The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

studying at Sutton Bonington but living at St Peters Court?

heloooooooooooooooooooo there :smile: il b studying dietetics in september 2012 at nottingham, which is mainly based at the SB campus, but for first years they only provide halls that are catered for on campus which i didnt want, and i was thinking about applying for accomodation at st peters court, but just wanted to know how long the travel would be from st peters court to SB using hopper buses? and if maybe the travel will get in the way of enjoying the most of uni life/ studying?
i dont mind traveling up to an hour because i live in london at the moment so travel about an hour to get to uni at the moment
thanks!
ash xx

cant wait for septemeber :biggrin: !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ash :)
heloooooooooooooooooooo there :smile: il b studying dietetics in september 2012 at nottingham, which is mainly based at the SB campus, but for first years they only provide halls that are catered for on campus which i didnt want, and i was thinking about applying for accomodation at st peters court, but just wanted to know how long the travel would be from st peters court to SB using hopper buses? and if maybe the travel will get in the way of enjoying the most of uni life/ studying?
i dont mind traveling up to an hour because i live in london at the moment so travel about an hour to get to uni at the moment
thanks!
ash xx

cant wait for septemeber :biggrin: !

I lived at SPC last year but my lectures were based on Uni Park. It would be quite a journey for you as you have to take the spc bus (free) to uni park which takes a good 10/15mins, and then get on the hopper to SB which will take around 45 mins (i think) so altogether your looking at an hour minimum.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
mmm wel i heard that the hopper bus to SB only took 25mins? .... i mean i can always cycle to the hopper bus site at UP anyway :smile: but as far as i knew the SB hopper was only 25mins so that shud make the journey to like under an hour? wich is fine i supose :smile:
do you kno wot times the buses from SPC run from and up til? and the SB hopper buses too?
Reply 3
Just found your thread, I got an offer for dietetics at Nottingham and putting it as my first choice too :biggrin: (when it comes through UCAS x))
Reply 4
Woooooooo well done hun! finally someone to celebrate with :biggrin: someone else i know got an offer too but ucas didnt update her track til 3weeks later she said :/ mines about two weeks now but iv emailed the admission tutor just to b safe :tongue:
Well done again :smile: x
Reply 5
Woooooooo well done hun! finally someone to celebrate with :biggrin: someone else i know got an offer too but ucas didnt update her track til 3weeks later she said :/ mines about two weeks now but iv emailed the admission tutor just to b safe :tongue:
Well done again :smile: x

Sorry for ridiculously late reply, aha YAY :biggrin: I have now put it as my firm choice about 2 weeks ago, it took an AGE to come through on UCAS x) Well done to you too! :biggrin: Now to get the grades! 8) Have you applied for accomodation etc? When was your interview by the way? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by bagelbe
Sorry for ridiculously late reply, aha YAY :biggrin: I have now put it as my firm choice about 2 weeks ago, it took an AGE to come through on UCAS x) Well done to you too! :biggrin: Now to get the grades! 8) Have you applied for accomodation etc? When was your interview by the way? :smile:

Lol s'all good :smile: yup iv applied for accomodation on Sb after all :P because i know what im like (too lazy to take a bus down from UP every morning) :P i think my interview was on the 29th feb? cant remember :/
And OMG i cnt wait :biggrin: x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Lol s'all good :smile: yup iv applied for accomodation on Sb after all :P because i know what im like (too lazy to take a bus down from UP every morning) :P i think my interview was on the 29th feb? cant remember :/
And OMG i cnt wait :biggrin: x

Aha nice! I applied for SB accomodation too, otherwise you would have to get up a lot earlier for lectures etc. x) Ah nice! Mine was on the 7th March :smile: Saaaame! I have looked through all the brochures I have waaay to many times and got slightly too excited x) What board are you on for bio by the way? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by bagelbe
Aha nice! I applied for SB accomodation too, otherwise you would have to get up a lot earlier for lectures etc. x) Ah nice! Mine was on the 7th March :smile: Saaaame! I have looked through all the brochures I have waaay to many times and got slightly too excited x) What board are you on for bio by the way? :smile:

Yaayyy :smile: mmm im alredy at uni hun but i did aqa biology about 3years ago now :smile:
Reply 9
Yaayyy :smile: mmm im alredy at uni hun but i did aqa biology about 3years ago now :smile:

Oh right! My bad x) what are you studying at the moment? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by bagelbe
Oh right! My bad x) what are you studying at the moment? :smile:

Childrens nursing at KCL but there is definately not enough science involved for my liking cos im way too much of a geek like that :tongue: to b honest when i applied firsttime around i had done like no research on what i wanted to actualy do at uni...our school was kinda crap for helping u out so i applied for physiology, nursing and neuroscience back then (all at KCL) and i got offers for all of them but i love working with ppl so thought nursing wud b the best option...turns out i miss my science too :P
Reply 11
Childrens nursing at KCL but there is definately not enough science involved for my liking cos im way too much of a geek like that :tongue: to b honest when i applied firsttime around i had done like no research on what i wanted to actualy do at uni...our school was kinda crap for helping u out so i applied for physiology, nursing and neuroscience back then (all at KCL) and i got offers for all of them but i love working with ppl so thought nursing wud b the best option...turns out i miss my science too :P

Ah KCL, nice! Aha yes, science is pretty darn awesome 8) That's quite a jump from nursing to dietetics though, why the jump? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by bagelbe
Ah KCL, nice! Aha yes, science is pretty darn awesome 8) That's quite a jump from nursing to dietetics though, why the jump? :smile:

well doing the whole student nurse thing opened up my eyes in working alongside dietetians/physios/surgeons so gave me a real insight of what i felt like i was missing out on really (no disrespect to any nurses, i think they do an AMAZING job but im just a total science and food lover) so i got alot of experience from working with the dietetians in clinics, hospitals and out in the community and really felt like this is what i was born to do! :smile: sounds cheesy but gota be said :P
Reply 13
well doing the whole student nurse thing opened up my eyes in working alongside dietetians/physios/surgeons so gave me a real insight of what i felt like i was missing out on really (no disrespect to any nurses, i think they do an AMAZING job but im just a total science and food lover) so i got alot of experience from working with the dietetians in clinics, hospitals and out in the community and really felt like this is what i was born to do! :smile: sounds cheesy but gota be said :P

Ah nice! Sounds pretty good then! :smile: Yeah I know what you mean, when I did work experience in clinics, I was thinking how I could totally see myself being a dietitian x) Have you got an unconditional offer then? Or do you have to get a certain grade on your current course?
Reply 14
Original post by bagelbe
Ah nice! Sounds pretty good then! :smile: Yeah I know what you mean, when I did work experience in clinics, I was thinking how I could totally see myself being a dietitian x) Have you got an unconditional offer then? Or do you have to get a certain grade on your current course?

unconditional offer :smile: wot room type did u put urself down for at SB? i really wana kno who il b living with too! wont find out til we actualy move in!
Reply 15
unconditional offer :smile: wot room type did u put urself down for at SB? i really wana kno who il b living with too! wont find out til we actualy move in!

Ah! Nice! I have to work really hard to meet my offer x) I put myself down for standard en suite via Opal :smile: You? Aha I know right! Sooo excited!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Well the very best of luck hun :smile: ! Yup got myself a standard ensuite too xD means il hav like no money for food so probably hav to just stuff my face when it comes to the daily evening meal :P lol xx
Reply 17
Well the very best of luck hun :smile: ! Yup got myself a standard ensuite too xD means il hav like no money for food so probably hav to just stuff my face when it comes to the daily evening meal :P lol xx

Thanks m'dear! :smile: Aha same! Maybe a few of us will have to club together and cook meals or something? x) Either that, or I'll have to go to Tesco's at 7 or something when everything's reduced x)
Reply 18
Original post by bagelbe
Thanks m'dear! :smile: Aha same! Maybe a few of us will have to club together and cook meals or something? x) Either that, or I'll have to go to Tesco's at 7 or something when everything's reduced x)

Lol being a student alredy i know what it feels like to b on the tightest budget ever D: and i live at home atm ! but thats cos prices to travel in london is ridiculous :| lol budget or no budget its gona b awesome :biggrin:
Reply 19
Lol being a student alredy i know what it feels like to b on the tightest budget ever D: and i live at home atm ! but thats cos prices to travel in london is ridiculous :| lol budget or no budget its gona b awesome :biggrin:

Aha I bet you're loving life! x) Yeah I know! Last time I checked I think it was bout £100 or something? But that might have been a while ago... aha I know right! It will be amaazing! And with our dietetic skills, we'll cook nutritionally sound food! 8)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending