Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Food and Drink: All-Star ABSURDIN-DINS!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ** - I'm away to try that right now

I don't normally like Fried chocolate, but get a fried twix, melt cheese on top and dip it in bbq sauce - wow!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:

sandwich with peanut butter, bacon, fried onions?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    ** sounds really nice, I want to try that now.

Galaxy chocolate, melted onto a ham and pineapple pizza. I was curious. It was nice.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ham and pineapple pizza alone = NO.

Ham, pineapple and CHOCOLATE pizza? (****) RATING RIGHT THERE.

YOU CRAZY.

Our local chippy does battered chocolate bars, etc and offers a "Bring and Batter" for a fee, when you bring in whatever you want and they batter it for a pound. When it first started the novelty value was through the roof, and we tried pretty much everything deep fried in chippy batter.

As such I have tried a Double Decker, Mars Bar, and Creme Eggs amongst many things battered; but my most obtuse or bizarre choice may well be a Fresh Peach. It was foul.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:

Why you'd even think of peach, I don't know. James and the battered peach would have been a horror novel, definitely.

People seem to find it weird, but a toast sandwich is really nice. Bread, a slice of toast, another bit of bread.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

The toast sandwich featured on the BBC as the cheapest possible meal a few months ago, from a 19th-century cookery book. So it's got precedent!

When I ordered a chicken pizza in a restaurant a few months ago, I was expecting cheese and tomato to be there, as normal. I got my cheese OK, but instead of tomato... they added creme fraiche.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (**) - Creme Fraiche is nothing weird on a pizza, but commercially it's definitely usually a bitta mozza!

How about this: I have to - HAVE TO - put every single other item I have with my burger, ON my burger. Onion rings, nachos, chips... from dunker to dip, I have to have it with my beef!
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me that's a good ***, as I like to separate things. More components, separate things I get to attack, the better. All together, it goes too fast!

Today I topped my porridge with a crumbled weetabix.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    **, nothing too weird, but I've never heard of it being done before. It sounds like something that could catch on.

Nothing too weird for mine- a fry up and a thick chocolate milkshake for breakfast.

EDIT: I can see this thread causing everyone to try and eat weird stuff to earn *****. I'm going to check out my cupboards now!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    ** I cant imagine me having that for breakfast but i'd give it a go if there was nothing else :P

- Cheese, sprinkled with coffee granules and honey. (It sounds rather strange but it was actually one of Jamie olivers recipes!)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    * had that, it's ok, good with goats cheese.

pepperami dipped in strawberry jam and cream cheese?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ** Doesn't sound really bad, I love cream cheese with jam.

When I was a kid I loved dipping baguette pieces on custard.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    **, weird but I imagine it to be nice. I'm tempted to try it. Plus, bread and puddings go hand in hand traditionally!!

My mum is a salt FIEND. She has it on pretty much anything, as much as she can. Purely because I saw her do this one today, I'll say this example. Slice of toast, thick layer of butter and a fistful of cornish rock salt.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    * salt goes with anything, and I know people who salt up their buttered bread or toast.

A girl I knew in primary school apparently loved crumpets with butter and jam or peanut butter.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    * I don't get it... There's literally nothing weird about that? Is that uncommon?!

In an attempt to make my weetabix sweeter, I added some jelly babies to the milk, heated it up in the microwave and then added the weetabix to the mug. It wasn't actually that bad (though I wouldn't recommend it!)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    ** that's a little strange!

not me, but my friend eats marmite, peanut butter, pickle and ketchup sandwiches... *feels faint*
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (****) Marmite is demon's blood. Mixed with Ketchup? Gherkins? Peanut Butter? Are you sure this is a real thing?! Sounds like someone just ducked into the "most ridiculous ingredients" barrel and plucked out some top five contenders here. If legit, definitely a high four!

I have been known to eat cucumbers - whole cucumbers - like they were fruits (apples, bananas etc).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

I love cucumbers, so share this oddity with you!

I love mixing cucumber, pineapple and maybe some carrot/croutons together at the Harvester 'help yourself to salad' buffet
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Unusual choices, maybe, but it's still just mixing some salad items together...

I've eaten this a few times recently and didn't think it was odd until I got home and my sister started acting like I've gone crazy... plain rice with tinned soup poured over it.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renacata)

Unusual choices, maybe, but it's still just mixing some salad items together...

I've eaten this a few times recently and didn't think it was odd until I got home and my sister started acting like I've gone crazy... plain rice with tinned soup poured over it.
    ** Never done it, but I would. Just like a sauce for your rice I guess!!
    The flavour of soup interests me though.

And my Mum finds it weird that I cook a bowl of porridge, then I sometimes top it was raw porridge oats. I like the texture.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.