Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Will UKIP become a "big" party?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Will UKIP become a big party
    yes
    39.47%
    no
    60.53%

• 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Lets not forget there was a time when the SNP and Labour were small parties.
    That was before massive social upheaval in this country, and that is what it would take for UKIP to get votes on the national level.

That or some sort of crisis with the EU, and Eurosceptic tory MP's defecting to UKIP. Thus bringing in a new reign of terror by Labour.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The UKIP have a good chance in becoming the thrid most popular party due to public opinion of the Lib Dems and Nick Clegg being at a low.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I sure hope so.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    UKIP can't become a big party in the sense that FPTP ****s up any possibility of UKIP winning seats. But i do think that the UKIP vote will keep getting higher and higher and so the Tories will find it more difficult to win majority's in parliament. This i think will force a future Tory Govt. into calling for an EU referendum, otherwise Labour will start to find elections very easy to win.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, our younger generation is to frustrated with it either being one or the other.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it will never become big.

becuse the big ones already down my pants.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    I expect UKIP will profit immensely from Cameron's traitorous decision to quash a referendum on the EU, my prediction is that they'll come first in the 2014 European Parliament election and continue to snap at the heels of the big 3 during all the by-elections and local elections between now and the next general election.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not under the FPTP system.

This is why I am baffled at how the general public complain about the main 3 parties, yet when given the chance to allow new parties into government (via AV) there was an almost unanimous no.

The general population are fickle.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit I am being pushed towards UKIP.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would say it is unlkely but with the recent suggestions coming out of the Tory Party, In would hope the more libertarian Tories will considor moving parties.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/5141

First time ever that UKIP have caught up with Lib Dems in a poll!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thought I would bump since this is all becoming rather relvant the last few days
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    They could quite easily become a "big" party.

I think personally what they should instead do is to concentrate on a regional area rather than be a nationwide party. That way it could concentrate its resources and stay focused in winning a few winnable seats rather than spreading itself thin and just being merely a party that removes votes from the Conservatives.

One thing for sure, they would definitely need to rebrand and reinvent themselves to be more than just a single issue party that it is now perceived to be.

I must say after living, working and doing business in Switzerland I think the UKIP is exactly that UK needs.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 27, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.