TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) - Mark III

Announcements Posted on
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    :rofl: :rofl: that's brilliant

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming

How are you ?
    I'm alright, thanks. Though I'd rather be sleeping than be dissertation reading atm :sigh:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I'm alright, thanks. Though I'd rather be sleeping than be dissertation reading atm :sigh:
    I read that as desertation... now I'm hungry

Is it just proof reading or what?
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    I read that as desertation... now I'm hungry

Is it just proof reading or what?
    Nah: coz I'm a Masters student, I'm only just beginning to do the work required for my dissertation. So reading key texts, etc :yes:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah: coz I'm a Masters student, I'm only just beginning to do the work required for my dissertation. So reading key texts, etc :yes:
    Oh what are you writing on?

I was 3 marks off a 7 in history
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh what are you writing on?

I was 3 marks off a 7 in history
    I'm doing a dissertation on cover singles, using Glee as a case study

Sorry about the delayed reply, btw. Kinda snuck into bed and snoozed :getmecoat:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:

Sorry about the delayed reply, btw. Kinda snuck into bed and snoozed :getmecoat:
    Glee? Why?

It's ok
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    Glee? Why?

It's ok
    :teehee:

:hugs:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    :argh: history :emo: so so annoying :emo:
    My little brother has his History IB exam tomorrow too! Good luck!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

How's it going? Written anything yet?

Always a good thing to do :yes:

(Original post by d123)
    My little brother has his History IB exam tomorrow too! Good luck!
    I have my mental health assessment tmrw :eek: (as in testing my skills in it rather than my mental health being assessed ) Must remember to ask about thought echo/insertion if it's schizophrenia...
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    How's it going? Written anything yet?

Always a good thing to do :yes:

I have my mental health assessment tmrw :eek: (as in testing my skills in it rather than my mental health being assessed ) Must remember to ask about thought echo/insertion if it's schizophrenia...
    Nothing written yet but very slowly collecting some good quotes :yes:

Just channel me. Think of all the things I moan about on here and ask your test patient whether they have them :p:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing written yet but very slowly collecting some good quotes :yes:

Just channel me. Think of all the things I moan about on here and ask your test patient whether they have them :p:
    Do you have a vague plan of how you're going to do it?

But you have amazing insight and speak logically and your answers are appropriate- we had someone today that... just wow :sadnod:

Though do you have many negative symptoms? You're not 'burnt out' yet so I'm guessing not much :curious: You on olanzapine (sp?) /med school conditioning to ask lots of nosy questions
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a vague plan of how you're going to do it?

But you have amazing insight and speak logically and your answers are appropriate- we had someone today that... just wow :sadnod:

Though do you have many negative symptoms? You're not 'burnt out' yet so I'm guessing not much :curious: You on olanzapine (sp?) /med school conditioning to ask lots of nosy questions
    I've got it all planned out nicely. My supervisor was quite taken aback. Don't think he's seen such an organised plan in a while, the way he reacted

Yeah, I am very fortunate in that respect.

I actually have more negative symptoms than positive ones, as far as I'm concerned. For a long time the diagnosis was "severe depression with psychotic symptoms" and it's quite clear there's some serious mood disorder going on (which the Sertraline I'm on - also on aripiprazole btw, which has eradicated 90% of the positive symptoms - does sweet FA about). I have huge problems with motivation, getting out of bed and concentration and am pretty low most of the time. Though because I'm a high-functioning schizoaffective, it seems to everyone else as though I'm normal :dontknow: I am still pretty burnt out from Oxford, tbh. Will take a very long time to recover from that, if recovery is at all possible :sadnod:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I actually have more negative symptoms than positive ones, as far as I'm concerned. For a long time the diagnosis was "severe depression with psychotic symptoms" and it's quite clear there's some serious mood disorder going on (which the Sertraline I'm on - also on aripiprazole btw, which has eradicated 90% of the positive symptoms - does sweet FA about). I have huge problems with motivation, getting out of bed and concentration and am pretty low most of the time. Though because I'm a high-functioning schizoaffective, it seems to everyone else as though I'm normal :dontknow: I am still pretty burnt out from Oxford, tbh. Will take a very long time to recover from that, if recovery is at all possible :sadnod:
    Which is worse?

Though that's not that rare. Efficiancy of psychiatric drugs isn't that great.

Although the million dollar question is this due to the depressive or the schizophrenic side Although it doesn't sound like a bundle of laughs either way.

:yes: Because you are intelligent enough to be able to hide it and rationalise. But then, sometimes it's hard to tell - I went to see a patient that if we hadn't looked at her notes, could have passed for having a normal conversation with us and that nothing was wrong.

I meant more that you brain hasn't burnt out from making hallucinations rather than stress/anxiety/trauma of Oxford.

Your managing to function in society to an extent so I wouldn't loose hope :yes:
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which is worse?

Though that's not that rare. Efficiancy of psychiatric drugs isn't that great.

Although the million dollar question is this due to the depressive or the schizophrenic side Although it doesn't sound like a bundle of laughs either way.

:yes: Because you are intelligent enough to be able to hide it and rationalise. But then, sometimes it's hard to tell - I went to see a patient that if we hadn't looked at her notes, could have passed for having a normal conversation with us and that nothing was wrong.

I meant more that you brain hasn't burnt out from making hallucinations rather than stress/anxiety/trauma of Oxford.

Your managing to function in society to an extent so I wouldn't loose hope :yes:
    Which is worse out of the positive and negative symptoms? Hard to tell. I guess the positive symptoms. They're fricking scary. Whereas the depression side of things I'm too apathetic about to bemoan properly :p:

Oh I see. Yeah, my brain has coped pretty well with all the hallucinations and everything. Hasn't burnt out yet. Though I daresay it must have changed chemically, given how well the aripiprazole works

I haven't lost hope quite yet. Though I'm very pessimistic about the job market and finding a disabled-friendly job. Really hoping I get onto this BBC Extend scheme, which is specifically for disabled people. Can't be discrimination there
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would appreciate your prayers folk, boyfriend's been in the hospital the whole evening and night, safely home now but holy poops was I scared when I woke up to his message. :no:

I'm just really worried this will effect his visit here which is in 3 weeks... His ankle ligaments are going to take 6 weeks to heal.
    • 143 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinnLassie)
    I would appreciate your prayers folk, boyfriend's been in the hospital the whole evening and night, safely home now but holy poops was I scared when I woke up to his message. :no:

I'm just really worried this will effect his visit here which is in 3 weeks... His ankle ligaments are going to take 6 weeks to heal.
    Shall be praying!
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

:hugs:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Morning all :coffee:

How are we all?

I'm good got a long day at uni but my bf has decided to come up and see me tomorrow which is awesome Just got to make sure i get as much work done as I did yesterday... really happy to have a productive day compared to last few weeks!

Finn: Praying for you and your bf, hopefully he'll heal soon

TLG: I always admire how well you cope with everything, really don't think i could as much. :hugs:

:hugs::hugs: for all.
    • 88 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Morning all :coffee:

How are we all?

I'm good got a long day at uni but my bf has decided to come up and see me tomorrow which is awesome Just got to make sure i get as much work done as I did yesterday... really happy to have a productive day compared to last few weeks!

Finn: Praying for you and your bf, hopefully he'll heal soon

TLG: I always admire how well you cope with everything, really don't think i could as much. :hugs:

:hugs::hugs: for all.
    Good morning! :wavey:

Really glad you had a productive day and even more glad that you're seeing the boyfriend soon

Aw, thank you

:hugs: to you too :yep:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the prayers! :grouphugs:

He says the painkillers aren't working that much, I so wish I could be there to pamper him... :cry: When he comes here I'll most likely suffocate him with love and care. Which reminds me, I have to find more about the assistance services at the airports & airlines he'll be flying with.

I've been reading Esther's story today - I loved it when I was a kid and still do! Can't believe it's been 10 years since I last read it. :eek:

I have been very productive today people, my The Sims 3 prettacy is going on generation three!

... what?

:ninja:
Updated: July 21, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.