Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Does anyone else feel scared if they see a chav?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just curious.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A chav, no. A group of chavs, perhaps.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    man up.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goape)
    A chav, no. A group of chavs, perhaps.
    This, depending whether they have hands down pants with knives...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    depends, if its late at night and there is a big group of them and i'm alone then yes, i would be scared.
    if its just me and them and its daylight and they don't look threatening then i'm fine
    guess, it depends on the situation, place and time.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really, when I was younger I was. Thing is I grew up in an area riddled with them and always used to get started on cos I was a bit of a mosher when I was younger lol. Now though, after getting to know most of them, I've realised you get up to the same stuff and you get on. A lot of them are actually really, really sound people so you can't judge them all.

Chavs are mostly all mouth, if one started getting aggressive then the best option is to react first.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This is sterotypical is someone said yes, I know many chavs, many are very polite, don't judge a book dude...
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benniboi1)
    Define chav.

Some people on TSR just seem to live in their own little bubble.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah, a threatening person doesn't have to be a chav, got a lot of chav mates, they're not aggressive people. Most of the aggressive people I know are actually part of the "alternative" crowd.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Thats a chav that would 'scare someone' in your mind?

Jesus, some people really dont have a clue on this site. I mean, surely the term 'violent' comes into your vocabulary at some point when thinking about a chav once you have specified being scared by them? not just people who dress a certain way...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man up.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Thats a chav that would 'scare someone' in your mind?

Jesus, some people really dont have a clue on this site. I mean, surely the term 'violent' comes into your vocabulary at some point when thinking about a chav once you have specified being scared by them? not just people who dress a certain way...
    Of course.

She does look aggressive though, like she's about to hit someone. And crikey, those tattoos / gold chains :eek:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

She does look aggressive though, like she's about to hit someone. And crikey, those tattoos / gold chains :eek:
    Ye.. how scary..

:facepalm2:

So tell me the point in this thread other than a way to put forward your ignorant view on 'chavs'?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    when it's just one on their own they're harmless.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If I'm walking down a quite road with a group of them heading towards me, then yeah. I think this is a pretty logical reaction, in all my experiences with these vermins, about 4/10 times have been confrontational one way or another, they just find something to start on you to try and impress the rest of their gang of fagbags. Its always petty and pathetic, I've seen it all: jump in front of you, shout out ''oi mate'', throw a bottle, throw a sweet wrapper, try and touch you and then giggle like a pack of schoolgirls .....
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Ye.. how scary..

:facepalm2:

So tell me the point in this thread other than a way to put forward your ignorant view on 'chavs'?
    Aww sweetie, have I hit a nerve?

I was just wondering whether people feel frightened by chavs to the extent I am (panic attacks, etc.), hence why I said "just curious" in my OP.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A pie would distract her long enough for me to make a decent getaway.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    A pie would distract her long enough for me to make a decent getaway.

:toofunny:

Or X celebrity is over there.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    chav on their own nahhh a large heard of them on a dark night makes one feel slightly intimidated :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd never go out otherwise. Besides, most people don't mean any harm.

EDIT: And half of my family lives in council housing, and they're all decent people, despite conforming to some of the stereotypes surrounding "chavs", so I don't really buy into all that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.