Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are your top 5 young players in the league and are tipped for a bright future?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alex OC
    Raheem Sterling
    Martin Kelly
    Ryo Myiachi(if thats how you spell it)
    Junior Hoillet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sue if he is still too young, but Raheem Sterling has looked exceptional at every level has played at so far. His cameo against Wigan was impressive too, can't wait for him to get more minutes and see fully how much promise he has.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere
    Chamberlain
    Junior Hoilett
    Szczęsny
    Keiran Gibbs
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Miyaichi

The young Sunderland winger, forgot his name..

Lee Chung Yong( Bolton) only 23, out with a long term injury atm but was amazing last season, will make a big move one day, me thinks.

Alex Ox C.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    also Romeu will make it big, i reckon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the look of:
    Raheem Sterling
    Josh McEachran
    Ross Barkley
    Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
    and even Junior Hoilett for England

Seems like we are producing some more technical players at the moment. Could have some exciting attacking options in a few years.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to Wilshere's return, just hope getting injured so early in his career dosen't lead him to have a Michael Owen situation.

Gareth Bale has to be the best young PL player, hes still only 22 and is one of the best players in the league.

Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Kyle Walker
    Sturridge
    Have all been impressive.
    I'd like to see Sturridge at somewhere like Arsenal as Wenger would know how to get the best out of him. The organisation at Chelsea has been a bit shambolic as of late and he's been under pressure as no one else at the club has been scoring.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    The best young player in the premier league is Alex Oxlade Chamberlain.
    The other 4 are:
    Phil Jones
    Jack Wilshere
    De Gea
    Tim Krul

Barcelona's top 5 prospects are:
    Thiago Alcantara
    Tello
    Montoyo
    Isaac Quenca
    Jonathon Dos Santos/fontas

I think barca's top 5 prospects are better than the whole epl's top 5 prospects.
    sanchez?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary Barlow)
    Looking forward to Wilshere's return, just hope getting injured so early in his career dosen't lead him to have a Michael Owen situation.
    That's the concern really.

He's had three stress fractures in the same ankle/heel so far in his career (one at 15/16, then the one last summer about a cm away from the first, then a subsequent hairline fracture in Dec/Jan.

He's had surgery though so hopefully that'll help to sort it out. He did play a heck of a lot of games last season, and at a high intensity too.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akinfenwa)
    Overlooking the fact that Arsenals defence is one of the most awful in the league.

I hate arsenal, but Wilshere and Szczęsny will become fantastic players.
    lol, one of the worst defences in the league?

do you watch much football apart from the top 4?
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hockeyjoe)
    sanchez?
    Sanchez is not a prospect, he is already one of the best forwards in the world.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You never specified which league...

Jordan Rhodes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My top 5 :

Flanagan
    Martin Kelly
    Seb Coates
    Jordan Henderson
    Andy Carroll

Out of all them... Coates.. probably might not cut it and Carroll might take longer than expected.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    McClean is one of the most one dimensional players I've ever seen. Seems like a total plank as well. Lukaku is much more of a prospect.
    The One who can hardly even get on the Chelsea bench?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that doesn't mention Phil Jones or Chris Smalling is crazy. Those Two can, and will be, England's CB's for a long, long while to come.

Likewise for Wilshere, Welbeck and Sturridge.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afootballmug)
    My top 5 :

Flanagan
    Martin Kelly
    Seb Coates
    Jordan Henderson
    Andy Carroll

Out of all them... Coates.. probably might not cut it and Carroll might take longer than expected.
    You're taking the piss, right?

*Just noticed your name, 'Afootballmug'. How fitting.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wilshere
    Kyle Walker
    Oxlade Chamberlain
    Tom Cleverley
    John Guidetti
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akinfenwa)
    Seen him in half a dozen games, not cut out for the prem too weak.
    Half a dozen?

Oh DAM, you must clearly be such an expert

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    The best young player in the premier league is Alex Oxlade Chamberlain.
    The other 4 are:
    Phil Jones
    Jack Wilshere
    De Gea
    Tim Krul

Barcelona's top 5 prospects are:
    Thiago Alcantara
    Tello
    Montoyo
    Isaac Quenca
    Jonathon Dos Santos/fontas

I think barca's top 5 prospects are better than the whole epl's top 5 prospects.
    Definitely not the best prospects at the club tbh, Sergi roberto, Rafinha (thiagos brother), Samper, Dongou, Grimaldo are probably the 5 biggest prospects. Thiago I already consider to be in the first team, Tello is definitely a hot prospect too. Montoya is a beast but I can see him wanting to leave to get first team football at some point I hope he stays thugh as he ould definitely be the first choice right back for a long time after alves. Dont really see Dos santos or Fontas having much of a future at the club, Dos santos is just less talented than the likes of thiago whilst being older as well. Muniesa and Bartra are the 2 young CB's that may make it, the only reason fontas is in the first team is age, really.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbradkennedyxx)
    Definitely not the best prospects at the club tbh, Sergi roberto, Rafinha (thiagos brother), Samper, Dongou, Grimaldo are probably the 5 biggest prospects. Thiago I already consider to be in the first team, Tello is definitely a hot prospect too. Montoya is a beast but I can see him wanting to leave to get first team football at some point I hope he stays thugh as he ould definitely be the first choice right back for a long time after alves. Dont really see Dos santos or Fontas having much of a future at the club, Dos santos is just less talented than the likes of thiago whilst being older as well. Muniesa and Bartra are the 2 young CB's that may make it, the only reason fontas is in the first team is age, really.
    Thanks for reminding me i forgot about Rafinha.

I also know that both dos santos and fontas aren't much good but i had to select 5 prospects, and i forgot about rafinha. I will edit my post.

I consider Thiago to be the best young mid-fielder in the world, i rate him much higher then wilshere and cleverly.

Tello and Cuenca have taken this season by storm and both can be great players in the future. Their rise has had negative effects on Pedro's career.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.