Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you morally agree with pre-marital sex?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Your verdict
    In favour
    82.92%
    Against
    19.10%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    Yes, if anything you must absolutely compare the market and try before you buy.

Otherwise you risk being stuck in a relationship with someone sexually incompatible.
    You making it sound like it's a car and you need to test drive it before buying it. It's not nice objectifying the opposite sex tbh :hmpf:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalfever)
    If the car had money, a good job and a house. Yeah.
    typical
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm favour of people not being frowned upon for having sex before marriage, but I'm also in favour of people not being frowned upon if they decide to wait. Personally I think sex should only happen in a loving relationship but I appreciate some people don't really care about the romantic element to sex, and that's fine.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if anything you must absolutely compare the market and try before you buy.

Otherwise you risk being stuck in a relationship with someone sexually incompatible.
    (Original post by Belurved)
    You making it sound like it's a car and you need to test drive it before buying it. It's not nice objectifying the opposite sex tbh :hmpf:
    Typical woman introducing the 'objectifying' label.

I never specified gender in that post. Every person has the right (and usually the common sense) to test drive the woman (or man) before they get married, for numerous reasons, not limited to sex.

It is exactly like test driving a car.

She being brand new;and you know, consequently a little stiff, I was careful of her and (having thoroughly oiled the universal joint, tested my gas, felt of her radiator, made sure her springs were O.K.)

I went right to it, flooded the carburetor, cranked her up,slipped the clutch and then somehow got into reverse. She kicked. What the hell. Next minute I was back in neutral, tried and again slo-wly;bare,ly nudging my lever right, oh and her gears being in A1 shape, passed from low through second-in-to-high like greased lightning.

Just as we turned the corner of Divinity Avenue. I touched the accelerator and give her the juice, good, it was the first ride and believe I, we, was happy to see how nice she acted, right up to the last minute. Coming back down by the Public Gardens I slammed on the internal expanding & external contracting brakes, both at once and brought all of her trembling to a dead standstill.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    280 for, 56 against, 327 voters.

I'm not the only one who voted for both options then...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    280 for, 56 against, 327 voters.

I'm not the only one who voted for both options then...
    About 15% (of which I am proud to be one) voted against fornication. 15% were fully pro-life in the last big poll on that, and 25-30% support proper, man/woman only marriage.

Only 1 in 7 students is socially conservative if TSR is representative. Which explains why perversion is everywhere and politicians like Rick Santorum hardly ever get anywhere this side of the pond.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    And to the libertines and decadents who use words like "outdated", or the posher "anachronistic" to describe my morality:
    Sex before marriage was tolerated just about everywhere several THOUSAND years ago- you know, before civilisation advanced?
    Homosexuality and polygamy go back a long, long time.
    Over 2000 years ago the Greco-Roman proto-West practiced not only abortion, but also infanticide.

So the "progressive" anti-life, anti-family view I despise is actually a REGRESSION to what things were like before the civilising influence of the Church. A whole lot of years ago. Truly, there is nothing new under the sun.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with pre-marital sex unless its in a cohabitation relationship because sex is about settling down and confirming your love to each other and you shouldn't have sex until you have done this and then you are then ready for sex.Lots of Promiscuity occurs today where people have sex without commitment in a relationship or fort recreation and they abuse sex for their own sexual desires because sex was created for the mating process,which requires relationship building and reproduction sex,which normally can't be found in pre-marital sex couples because they could easily fall out and call off their relationship any time because they have no confirmation that they are in an official relationship and pre-marital sex couples often don't obey the true meaning of sex,proven by science and religion, which is reproduction because it is too risky because they might split up,leaving their child without a father or mother.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScheduleII)
    And to the libertines and decadents who use words like "outdated", or the posher "anachronistic" to describe my morality:
    Sex before marriage was tolerated just about everywhere several THOUSAND years ago- you know, before civilisation advanced?
    Homosexuality and polygamy go back a long, long time.
    Over 2000 years ago the Greco-Roman proto-West practiced not only abortion, but also infanticide.

