Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think about people who don't wear make up or 'fashionable clothes'?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy for them as they are clearly comfortable with who they are. Of course make up looks nice, but I'd say its more of a dressy up thing for a formal do than everyday wear. I don't think fashionable matters tbh. Primark isn't fashionable, yet they sell some pretty decent stuff - oh and 800th post
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just been reading through the comments and I'm pleasantly surprised I am not the person I described in my OP, however I like the rest of you admire these people. The reason why I posted this question is because its not often that I would see someone like that, 99% of people I come across are very fashion conscious and wear make up so I wanted an opinion from these types of people about those who outwardly are so very different from them.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    id just think they were being themselves
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like me. Minus the good hygiene part.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Good hygiene is all that's really important imo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think simplicity is best beauty...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    I saw a man today wearing what appeared to be a pair of black denim jeans, with a pair of navy denim beneath as I could see the bottom of them. Never have I seen someone wear 2 pairs of jeans. Especially in todays' heat, he must have been absolutely boiling!

Regarding the opening post, I don't know; I think it depends. It is nice to see that people take pride in their appearance, but this does not necessarily have to involve fashion as you said. Being honest, most of what constitutes fashion today, in this country at least, is bloody horrible. High tops? Skinny jeans? Barbour? No thank you, indeed!
    Maybe he had an excessive sweating problem and was worried that stains would show?:dontknow:
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between looking scruffy and just not being dressed in expensive fashion. I tend to stick to jeans and a decent top, and I don't wear make up, but I like to think I still present myself well enough in the street for people not to stare and think "oh look at the state of her".
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who follow fashion need to be shot.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's more attractive then the orange, blonde haired girls at my college...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see allot of em.
    Chubby girl red cheeks, EVERLAST hood, ugly trainers. Lol insecure girl ready to get tapped.

On the other hand, there a few WHOO look top notch without make up. Usually white girls with naturally blond hair and fair skin. Or mixed raced/light brown girls. Who wear figure hugging clothing.

Anyways most guys don't know if girls are wearing top notch clothing brands. As most don't have logos on the outside :Z.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    People who follow fashion need to be shot.
    I can guarantee some of your relatives and also your future children (if you get any) follow/ will follow fashion trends.

Next time i see them i will make sure my shotgun is nice a primed and ready for a perfect shot between their eyes.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me)
    I can guarantee some of your relatives and also your future children (if you get any) follow/ will follow fashion trends.

Next time i see them i will make sure my shotgun is nice a primed and ready for a perfect shot between their eyes.
    If I ever have children, I can assure you they will not follow fashion trends. They won't be superficial.

Perhaps I should have clarified, I mean the brain dead people who follow fashion trends regardless of whether they like it or not, just to look cool. They are the type to speak like "omdaizzzz can't w8 4 dah gurls 'oliday!!!" and idea of debate is whether a lipstick colour suits them.

If people wear things that they like, but happen to be in fashion, then I can't really raise an objection.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't give much of a **** tbh, considering I spend a lot of time on public transport and serving customers at work , I've come across a lot of people with terrible poor hygiene so it'd make a nice change to see someone who actually washed, no matter what they dressed like :')

There is a guy in my Lit class who dresses in full goth attire, i.e trench coat, bondage pants and industrial boots no matter what the weather is, so I do feel a bit bad for him during this heat :')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't care, since fashion is a bit hollow (buying the latest trends when there is no objective reason to do so lol..)

In honesty though, I do look down on people who are stressed scruffily, or take no pride in their appearance. I wouldn't really be welcoming/kind to such people, but such is life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fashion wise I can't keep up with the trends.
    Make up wise I don't wear it on a daily basis I don't see the point.

I'd think they were comfortable in whatever which is rare.They don't care what society thinks (possibly for all I know they're just having a bad day!)
    I had a friend who really tried to push me to wear make up and she said she felt insecure without it.But everyone has their reasons...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think women are confident or kind of lazy to not wear makeup. They're confident by loving their true skin and imperfections. They can be lazy if they don't like looking put-together overall.

I think its fine, its a personal preference.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me)
    I see allot of em.
    Chubby girl red cheeks, EVERLAST hood, ugly trainers. Lol insecure girl ready to get tapped.

On the other hand, there a few WHOO look top notch without make up. Usually white girls with naturally blond hair and fair skin. Or mixed raced/light brown girls. Who wear figure hugging clothing.

Anyways most guys don't know if girls are wearing top notch clothing brands. As most don't have logos on the outside :Z.

So... no one else looks good without make up but fair skinned blonde girls and mixed raced or lighter skinned brown women in tight clothes? Hang on- I'll note that in my diary right quick so that me and my perfect skin are never seen outside without make-up again. I had no idea people didn't think I looked good! Funny how they all call me pretty. What a bunch of liars.

As for this topic, I doubt I'd notice someone who's overall appearance seemed to suggest that they were totally ordinary...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I see one of those every time I look in the mirror.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't notice tbh.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 9, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.