The Student Room Group

Rejected 2yrs: what to do now? HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Apply again but apply smarter. Your UKCAT and grades are fine, I would have applied to schools that rely more on that than PS - Manchester and Glasgow are ones I can think of from the top of my head.

Check the feedback on Track and if there isn't any there then email. You need to know where you went wrong in order to improve imo.

If this is what you want, you should keep trying!
Reply 21
Original post by funkymunkey123
I have been rejected two years running now for medicine; my school are of no use at all writing personal statement etc... I have AAAb in maths, chemistry, biology and physics (respectively). I don't want to apply again as I feel I have done as much as I can; in my gap year I and working and have got lots of long term volunteering and lots of work experience. I have no medical contacts so for all of this off my own back. I don't know what to do as I want to do medicine but don't want to go in via graduate entry as don't have the money to do that many yrs of study :frown: anyone in/been in same position or have any advice?!?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin: x

You've chosen very high risk universities both years, apply next year to more sensible universities - southampton and edinburgh don't even interview, and southampton is a complete lottery to be honest.

Maybe 1 BMAT, 2 UKCAT, one neither (if you have the GCSEs)
Reply 22
Original post by .eXe

But here's the kicker...Southampton bases offers 100% on PS and reference. They only use academics + scores to see if you meet cutoffs. The fact that Soton did not give you an offer both years leads me to believe that your PS is a major issue.

Good luck

If I'm not wrong soton's cut off this year is 2500 for ukcat. I got 2490. 10 points off. Does that mean my application will be 100% rejected? If so, how about if I applied for the 6 year course?
I know someone who go into Southampton on her 3rd application to Medicine. If it's what you want to do I'd apply again.
Just apply for something else?
Reply 25
Original post by SarahSN
If I'm not wrong soton's cut off this year is 2500 for ukcat. I got 2490. 10 points off. Does that mean my application will be 100% rejected? If so, how about if I applied for the 6 year course?

Hi, yes I'm afraid that missing the cutoff means that your application would not proceed to stage 2.

Here is the exact quote from their website:
"From 2013 entry, applicants to BM5 and BM4 programmes must score 2500 or above in the UKCAT exam in order for their application to be considered further."

Source: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/apply/UK_clinical_aptitude_test_%28UKCAT%29.page

Sorry :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by .eXe

Oh it's okay! It's not like it's your fault, so no need to apologise. Thanks for letting me know! :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by .eXe
Hi, yes I'm afraid that missing the cutoff means that your application would not proceed to stage 2.

Here is the exact quote from their website:
"From 2013 entry, applicants to BM5 and BM4 programmes must score 2500 or above in the UKCAT exam in order for their application to be considered further."

Source: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/apply/UK_clinical_aptitude_test_%28UKCAT%29.page

Could I help me out one more time and look at this question I've asked?
I'd be very grateful if you did! Link is below :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2145370&p=39838262#post39838262

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending