Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) - Mark III

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinnLassie)
    You can PM me if you want to. :hugs: Will be saying a prayer soon. :yes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostHorizons)
    Glad to hear that! :jumphug:

I just ate a sweet chocolate bread my sister got me from Japan. Ahhh, a satisfied tummy is the best tummy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasupercoolgeek)
    It's not a problem! God never leaves anyone alone... there is always someone else is your shoes so you can help one another! I have also brought a very fancy diary and did this think where each morning I write one thing I will do in the day to show love to my family and then write a 'sentence of plea' to the LORD, e.g. reminding Him of a dream He gave to me about my families salvation [IMG]file://localhost/Users/candacechan/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_image002.png[/IMG]

a mega mega hug to you!!
    So true!!!! Writing a diary is such an amazing idea to start with! You just reminded me of my little diary.....I intended to write down the blessings and grace from God each month so that I can review them by the end of the year, to recall every miraculous moment I've had with God. I did this for a year and a half and somehow it's been completely out of my mind....until now you mentioned . He spoke to me through you! Praises be to our God !!!!!!!!!! :dancing2: Speaking of dreams, weeks ago I had a dream about telling people about his gospel!! It wasn't particular about family like yours though. Am so glad to know God spoke to you in person about your family's salvation! Such an encouragement !

(Original post by Mazzini)
    Hehe, it's fine

Still trying to find Olympics tickets though...
    Have all the Olympics tickets been sold out?? :confused:
    I saw on the news last night that some people held a banner outside the stadium asking for a ticket.
    Which games do you want to watch? I'm so into Gymnastics but I know I can never get a ticket
    Hope you can get one
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Operation is next week. I would appreciate it a lot if you continued praying for me.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanizst)
    Have all the Olympics tickets been sold out?? :confused:
    I saw on the news last night that some people held a banner outside the stadium asking for a ticket.
    Which games do you want to watch? I'm so into Gymnastics but I know I can never get a ticket
    Hope you can get one
    Nope, there are still a few on sale but you have to be quick!

Anything in the Olympic Park

I think there are some gymnastics tickets still up for grabs although you have to be quick... Follow @2012TicketAlert on Twitter and it automatically tweets when there are new tickets available
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope, there are still a few on sale but you have to be quick!

Anything in the Olympic Park

I think there are some gymnastics tickets still up for grabs although you have to be quick... Follow @2012TicketAlert on Twitter and it automatically tweets when there are new tickets available
    Still a few on sale?? Woow incredible ! Can already picture myself sitting there waving at the athletes! :bumps: My friend has got a ticket and if I remember the price correctly it costed him nearly £100 :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinnLassie)
    Operation is next week. I would appreciate it a lot if you continued praying for me.
    Keep praying for you!!!!!!

(Original post by LostHorizons)
    Just had quite an upsetting experience. Would really appreciate prayers.
    Will keep you in my prayers! I had quite an eventful weekend and was so devastated
    God walked through this with me so I'm very sure He'll do the same for you too!!!!! God bless !!!!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still a few on sale?? Woow incredible ! Can already picture myself sitting there waving at the athletes! :bumps: My friend has got a ticket and if I remember the price correctly it costed him nearly £100 :cool:
    Yeah you have to be so quick though, they go within 30 seconds.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you have to be so quick though, they go within 30 seconds.
    30 seconds :eek::eek::eek: ? I thought it would be 30 mins! My chance to watch the games is so slim :s-smilie: Those who succeed to grab a ticket must be refreshing the twitter website like every 10 seconds!!!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    30 seconds :eek::eek::eek: ? I thought it would be 30 mins! My chance to watch the games is so slim :s-smilie: Those who succeed to grab a ticket must be refreshing the twitter website like every 10 seconds!!!
    Yep, demand is high!
    • 148 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all prayers guys, don't have time to read things sorry! Hope all well, catch me up on stuff!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone I don't suppose anyone else here's going to Taize this summer?
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerseymackem)
    hey everyone I don't suppose anyone else here's going to Taize this summer?
    I was planning on going but I'm so behind on my dissertation (am doing a Masters, so it's due in on 30th August) that there's just no way it can be done this year :no: :cry: :sad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i just wanted to ask this question & see if anyone had an answer to it...how do you explain a young Christian dying? e.g. dying of a sudden heart attack etc and them serving God faitfully... how can it be God's will?

im not tricking anyone out, im a christian, i just wanted to know
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i just wanted to ask this question & see if anyone had an answer to it...how do you explain a young Christian dying? e.g. dying of a sudden heart attack etc and them serving God faitfully... how can it be God's will?

Such issues are tricky ones. The thing to remember is that there are certain things that we of this world do not - as yet - know or understand about God. One of them is suffering and another is death of the young. I'd be inclined to say God would have called them early for a reason but as to what it is, I doubt anyone can really give a satisfactory answer :nah:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Such issues are tricky ones. The thing to remember is that there are certain things that we of this world do not - as yet - know or understand about God. One of them is suffering and another is death of the young. I'd be inclined to say God would have called them early for a reason but as to what it is, I doubt anyone can really give a satisfactory answer :nah:
    hmm yeah, just because we don't know the answer doesn't mean there isn't one... also "to live is Christ, to die is gain"
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

We all tend to focus entirely on our current lives, which is natural; for now, it's all we know. But God can see the bigger picture - he can see our future, that stretches to eternity. Our lives on earth are tiny compared to that. So it might seem like an early death it a punishment, or unfair, but in the grand scale of God's plan, it's a small detail.

It's also worth thinking about what that person might have gone through if they had lived longer - perhaps they were saved from suffering by being taken earlier?

I guess ultimately we don't know God's plans for us, but we can still trust that he has a plan, and that it will work out for the best for every one of us, even if we can't see it at the time.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey Guys Read this story and enjoy

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.

That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way." "I wrote: "Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it."

Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people that they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively. When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile. Face your past without regret.
    Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.

The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling. And even more beautiful, is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    That last line is so true :love:
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:
Updated: July 21, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.