Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) - Mark III

Announcements Posted on
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostHorizons)
    Gingerbread :love:

The mention of Philippians reminded me to mention, I've joined a Bible study group (reminded me because we'll be looking at Philippians this week) feel very excited about it. I'm still quite overwhelmed by how incredibly welcoming my local church has been. I've only been twice and I already feel like they've really accepted me as a part of their community, and everyone is just lovely! I've also been looking more into Christian-y things at university, and it's making me really excited about going back. There's so much stuff to get involved in, and so much free food I don't think I'll ever need to cook for myself again
    Everyone can have some gingerbread biscuits :yep: *hands out gingerbread to all*

That's really great that they've been so welcoming. I'm pleased you've joined a Bible study group. Must have taken quite some courage to sign up for that.

Free food is always good for the soul :yep:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    PRSOM, amazing to hear that. I love the links between Christianity and food.
    Yes I've also found out there are 2 theology libraries at uni that I had no idea about, so I'm looking forward to mooching round them lots next year!

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Everyone can have some gingerbread biscuits :yep: *hands out gingerbread to all*

That's really great that they've been so welcoming. I'm pleased you've joined a Bible study group. Must have taken quite some courage to sign up for that.

Free food is always good for the soul :yep:
    I probably wouldn't have had the courage to sign up if it wasn't for the fact that one of my friends is also in the group I do feel a bit nervous about it, but I'm mostly really looking forward to discussing the Bible with other people who probably know a lot more than me!
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostHorizons)
    I probably wouldn't have had the courage to sign up if it wasn't for the fact that one of my friends is also in the group I do feel a bit nervous about it, but I'm mostly really looking forward to discussing the Bible with other people who probably know a lot more than me!
    Ah, that does always help, to have a friend already involved. I hope it's a really positive experience for you
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    :wavey:

Chicken chicken

How are you doing?
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have Lindt chocolate now (milk chocolate strawberry and dark chocolate orange) in addition to the gingerbread biscuits and Terry's Chocolate Orange (honeycomb crunch)

Also totally didn't just do a huge splurge buying a family ticket to the Harry Potter studios for my Oxford chaplain
    • 153 followers

ReputationRep:

God never does anything in half measures.
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:

God never does anything in half measures.
    PRSOM :sadnod:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not great. She's still in hospital because sorting out care for her at home is not going well. Hospital only want to give her a carer that pops in 3 times a day but they refuse to accept the fact that she needs a live in carer because she literally cannot walk anymore and my granddad isn't strong enough to lift her up to get her to loo or anything and as he fractured his spine recently (he has cancer in his spine) really needs all the help he can get. Plus she's pretty much gone mentally...while she can remember her childhood very well she can't remember stuff that happened 10 minutes ago, and short conversations really tire her. But we've had a breakthrough because granddad's accepted that actually not telling her she's dying isn't in her best interests so the palliative care team can now get involved.
    :hugs::hugs: Sorting out carers is ridiculous, we have some amazing ones but unfortunately social services are less than helpful. Glad the Palative care team are involved, are there any cancer hospices close by as they tend to offer really good palative care and counciloring as well as being fantastic for respite/support.
    • 153 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    :hugs::hugs: Sorting out carers is ridiculous, we have some amazing ones but unfortunately social services are less than helpful. Glad the Palative care team are involved, are there any cancer hospices close by as they tend to offer really good palative care and counciloring as well as being fantastic for respite/support.
    Yes she's linked to a hospice nearby and they take her every Tuesday for a fun day of pampering (and a lot of alcohol it seems) and luckily they are bugging the hospital too informing them that she needs full time care. I think because the hospice sees my granddad as well they know just how much of a strain it's putting on him too.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes she's linked to a hospice nearby and they take her every Tuesday for a fun day of pampering (and a lot of alcohol it seems) and luckily they are bugging the hospital too informing them that she needs full time care. I think because the hospice sees my granddad as well they know just how much of a strain it's putting on him too.
    That's good our hospice and nurse was amazing
    • 153 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    That's good our hospice and nurse was amazing
    Yeah it's comforting to know that they're being helpful!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you have a good time? :hugs:
    I am home... Almost. :ninja: At my godparents, they're leaving early (5am :afraid:) and I'll be looking after their lovely wiener (dog) for some days.

Trip was nice but ended super awkwardly. Will e-mail you about it tomorrow, now I'm just knackered.

Welcome to the newcomers! I have some fresh peas from the market for sharing :loony:
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinnLassie)
    I am home... Almost. :ninja: At my godparents, they're leaving early (5am :afraid:) and I'll be looking after their lovely wiener (dog) for some days.

Trip was nice but ended super awkwardly. Will e-mail you about it tomorrow, now I'm just knackered.

Welcome to the newcomers! I have some fresh peas from the market for sharing :loony:
    Sure, you PM me whenever you want :hugs:

5am is not a time :no:

Fresh peas? Is that the best you can do? :p:
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:

Finn! :gah: :jumphug:

You alright lovely? :hugs:

Oooooh nummy! :dance: I love fresh, snappy peas in the pod- the smell of home grown ones are simply divine. :coma: My grand parents used to grow them at the bottom of the garden. :moon:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sure, you PM me whenever you want :hugs:

5am is not a time :no:

Fresh peas? Is that the best you can do? :p:
    E-mail, PM, the same... :ninja: Yup, I was super knackered. Still am, took the dog outside just a moment ago and he just sleeps in front of the door waiting for others to come home. That won't be until Tuesday, poor doggie. He better like my company! :fuhrer:

Fresh peas are the best, they're sweet and delicious you fool. I have raw chocolate too but as it's completely dairy free, I'll be enjoying that all by myself.

(Original post by tasha96)
    Finn! :gah: :jumphug:

You alright lovely? :hugs:

Oooooh nummy! :dance: I love fresh, snappy peas in the pod- the smell of home grown ones are simply divine. :coma: My grand parents used to grow them at the bottom of the garden. :moon:
    :sexface:

I'll PM you about it too when it's NOT 5pm and I'm still wondering if this whole message is a dream or not

Ha, I knew you would love my offerings! :awesome: :five:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...when it's NOT 5pm...
    Meant am... Wow I've been tired this morning.

First day dogsitting my godparents wiener: We just had a lovely 30 minutes outside. And lovely in this context means sitting by the mailbox, me preventing him from pulling himself towards the house. Tricked him to go a tad further by making him believe there's a squirrel somewhere.

Does that dog think I'm really going to give him food if he continues with that attitude (I will feed him eventually today though, can't let the dog starve)? :nothing: Trying to take him for another walk later today, I probably need to take a couple of treats to move him further than some funny metres. I knew this would be tough, but oh man is he getting on my nerves.

... But then again he looks so adorabubbles lying on his back on the floor where the sun hits :cry2: :love: :ninja:
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    :hello:

:hi: :jumphug: :love:
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good to be back, bad, and nation wide :smug:

:jumphug: :love: :suith: :hi:
    I'm sure I can speak for everyone in saying that we're very pleased to have you back!

You missed a lot of snacks I'm afraid. I did have gingerbread biscuits and milk chocolate jazzies but I kinda ate them all :ninja: There's Lindt chocolate left though, if you like?
    • 153 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

President VV :top2:
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    AWW :blushing: :woo:

Sure *grabs*
    Hey! I didn't even tell you what flavours, silly! :p:
Updated: July 21, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.