The Student Room Group

Risk with reapplying

I'm sorry if this has been raised before, but there seems to be a lot of rumours going around without much substance on the subject of the whether a university will still consider your application impartially if you have rejected them the preceding year.
I am wondering because I currently have offers from Durham and Bristol, which are both great uni's, but I quite fancy a gap year now and they don't let you defer.
If I were to turn them down, would they disregard my application even if it had great grades because of this fact?

Cheers.
Best thing to do would be to phone them up and ask them personally about your position to see what they recommend.
Reply 2
I was wondering the same thing, I hope they dont.. :-s
Reply 3
I was thinking this too. As I also am in a similar situation.
Reply 4
bump (I truly apologise)
Pretty sure Durham do let you defer although you have to meet the entry requirements of the year youll be entering, for example if the current entry requirements are AAA and you receive an offer, choose to defer until next year and the entry requirements are increased to A*AA you will have to get A*AA. Im not sure if thats for certain departments or the whole university though, have you rang them and asked about deferring?

Quick Reply

Latest