shoulder.
    So I'm pychic but just don't know it? :ninja:
    I thought Lantana was around for a minute :aetsch: :ahee:
    Pfffft nowhere near! Besides- that's only from last night.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I'm pychic but just don't know it? :ninja:
    Ninjas use the skill when most necessary. :sexface:

:ninja:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

lol, will now have a look
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

Hmm, indeed

I wasn't trying to stay awake...my brain wouldn't let me sleep. :mad: oh well, I will head off to bed in a min, and say prayers instead of endlessly worrying about everything.
    lol, i will try that aswell cause i worry alot too cause i'm stressed
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied for another Christian internship, with the help of my lovely hospital chaplain who agreed to provide a supporting statement :love: This internship is just 1.5 miles from home (an easy bus ride) and it pays 11K :eek3:

Also have an internship interview with the Royal Academy of Music next week :ninja:

How is everyone today? My work ethic is completely shot and the depression is back. Hoping this isn't a sign of something
Updated: July 21, 2013
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.