Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

What's the name of this course? Is there even a name for it?

Announcements Posted on
Will you get the grades you need for uni? Get prepared today and de-stress, sign up to email alerts for course places! 02-06-2015
Waiting on IB results? Our IB results hub explains everything you need to know 01-06-2015
  1. Offline

    There's this course at uni, which i know alot of them offer; it's the 1st year in england, 2nd year abroad and 3rd year back in england.

    has this course got a name? or have i just made up the fact that it has a name.
    specifically i'd like to do my year abroad in north america, and not too sure but i think i want to do it in something english-y.

    and also, how would i go about finding universities that offer this for my subject?
    thanks y'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall :-----)
  2. Offline

    A sandwich course I think it's called.
  3. Offline

    (Original post by Ham_Sandwich)
    A sandwich course I think it's called.
    Sandwich has a year in industry.

    OP: generally your course doesn't exist. You can do a 4 year course with a year abroad, but you'll struggle to find a 3 year version.
  4. Offline

    Some courses and Universities allow you to take one year out of the three abroad but it's an optional thing and you have to apply for it when you get there (and aren't guaranteed to be able to do it) as a separate thing, you don't apply for it in the first place.

    York allows you take your second year abroad, they certainly do for History, not 100% sure about English but it's likely and they do send people to America.
  5. Offline

    They're just normal courses with 'study abroad' options. You have to look on each uni's website or prospectus and see if studying abroad is available for you in your course.
  6. Offline

    They are just study abroad programmes. At Lancaster and (I am pretty sure) York study abroad for non-language subjects like history and geography, are 3 years. I don't know how it works for other universities but I presume for a lot of them it is simmilar.


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
TSR Support Team
New on TSR

It's IB results day tomorrow

Check out our IB results hub here & get prepared here


Think you'll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you're studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.