The Student Room Group

Where do people stand on the 'Thigh gap' situation?

Scroll to see replies

Looks disgusting and child-like. Women have to be just that little bit rounder in my opinion. :sogood: It's just not the same with thighs that don't touch... :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Kind of old, but someone repped me so I look at this thread again. Most of the pictures people are posting are of "crannock's" not thigh gaps.

The thigh gap, from what I can see is simply a girl standing with her feet together and he thighs not touching i.e.

That is only going to happen by a girl being stupidly skinny.

The crannock, is the little gap at the top near the va jay jay

Which isn't the same, but is probably a by product of it.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Kind of old, but someone repped me so I look at this thread again. Most of the pictures people are posting are of "crannock's" not thigh gaps.

The thigh gap, from what I can see is simply a girl standing with her feet together and he thighs not touching i.e.

That is only going to happen by a girl being stupidly skinny.

That is such an extreme example though... I have a thigh gap and my legs are far less skinny than that!
Reply 103
Other than on the internet, I've never met someone who cares about this. Sure people like having slim legs, but having slim legs doesn't always equal thigh gaps.

I'm a uk size 4 and I only have a small thigh gap but I think that's because I have narrow hips. I think thigh gaps are more obtainable for girls with wider hips. Anyway I think girls look nice with slim thighs, regardless of whether or not they have a gap.
Reply 104
Original post by Xarren
Thigh gaps? I would have never thought to look at the gap in a girl's thighs before.. I hate you lot, now whenever I see a hot girl, first thing I'm gonna look at is whether she has thigh gaps :P

I wouldn't. She may think you are looking somewhere else
Ahaha, I have a thigh clap not a gap. Can't believe this is even an issue outside of Tumblr "thinspiration" blogs! I'm a healthy weight pear shape so no such luck, I don't remember a day in my life when my thighs didn't touch...I'm more likely to have friction burn than a gap. Most of the instagram'd pictures I see of people with them look a bit emaciated tbh.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 106
This thread has made me feel so much better <3

I do have a thigh gap but i'm just over the borderline of underweight... when I was severely underweight the gap was pretty much the same size as my actual legs.

Now i'd much rather look like an actual woman than a 9 year old girl. Bring on the healthy curves! I like having a little gap just because it's what i'm used to but for 90% of girls it's such a stupid thing to aim for.
It looks weird on some and fine on others, however It seems more common not to have a thigh gap than it does to have one. Just be happy with the way you are, not everyone is a size 0 supermodel despite what the magazines say.
Reply 108
Original post by im so academic
Thigh gaps are sexier. It's easier for men to do their business if a girl has a thigh gap, enhancing his sexual experience.

how on earth do you think that sex works?
Reply 109
An amazing thigh gap female

I used to have a thigh gap, at the time it was what I was aiming for when I was losing weight. Looking back, I was ridiculously skinny and it must have looked awful...
Makes a woman look like a malnourished child. Or at least, a lot of those sporting thigh gaps do.
Reply 112
Wait what? This is a thing? seriously ladies...
Original post by RawJoh1
Need pics. If you're in shape but your thighs touch, it looks decent.

Here's IFBB women's physique pro Karina Nascimento. OMG her thighs touch. Doesn't stop her looking amazing:

That's horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never knew there was any such thing as a thigh gap and even now I don't care one bit.
Reply 115
To answer your question, I am firmly in the "THIGH GAP FTW <3" camp.
Reply 116
Meh. If a girl is naturally skinny and in her late teens then yeah a thigh gap looks good. But otherwise on a girl who is clearly starving herself to attain that gap it looks horrible, like something out of Auschwitz. Then again I am the type of guy who is inclined towards big booties.
Reply 117
mmmm nothing like licking a girl's friction burns.
i'd like a tiny gap at the top of my thighs but not all the way down to my knees, that's weird but i don't have either and i cant be bothered fussing over these things when i have things like a high pulse rate to be working on :P
I seem to have developed a gap over the past few weeks... Im generally a size 8, sometimes a 6, but I'm really short. I've been paranoid because I didn't know the gap existed until I got one, but I don't like it because my knees touch and my legs look a weird shape. I wore a skirt the other day and felt so paranoid, I don't look very thin, I just have a weird gap all down my leg until it gets to my thighs! >.<

Quick Reply

Latest