Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What makes you feel different about yourself than to other people?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Y'now? When you see a crowd of people or if your waiting in a que and you feel somewhat different to all the other people standing there, what is it about you that makes you feel different?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I am different but if I'd say anything I do sit quite oddly and people think I'm weird because of it :L
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    my experiences, my plans for the future, my way of thinking, my views, my beliefs, my purpose in life....
    • 92 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like to be nice to nice people. But a lot of people like to be nasty to nice people for some odd reason
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Impossible to say. I think I'm quite different from those around me, but not because of one trait.

The things that make up me are found everywhere, I just happen to have a certain combination of stuff that make me, me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I like to be nice to nice people. But a lot of people like to be nasty to nice people for some odd reason
    I'm sorry to hear that dear, please continue to be nice and not let other people upset you, thanks again
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't. I'm probably the same as 99% of the population. The only difference is I can hear only my thoughts and I'm looking at them through my eyes.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm me, they're them. I have a closer connection to myself. Though every person will have similar hopes, thoughts, feeling, emotions, desires etc.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes wonder if I think totally differently to the majority of people...I can't switch my brain off.

If I'm sitting on a train I look outside, then at the sky and boom. Brain goes into overload about the insignificance of humans in relation to the universe and I can spend an entire hour pondering about the complex inter-specieal (is this a word?!) links on our tiny planet.

That or I am trying to figure out how the train is running, chair was made, where did the fibres come from..the plastic to make the chair. Where was the carpet imported from? Hell it just never stops.

My friends think I am insane.

EDIT: Aw Negged for being honest. Guess I am the same as everyone else then
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My 12 inch penis.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That I am Batman.....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diving_queen)
    I sometimes wonder if I think totally differently to the majority of people...I can't switch my brain off.

If I'm sitting on a train I look outside, then at the sky and boom. Brain goes into overload about the insignificance of humans in relation to the universe and I can spend an entire hour pondering about the complex inter-specieal (is this a word?!) links on our tiny planet.

That or I am trying to figure out how the train is running, chair was made, where did the fibres come from..the plastic to make the chair. Where was the carpet imported from? Hell it just never stops.

My friends think I am insane.

EDIT: Aw Negged for being honest. Guess I am the same as everyone else then
    if you think a lot then its good, it shows you have a curiousity about stuff and how and why things happens, that's good, you have the hunger to increase your knowledge which is a great thing.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most individuals have not struggled for several years in order to try and steal the fortune of orphans. Coincidentally, I have.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arbaaz)
    if you think a lot then its good, it shows you have a curiousity about stuff and how and why things happens, that's good, you have the hunger to increase your knowledge which is a great thing.
    Thanks

It can tiresome though! When I realise things like the clothes I am wearing were probably made by incredibly unfairly treated people, as were the mans in front of me and the womens dress next to me. Then I think about my phone and wonder where the technology came from and remember the mineral coltan (tantalite) is often sourced in incredibly poor countrys whereby the people are exploited just so we can upgrade our technology 24/7.

Then I try and shut it off for a bit. It can be overwhelming at times
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Don't worry, I get exactly the same thing. I have no idea what makes me different, but apparently it's enough to get abuse on the street.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im me, and theres only one of me...thank god. i am quite a strange little person, in that i have a bizarre sense of humour that only a select few people seem to get. i can be quite hyper and unique in how i dress at times. my music taste is also quite different from a lot of people and quite varied in its styles. i talk to myself and have little "chattering/random musings" that go through my head constantly. i also survive on about 3 hours of sleep a night and have a long list of weird food issues but can bake and decorate a damn fine cake.

i also seem to have 2 me's- the one that is smart,extremely organised, professional and clever, which is who i am on the ward and when iv been at work, who is also pretty damn shy as well, though i am working on my confidence.
    then theres the me that i am when around my friends, which is slightly crazy, loud, likes brightly coloured hair, retains all the useless knowledge that no-one really needs to know but inevitably gets brought up in conversation from time to time, enjoys a drink and is very spontaneus, and probably more confident than the other me for some reason. i think the 2 me's are even more distinguishable from each other as they have different names as well (because my friends didnt think my name suited me that much so they gave me a new nickname and its been there for 7 years now, i even introduce myself as that name when im around them and new ppl as it helps avoid confusion) they are both polite, caring, friendly and can have a laugh with the people around me,1 is just more confident than the other really.

(and yes i am aware i probably sound like a crazy person,lol)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel_1991)
    That I am Batman.....
    Batman would never be so open about his identity, you're clearly a fraud. :cool:
    • 92 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlduffy)
    Don't worry, I get exactly the same thing. I have no idea what makes me different, but apparently it's enough to get abuse on the street.
    :console: Don't worry, I'm sure it's more them with the problem than you. Well, that's what I like to tell myself anyway.

Funny, I'd noticed you on Last.fm quite a bit in the time I've been on there, but never really realised or remembered that you also had a TSR account . I dunno if I've mentioned before, but you have a pretty awesome music taste :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly autistic, I don't think the way the vast majority of people do. Most people make no sense to me whatsoever and I've never been any good at "putting on a front" or "blending in"
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I ruminate far too much, though having never read someone's mind, I have no idea what 'too much' is. It's just that there's so many thoughts going round my head that I'll never have a clear and focused mind

Apart from that, though, I have no idea. I've always been labelled as an 'oddball' and a 'freak' (as one charming girl put it in a loud whisper in Biology), but I've never been able to fully explain why people think these things. (I'd ask the girl but meh she's a bitch.) At the end of the day, everyone's different. I suppose I'm just not the right kind of 'different' for people in my Science class

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 1, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.