Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) - Mark III

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course Shan!

That means chocolate again in a week! :bigsmile:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Talking of food...again...

does anyone share the 'Seder' meal with their fellow parishioners in their church?

To be quite frank, I had never heard of it until I read about it in a parish newsletter of a church I intend going to during Passion Week whilst away in Ireland. I'm linking details of what I'm talking of so as you know exactly what a Seder meal is - in case you've never heard of it either.

http://www.cist.org.uk/pv/em/er3521.htm

This celebration demonstrates in a practical manner the extent to which our Christian traditions, both Protestant and Catholic, are derived from our common Jewish origins.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Tiz now Holy Week! :eek2:

Prayers that I make it to and through all the services please
    Thoughts and prayers with you, as always, my friend.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, wow. Apparently most of the people who I was planning on going to the cinema tonight with have decided that I am uninvited, so I "don't cause more trouble for myself". This was all because of the thing that happened a while ago where I got really angry at someone. One of my friends has explained that in the group chat they were sort of ganging up on me because I wasn't in there, and she didn't want that to happen at the cinema tonight, which is fair enough, but from the way the person who told me initially worded it, they don't want me there because they think i'm gonna kick something off. -.-
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Thoughts and prayers with you, as always, my friend.
    Thank you. See my post in Cath Soc for how I did. (For everyone else's benefit, I did quite well :jebus: )

The post of parish secretary is soon becoming vacant. Tempting, tempting... Please all pray for my discernment :beard:

(Original post by Quornslice)
    Ugh, wow. Apparently most of the people who I was planning on going to the cinema tonight with have decided that I am uninvited, so I "don't cause more trouble for myself". This was all because of the thing that happened a while ago where I got really angry at someone. One of my friends has explained that in the group chat they were sort of ganging up on me because I wasn't in there, and she didn't want that to happen at the cinema tonight, which is fair enough, but from the way the person who told me initially worded it, they don't want me there because they think i'm gonna kick something off. -.-
    :hugs:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The post of parish secretary is soon becoming vacant. Tempting, tempting... Please all pray for my discernment :beard:

Good luck! Will be praying for you in the weeks to come!

• 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Will be praying for you in the weeks to come!

Thanks hun. I've sent them an email asking for a job description :yes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :console: that sucks

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Of course Shan!

That means chocolate again in a week! :bigsmile:
    chocolate chocolate chocolate :drool: WOOOOO.
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate is VERY good for the soul :yep:

Which reminds me: must buy ingredients for Easter nests :gah:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    To make things worse, they've now gone and all posted statuses on facebook saying at the cinema with the musical people, sorry Alex, then tagged me in it. -.-
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josiea)
    :console: that sucks

chocolate chocolate chocolate :drool: WOOOOO.
    The mother's storing the family's Easter egg's in my room and it's SO unfair :lol:
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    To make things worse, they've now gone and all posted statuses on facebook saying at the cinema with the musical people, sorry Alex, then tagged me in it. -.-
    That's a pretty ****ty thing to do, tbh :jumphug:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    The mother's storing the family's Easter egg's in my room and it's SO unfair :lol:
    Because she knows you can't eat them? I dunno if I'd be able to resist that!

:eek: they don't sound very nice
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty ****ty thing to do, tbh :jumphug:
    Yeah but i'm not gonna rise to it. (Moral Highground for the win)

(Original post by Josiea)
    :eek: they don't sound very nice
    They're just trying to make me say something i'll regret later so i'm not gonna.
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but i'm not gonna rise to it. (Moral Highground for the win)

They're just trying to make me say something i'll regret later so i'm not gonna.
    That's very mature of you. I would have said something. I have such a temper
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tiz now Holy Week! :eek2:

Prayers that I make it to and through all the services please
    Of course.

(Original post by yawn)
    Talking of food...again...

does anyone share the 'Seder' meal with their fellow parishioners in their church?
    No, sounds interesting though

They don't sound like people you want to be friends with then!

Chocolate is VERY good for the soul :yep:

Which reminds me: must buy ingredients for Easter nests :gah:
    I maded some, except we made them with shredded wheat which is odd, Tis much better with cornflakes. I may have far too many mini eggs....
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    I may have far too many mini eggs....
    Blasphemy! There is no such thing as too many mini eggs :nah:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blasphemy! There is no such thing as too many mini eggs :nah:
    Except when you eat them all and feel sick....
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    Except when you eat them all and feel sick....
    :console:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    As some of you remember I am currently in Ukraine being part of Easter Course's planning team. Things are hectic but great, haven't had much sleep but that'll be fixed when I'll have more free time to sort out my head and all. It's kinda creepy to go to sleep at night as I am alone in my room and the view from the window is the monastery's church bell tower, and, well... it just looks creepy on the night sky. I have read too many horror stories!

This morning I am responsible for the leaders' morning prayer, and as part of that I'd like to leave some prayer requests for you. The other leaders will now type them down.

CLAIRE & ISTVAN - Thank you for praying for us. Please pray that people will be open to talk about faith and explore their relationship with Jesus. Please pray for lives to be transformed in Jesus' name. God bless!
    I am also requesting prayers for one of the participants in particular. She is an amazing girl, but yesterday she got to know that a dear, dear family member of hers has passed away and will today be travelling back home.

I want to thank God so much for bringing me here to this course, I thank Him with all my heart. For us (me, Claire and Istvan at least) this is not just a course. It's a mission, a mission to make an impact on people's lives through these sessions that we have on faith and human rights. We have such an amazing planning team, couldn't ask for more.

God bless you all!
Updated: July 21, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.