So the "progressive" anti-life, anti-family view I despise is actually a REGRESSION to what things were like before the civilising influence of the Church. A whole lot of years ago. Truly, there is nothing new under the sun.
    lol. here are some things we'd be without if it wasn't for these two ancient civilisations.
    - Philosophy & Free Thought (i.e. the enemy of religion)
    - Physics
    - Engineering
    - A system of laws
    - Democratic ideology
    - A civil society
    - Proper roads
    - Manufacturing
    - Cartography
    - Calendar
    - Time-keeping

Just a few things off the top of my head. what has the Church given us, precisely...? apart from serfdom, crusades, the inquisition, etc?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I don't agree with pre-marital sex unless its in a cohabitation relationship because sex is about settling down and confirming your love to each other and you shouldn't have sex until you have done this and then you are then ready for sex.Lots of Promiscuity occurs today where people have sex without commitment in a relationship or fort recreation and they abuse sex for their own sexual desires because sex was created for the mating process,which requires relationship building and reproduction sex,which normally can't be found in pre-marital sex couples because they could easily fall out and call off their relationship any time because they have no confirmation that they are in an official relationship and pre-marital sex couples often don't obey the true meaning of sex,proven by science and religion, which is reproduction because it is too risky because they might split up,leaving their child without a father or mother.
    How many babies are born in the UK per year and how many times do people have sex in the UK per year? we're not animals. we possess reason and thusly are capable of making judgments and decisions. one of those decisions is to have consentual and protected sex that doesn't result in single parents or unwanted children or anything like that. in this situation it's just sex. everyone benefits. even if people want to breed, I say let them; what's the problem with more people, anyway?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    How many marriages do you see where they don't have sex at all? It's a major part of most relationships & if your not sexually compatible (i.e men/women are comfortable with different things) then this isn't likely to change
    I'm not saying it's not important in a marriage don't get me wrong.

I just don't get what you mean by when you say "incompatible".

In what way? That's what I don't get.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    No, but that's because marriage has no point. If you're living in an exclusive relationship with such a commitment, then it's important to make sure you're on the same page in the boudoir, in terms of your libido, preferences in other styles besides conventional sex etc.
    To each their own opinion I guess.

I see marriage as being a relationship that is more stable if you know what I mean.

You put more thought into who you want to be with.

You don't plan a relationship for it to be temporary right? You want to make things work. So marriage is a way of sticking together more tightly even when things go bad. It's about making things work out, not saying that relationships outside of marriage are not the same, but just saying that it'd be easier to break off such relationships more easily wouldn't you agree?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My view is that I'm totally for sex before marriage. We are the only creatures on earth that waits to have sex before marriage so for me it seems silly to wait cause 'God' says we should wait. Its just a way to reproduce, there is nothing sacred about it really, and we're one of few creatures that have evolved to enjoy sex, so take advantage of that. I dont agree with sleeping with everyone you meet but if you in a relationship why should you wait? When you have sex the hormone oxytocin is released which creates the feeling of bonding and trust in humans, so really sex makes your relationship stronger. Its animal instinct, and we are no different from any other animals, we just have a different genes.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with it, but I won't bash anyone who wants to wait.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, waiting til you're married seems a bit risky...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Typical woman introducing the 'objectifying' label.

I never specified gender in that post. Every person has the right (and usually the common sense) to test drive the woman (or man) before they get married, for numerous reasons, not limited to sex.

It is exactly like test driving a car.

She being brand new;and you know, consequently a little stiff, I was careful of her and (having thoroughly oiled the universal joint, tested my gas, felt of her radiator, made sure her springs were O.K.)

I went right to it, flooded the carburetor, cranked her up,slipped the clutch and then somehow got into reverse. She kicked. What the hell. Next minute I was back in neutral, tried and again slo-wly;bare,ly nudging my lever right, oh and her gears being in A1 shape, passed from low through second-in-to-high like greased lightning.

Just as we turned the corner of Divinity Avenue. I touched the accelerator and give her the juice, good, it was the first ride and believe I, we, was happy to see how nice she acted, right up to the last minute. Coming back down by the Public Gardens I slammed on the internal expanding & external contracting brakes, both at once and brought all of her trembling to a dead standstill.
    Oh baby.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I don't think I morally agree with pre-marital sex... a more appropriate answer would be that I couldn't care less.
    Hey so couldnt leave a message on your profile? but I noticed from your avatar you must like programme Avatar. Just in case you didn't know, there is a spin off series called Legend of Korra (two episodes have been available for preview so if you search online you should find them). It officially starts mid April
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Life's too short to be worrying about things like sex before marriage. If you use protection, you're fine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not my body, not my choice. Others can do what they wish.

Personally, I just need to know that the person I'm with is trustworthy and all that. I don't need to be married but a committed and honest relationship is definitely a must.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    Hey so couldnt leave a message on your profile? but I noticed from your avatar you must like programme Avatar. Just in case you didn't know, there is a spin off series called Legend of Korra (two episodes have been available for preview so if you search online you should find them). It officially starts mid April
    Hey Luxray,

Must have turned it off - I shall turn it back on.

Yes I know of the Legend of Korra, and will be watching it!!! I cannot wait!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.