The Student Room Group

2013 Veterinary reapplicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What has everyone done for their UCAS?? Are you doing it through college or as an individual??
school i think :smile: i hope so anyway i have no idea what to do about my reference if ni dont there ment to know us academically :s
also how did your chester zoo interview go :smile: ???? what have you got planned for this year ?????? sorry if you have already sed this ive not been on this for a while :s takin a mini break from anything school related :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by amethyst<3
school i think :smile: i hope so anyway i have no idea what to do about my reference if ni dont there ment to know us academically :s

I think I might do my school but the person who write them for reapps is the careers woman who knows nothing about me :frown:

also how did your chester zoo interview go :smile: ???? what have you got planned for this year ?????? sorry if you have already sed this ive not been on this for a while :s takin a mini break from anything school related :smile:

It went really well, the woman said I would be most suited to the giraffes and stuff (which is the largest section in the zoo) due to lots of horse work expereince but she would get back to me in about a month or so cause they have to interview everyone else...I'm just hoping I get the grades so I don't have to go back to college so I can go :smile:
I've just got vets and kennels and farm planned for next year trying to organise lab or abbatoir stuff at the moment you??

The only break I'm really taking is work experience lol none of my friends wanted to go on holiday anywhere and were not even having a family holiday this year :'( youuuu??
Original post by beccac94
I think I might do my school but the person who write them for reapps is the careers woman who knows nothing about me :frown:

It went really well, the woman said I would be most suited to the giraffes and stuff (which is the largest section in the zoo) due to lots of horse work expereince but she would get back to me in about a month or so cause they have to interview everyone else...I'm just hoping I get the grades so I don't have to go back to college so I can go :smile:
I've just got vets and kennels and farm planned for next year trying to organise lab or abbatoir stuff at the moment you??

The only break I'm really taking is work experience lol none of my friends wanted to go on holiday anywhere and were not even having a family holiday this year :'( youuuu??

Still on my hol at the mo :smile: just got back from my family hol an got one with my freinds :smile: thats not good im kinda glad for the break i feel like i just want to stop an take a break not face more work :frown: tho i have organised all my notes on vet med from last year :smile: so far just confirmed that my three jobs are gunna let me continue an i have 6 weeks in australia yay but im waitin to see my grades befor emakin any further decicions which i realise puts me slightly behind all you proactive guys :tongue: slightly jelous that you have managed to keep it up for this long i practically colapsed after exams :s
Reply 85
Still on my hol at the mo :smile: just got back from my family hol an got one with my freinds :smile: thats not good im kinda glad for the break i feel like i just want to stop an take a break not face more work :frown: tho i have organised all my notes on vet med from last year :smile: so far just confirmed that my three jobs are gunna let me continue an i have 6 weeks in australia yay but im waitin to see my grades befor emakin any further decicions which i realise puts me slightly behind all you proactive guys :tongue: slightly jelous that you have managed to keep it up for this long i practically colapsed after exams :s

I really want to go on holiday but just don't have the money :'( I'm hoping if I don't have to go back to college then around mayish next year I'll be able to do some travelling or something :smile:

I wouldn't say I've the most proactive person I haven't really got anything planned after august so I'm slightly doomed when it comes to september
Reply 86
hiya,
just wondering how your all planning on writing your personal statements? are you going to write about your plans for your gap year or just what youve done so far?
Original post by beccac94

Do they reuse what they wrote for you in the year before? Who wrote it for you last time? At my school they asked all my teachers for feedback and my head of year amalgamated everything. If you are concerned speak to the careers woman and whoever know you best to ask them to write it. Stress you need a really good ref. for such a competitive course :wink:
does anyone no how ed consider re aps who were interview last year cos they were my first choice (are ) but they rejected me from interview so they obviously saw something they didnt like :s an they have said that they keep your last application and attach it to your new one if you re apply do you think i ( if i get my grades :s ) should consider re applyin back to them knowing they already have info on me which isnt good and it will be attached to my new application ???????
Reply 89
Original post by SilverstarDJ
Do they reuse what they wrote for you in the year before? Who wrote it for you last time? At my school they asked all my teachers for feedback and my head of year amalgamated everything. If you are concerned speak to the careers woman and whoever know you best to ask them to write it. Stress you need a really good ref. for such a competitive course :wink:

I don't think they reuse it and they said they asked all the teachers but tbh I highly doubt that they actually did. I have to go back to college now anyway so I'll get one of the teachers to write it instead of the careers woman.
Joining you guys here, fingers crossed we all get in next time round :biggrin:
Original post by hannah66
hiya,
just wondering how your all planning on writing your personal statements? are you going to write about your plans for your gap year or just what youve done so far?

I'm going to write about my plans and what I've done :smile: ..do we have to rewrite our statements or just add in all the extra stuff we've done?
Original post by Imlovingmyradio
I'm going to write about my plans and what I've done :smile: ..do we have to rewrite our statements or just add in all the extra stuff we've done?

I re wote mine otherwise i thought it would sound like ive done nothin in a year :s but i dont think you have too :smile:
Reply 93
Do you guys no if there are any unis that dont like it if you apply to them again ????

I think only Nottingham doesn't like it if you apply to them again if you got an interview with them!
Reply 94
Hi guys!

I hope its ok to join your thread! Its really nice to find some people in the same situation as me! :biggrin: I was starting to feel like I was the only one in the world that didn't get into uni this year!
How is everyone's personal statements going? I'm currently trying to re-write mine but its quite difficult to know what to change! Any suggestions?
Also are you guys referring to this next year as a gap year and do we need to mention in our personal statement that we didn't get in last year?
Original post by ecspratt1
Hi guys!

I hope its ok to join your thread! Its really nice to find some people in the same situation as me! :biggrin: I was starting to feel like I was the only one in the world that didn't get into uni this year!
How is everyone's personal statements going? I'm currently trying to re-write mine but its quite difficult to know what to change! Any suggestions?
Also are you guys referring to this next year as a gap year and do we need to mention in our personal statement that we didn't get in last year?

I have :smile: ive written the two major things im goin this year and stuff ive done in the last year an why it makes me want to be a vet :smile: i found it hard to write too tho :smile: and i dont think so i think the fact that we have a grades tell them we are a reap :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 96
I have :smile: ive written the two major things im goin this year and stuff ive done in the last year an why it makes me want to be a vet :smile: i found it hard to write too tho :smile: and i dont think so i think the fact that we have a grades tell them we are a reap :smile:

Ok that sounds like a good idea!:smile: I think the hardest thing to answer is why I want to be a vet! My Liverpool feedback after my interview with them last year said I was weak on this bit but I don't know what else to say other than the usual things like I enjoy Science and working with both animals and people and I've really enjoyed the experiences I've had so far. :confused: Any suggestions?
Ok that sounds like a good idea!:smile: I think the hardest thing to answer is why I want to be a vet! My Liverpool feedback after my interview with them last year said I was weak on this bit but I don't know what else to say other than the usual things like I enjoy Science and working with both animals and people and I've really enjoyed the experiences I've had so far. :confused: Any suggestions?

I dont no if this is helpful but i always give an example of something that i have seen or has happened to me that made me think omg i want to be a vet then explain why :smile:

I think what you said must be a bit of a cliché and not very convincing to be honest! Vet Med is more than just science, animals and people - what else do you think it is all about? I only vaguely remember what I said. However, what I will say is that I linked being a vet to my own abilities, personality and attributes which would make the career itself a more viable option for me than other jobs. I also linked it to a scenario I saw which really ingrained my interest in such a career. There are hundreds of different responses and I'd suggest to make it personal. What does such a career really mean for you? On the outside, we all do it because we love animals no doubt, but you need to dig a little deeper into your own personal motivations :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
hay just wondering if you guys are plannin on looking for jobs or if your just gunna get loads more work experience ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending