Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you morally agree with pre-marital sex?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Your verdict
    In favour
    82.92%
    Against
    19.10%

• 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in favour of safe, consentual sex.

As far as I'm concerned, marriage and sex are two completely separate things; there's no real connection between them. Have sex before marriage, after marriage, whatever - it's irrelevent. What IS relevent is that you have sex safely and conscienciously.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I'm in favour of safe, consentual sex.

As far as I'm concerned, marriage and sex are two completely separate things; there's no real connection between them. Have sex before marriage, after marriage, whatever - it's irrelevent. What IS relevent is that you have sex safely and conscienciously.
    Come on now, be reasonable. No risk, no fun. If this wasn't true, bungee jumping wouldn't be so popular.

I'm against (other people using) condoms because the country needs to increase its population base. Of course I have no intention of having children for 10 years or more (hypocrit.)

(edit: **** tsrs formatting.)
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Come on no
    w, no risk, no fun. If this wasn't true, bungee jumping wouldn't be so popular.
    Hah. I suppose
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm against (other people using) condoms because the country needs to increase its population base.
    What? Why do you think that?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    What? Why do you think that?
    people, ultimately, are the most critical strategic resource.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Haha the poll adds up to 105% Thats excellent
    Haha, yea WTF.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Come on now, be reasonable. No risk, no fun. If this wasn't true, bungee jumping wouldn't be so popular.

I'm against (other people using) condoms because the country needs to increase its population base. Of course I have no intention of having children for 10 years or more (hypocrit.)

(edit: **** tsrs formatting.)
    What? You are deluded.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, but people've been doing it for 1000s of years so I'm not shocked by it or anything.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't see the issue with an act taking place between 2 consenting adults, and especially don't see how not having a piece of paper (marriage certificate) makes it any worse.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    My view is that people should wait for marriage.
    My view is that you STFU and run off a cliff.

HELLO MODS!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erobinson15)
    Completely for it! however there are some people in the world that should be made infertile...
    Charming.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    My view is that people should wait for marriage.
    I can only guess by the red bars that you enjoy giving controversial viewpoints...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Obviously in favour...

There's no negative consequences. Plus, sex is a natural biological function... marriage isn't. Telling somebody not to have sex before marriage is like telling them not to have a bowel movement before 5pm.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious; I see no problem in it whatsoever as long as you're using protection.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    people should choose what they want and not judge others for what THEY choose to do.

personally for me, marriage is just a legal thing as well as showing eachother your comittment... doesn't mean anything sexually... so i would not be with someone who wanted to wait until marriage for sex.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScheduleII)
    You are wrong.
    Christianity will never be obsolete. FULL STOP.

I am a Christian and I agree with the OP. The proper context for sexual intercourse is within a committed lifelong relationship in which the man and woman have vowed fidelity to each other before God. The white dresses worn at marriage should mean something (ie purity)- I certainly hope my future wife hasn't cheated me out of that.

"Buy before you try"- if we are going to use purchasing metaphors anyway. Human beings are not for sale. Sexual incompatibility is extremely rare in the experience of Christian counselors; it hardly (if ever) happens that a couple cannot have a loving and fulfilling physical relationship once they are married.
    Like slavery you mean? Funny that well known Christians like Pat Robertson can abuse sourcers' labour in diamond mines with impunity. But, as the Bible condones slavery, I guess this should be expected.

Then again, you probably don't think anything of people having tattoos I guess. Always amuses me when Christians impose their beliefs on others without much criticism but if a Muslim advocated Sharia Law for civil matters, which the Jews already have, then the country explodes. This is just militant Christendom, as Baroness Warsi would put it. Well, it would be militant if it was atheism anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely in favour of it. And even from a religious point of view, the message that is at the core of most faiths is love! The rest is just human interpretation and manipulation!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Would you buy a car without a test drive?
    If the car had money, a good job and a house. Yeah.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    As long as its safe and consensual, who cares if someone is married or not?
    Also, I don't plan on getting married, so it isn't pre-marital sex for me...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the Hart Devlin debate in Law.

I agree with Hart when he said that morality should be left to the individual and that acts in private were not a threat to society.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.