The Student Room Group

Shawn Tyson gets life for the murder of two Brits in Florida

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pitt1988
If he got sentenced over here, he'd be out in 15 years.

Stop spewing populist crap which you don't have the faintest idea about.
I don't understand the talk of bringing the killer to the UK as the crime was committed in the US and so punishment is the prerogative of the US. Besides, as many have already said, he'd be out much quicker over here and have a cushty time in prison anyway.

He'll get the **** kicked into him in a US prison- with no gun it's a whole new ball game.
Reply 22
Original post by beepbeeprichie
Stop spewing populist crap which you don't have the faintest idea about.

Soz hard. Next time I go to post something in jest, I will bear in mind your condescending demeanour and plethora of knowledge of our judicial system.
Why is this news?
Reply 24
Original post by Pitt1988
Soz hard. Next time I go to post something in jest, I will bear in mind your condescending demeanour and plethora of knowledge of our judicial system.

Yeah, you're right about the sentencing over here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17544660
Original post by Davethedavedave
Seen as well handed so many of our citizens over to the Americans, I think its time they handed some more of theirs over to us.

They where a British couple afterall.

Are you out of your mind??? :lolwut: They would have gotten 18 months and a free house + benefits at the end of it over here.

OT - They should be on death row. Preferably for 25 years before being electricuted to death
I don't get it WHY kill them? D:
Original post by bananaterracottapie
im not sure how comfortable i am for someone being sentenced for life for something they did when they were sixteen though...

Are you more comfortable saying their life is worth more than the two they took away for fun? Those men they killed won't be poppin out their graves to enjoy their midlife crisis' and retirements in 30 years.
Original post by Goku101
One of the person that died (james kouzaris), his dad used to be my R.E teacher a couple of years ago and he still teaches at the school i went. Before this happened, he used to talk of his son and he had gone to university and how he had really good interview techniques in which i have learned aswell as INSPIRING me to think big and be good in life, but now he is a changed man, all because of this mope, i hope shawn got what he deserved.

God Bless that teacher!
Lowlife pig shot them for fun. It's true that the families have been given a life sentence. You don't get over losing someone like that, especially so brutally. He deserves life.
Original post by I Kant Spall
Can't say I feel comfortable with putting a 17-year-old in jail for the rest of his life

why not? it's a depressing situation, but he did what he did, so f**k him.
Reply 31
He should have pleaded self defence, I hear that in Florida if you say that you don't even get arrested let alone tried and sent to prison for life.
Original post by Davethedavedave
Seen as well handed so many of our citizens over to the Americans, I think its time they handed some more of theirs over to us.

They where a British couple afterall.

No thanks, we'd give the kid "life", life being 20 years minimum..and because he's 17..we'll end up letting him out in 10 or something ridiculous like that.

Anyway he boasts one of them begged for his life and he shot him anyway, he didn't even take their money in the end, so what..he did it for fun?

Kid needs to be thrown in with some absolute psychopaths, let them bleed him like a stuck pig while he cries and begs for mercy. Maybe then he'll understand what a monstrous thing he did. Ugh even that seems too much effort to organise. Can't we just use "humans" like this as a cheap alternative to IED detecting equipment? Rather then risking our brave bomb detecting serviceman, just get this kid to walk down the alley with suspected IED's.
Reply 33
Original post by joey11223
No thanks, we'd give the kid "life", life being 20 years minimum..and because he's 17..we'll end up letting him out in 10 or something ridiculous like that.

Anyway he boasts one of them begged for his life and he shot him anyway, he didn't even take their money in the end, so what..he did it for fun?

Kid needs to be thrown in with some absolute psychopaths, let them bleed him like a stuck pig while he cries and begs for mercy. Maybe then he'll understand what a monstrous thing he did. Ugh even that seems too much effort to organise. Can't we just use "humans" like this as a cheap alternative to IED detecting equipment? Rather then risking our brave bomb detecting serviceman, just get this kid to walk down the alley with suspected IED's.

"Life" in the UK judicial system can easily mean as low as 8 years. I don't understand why the powers that be are so reluctant to punish truly evil people, but penalise ordinary people with vigour.

But the liberals would get their knickers in a twist because it's not his fault, he's not responsible for his own actions, he has human rights equal to those of his victims, etc etc drone etc.
Good. Long may he rot in jail.

What a waste of life too - not just of 2 people but of 3, the victims and that of a 17 year old.
Reply 35
Original post by Agenda Suicide
May he never walk the streets again. It makes me sick that people are like this.

In my book I'm glad he is over there and staying over there. If it was here he'd probably be out in 10 after good behaviour ready to kill again.

Maybe it's time we took a leaf from America's book in terms of sentencing. There shoukld be no worry about prison funding, if we can't afford new prisons, take money away from the prisoners.

God dammit this makes my blood boil.

You made a thread about this issue. But don't you see that this senseless callous murder still happened despite the existence of the very system you are recommending that we espouse? As for the funding you are referring to where and how will the government get it? Remember the guy was only 16 when he committed the crime. I anticipate you may say the family do you think it fair to punish his punish his innocent juvenile siblings and parents for crimes committed by one child? Also most of the criminals will also come from the poorest section of society. Looking at it further Tyson is an African American and using the latest available government data from 2009 tells us that wealth of an average black family is $5677(vs $113149 for a white family). So probably a poor family like his will actually own nothing and be net debtor. So once again how do you fund such an onerous system?
Original post by Dr Good Manners
Are you more comfortable saying their life is worth more than the two they took away for fun? Those men they killed won't be poppin out their graves to enjoy their midlife crisis' and retirements in 30 years.

no and im not quite sure how you deduced that
Reply 37
Was anybody else abolsutely NOT surprised when their killer was revealed to be black.

I know I certainly wasn't. I'm glad he's gonna rot in jail, hope everyday he gets made a bitch in the showers.
Reply 38
Original post by Zeffy
Was anybody else abolsutely NOT surprised when their killer was revealed to be black.

I know I certainly wasn't. I'm glad he's gonna rot in jail, hope everyday he gets made a bitch in the showers.

Why are you race baiting bro? BBC one said the vitcims went into a low-housing estate and yer most of them are filled with blacks but it don't mean a white person can't do this. Also if you get shocked to see whites or asians doing crimes like this then.... I don't know.
Reply 39
Original post by Arceus
Why are you race baiting bro? BBC one said the vitcims went into a low-housing estate and yer most of them are filled with blacks but it don't mean a white person can't do this. Also if you get shocked to see whites or asians doing crimes like this then.... I don't know.

Love it when idiots bring out "whaaaaa white people do this too!" as an argument.

Perhaps they do, but in far less number than blacks do. For some reason blacks and crime go hand-in-hand.

Whether it's a genetic problem that crime is hardwired into them, a result of poor upbringing, a lack of good black role models or what. You can't deny blacks cause a disproportiante amount of crime.

Just look at all the stabbings and shootings in London. Very rarely are the attackers white. 99% of the time they're black because for some reason a large portion of black youth think carrying guns and knives is cool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending