The Student Room Group

Where do people stand on the 'Thigh gap' situation?

Scroll to see replies

Meh, I've always had one but I've never really thought about it. I guess it depends where you store fat and how wide your hips are etc. Definitely don't think it's something to aim for though, if you lose weight and happen to develop one it might be a bonus, but some girls who have a thigh gap just look unhealthy.
Original post by McHumpy92
I didn't realise a thigh gap had to go right up to your kunt bone. I haven't got a thigh gap.

Only realised this once I googled pics and saw a proper thigh gap, plus I was wearing boxers and had to get naked to check.

great thread contribution (no sarcasm)
Reply 42
Original post by Sophie_girl
great thread contribution (no sarcasm)

Will we be able to reproduce still, now you know I am carrying the recessive no thigh gap gene?
Original post by Lumos
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd have to put on about 10lbs for my thighs to touch and I'm not underweight by any means. maybe it's because the bulk of my body fat is on my bum/stomach/arms, not my thighs? either way, when I stand with my feet together there's usually a 2cm gap between my thighs at the narrowest part.

I'm the same. I think it does have a lot to do with shape, but obviously slight people are far more likely to have them than bigger people. For some people it's unimaginable to have so and for others it's vice versa. :biggrin:
I used to have a thigh gap when I was a skinny, unhealthy weight!
Now I have put on weight and continuously sit down, I haven't got a thigh gap and my thighs probably rub together but I don't care. I'm a healthy weight and could tone up any time!
I've always had a thigh gap, I'm not stick thin but I have wide hips.

What a bizarre thing to ask people though, I have this friend who used to always ask people if she had one bigger eye/wonky eyebrow etc. and really go on about it. Amusing, but mental.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
I have slight bowed legs too... but not extremely so.
My thighs do have a gap, but its not a huge one. Maybe 2 inch's or so?
(edited 12 years ago)
I have a thigh gap and I'm quite self conscious of it :frown:
Original post by McHumpy92
Will we be able to reproduce still, now you know I am carrying the recessive no thigh gap gene?

it's a dealbreaker i'm afraid...
Original post by Historophilia
I totally just stood up now and stared at my crotch to see if I have a thigh gap... :tongue:

I've got one, a small one and I'm a size 10, but not a skinny one. I'm apparently a a good weight for my height (according to my doctor) and could probably be a size 8 if I cut down on biscuits but I like food too much and I don't need to so why bother, but I imagine if I did lose weight I'd have a wider one.

I think the kind of really wide thigh gap that you see on models actually looks weird, like they have some kid of hip deformity or something! It makes them look a bit like a cow boy when they walk!

Hahaha this comment made me stand up and look at my crotch - dammit lol!
I actually have the eensiest gap but I'm only seeing this when I'm standing up straight (oh yeah and I'm at that 'big' side of 10 as well :P)!
Far too lazy for getting any extra gaps! Biscuits and sitting at the computer excessively is far more appealing haha!
Original post by EffieFlowers
I have a thigh gap and I'm quite self conscious of it :frown:

Don't feel self conscious about it :O again, it's bone structure and your body type!
Original post by Steezy
I won't even entertain the thought of taking out a girl without a thigh gap.

Absolute must.

I totally agree with you, although I believe you're being far too lenient with the monsters. Looking at a girl without a thigh gap, let alone talking to one, is something I wouldn't consider doing even if you paid me. My burly friend Jeff, who fled Sao Paulo in the baggage compartment of a Boeing 747 after his father incurred the wrath of some local cartels, and subsequently escaped from Gatwick airport using only a navy blue British Airways Travel Blanket and a 7 year old child's terrible drawing of a plane, stops me from ever having to experience the incredible disgust that we all inevitably experience when witnessing a girl without a thigh gap. He stands with his back to mine while I stare fixatedly into the corner of the room, and keeps an eye out for girls with a thigh gap. If he happens to see one, he taps me three times on the shoulder and takes a picture of them on his iPhone. He then emails said picture to me, and if the dimensions of the thigh gap in question are visually appealing he'll beckon to them. All the girls around here know who I am, and they know exactly what it means when Jeff beckons to them. They'll scurry over as fast as their gapped twigs can carry them, with a look of pure unadulterated ecstasy shining from their faces, at which point, providing it's a Wednesday, I may choose to indulge them in conversation.

God, I can't stand girls without thigh gaps.
Looks good, and most girls don't have it because they are chubby/fat and have never exercised.
Original post by Einheri
You could just shoot them with an arrow. :biggrin:

I was gunna but then I took an arrow to the knee. Tragic series of ironic events
Original post by SuperheroSam
I was gunna but then I took an arrow to the knee. Tragic series of ironic events

HAHAHAHA! That was a good one, you're a funny man!

Spoiler

Original post by Jimbo1234
Looks good, and most girls don't have it because they are chubby/fat and have never exercised.

Not true. I'm 10st 10lbs at 5ft 10 (giving me a BMI of around 21.5) exercise 4 times a week (doing cardio and lifting heavy weight). My body fat is around 20% and I don't have a thigh gap simply because I don't have naturally wide hips.

Lots of female athletes e.t.c don't have it either.

Think before you post next time
....of all the things someone could give a **** about........ that said skinny legs are a big no no
Original post by Roger Mexico
HAHAHAHA! That was a good one, you're a funny man!

Spoiler

:rofl:
Reply 58
Dat gap
Original post by Chrisateen
Not true. I'm 10st 10lbs at 5ft 10 (giving me a BMI of around 21.5) exercise 4 times a week (doing cardio and lifting heavy weight). My body fat is around 20% and I don't have a thigh gap simply because I don't have naturally wide hips.

Lots of female athletes e.t.c don't have it either.

Think before you post next time

:rofl:
Or
now brace yourself for this...
....you are fairly heavy with a high body fat %. The fact that you quote your bmi reinforces your lack of knowledge when it comes to fitness.
Many female athletes won't have it because of muscle. The fact that you compare yourself to them with a body fat % of 20% is just laughable.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest