The Student Room Group

SCLY3 Beliefs in Society June 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Can someone just tell me straight up, what you think is going to come up for the-

9 mark:

18 mark:

33 mark:

It will really help,l seen as i have only started my actual revision today. I'm just going to revise what I 'think' is going to come up. :redface:
From what i've seen around forum, people have said:

18 mark:
=social variable- what's that?! :s-smilie:
=secularisation
=globalisation
=science

33mark:

=Religion and social change
=religion, renewal and choice (postmodernity)
=Religion and global context
=ideology and science
=marxism

So can anyone tell me whther they agree with this, or not, and what i should revise 'less' than the others.
And what you think is 'MOST LIKELY' to come up.

I'd appreciate, if anyone can answer this, thankyou :smile: :smile: :smile: xx
Reply 141
Could anyone help with ao2s for cage? I'm finding the ao2s really hard in general

Also how you write an essay on fundamentalism?

I'd appreciate the help :smile:
Reply 142
[QUOTE="DaHogz;38057405"]Can someone just tell me straight up, what you think is going to come up for the-

9 mark:

18 mark:

33 mark:

It will really help,l seen as i have only started my actual revision today. I'm just going to revise what I 'think' is going to come up. :redface:
From what i've seen around forum, people have said:

18 mark:
=social variable- what's that?! :s-smilie:
=secularisation
=globalisation
=science

33mark:

=Religion and social change
=religion, renewal and choice (postmodernity)
=Religion and global context
=ideology and science
=marxism

So can anyone tell me whther they agree with this, or not, and what i should revise 'less' than the others.
And what you think is 'MOST LIKELY' to come up.

I'd appreciate, if anyone can answer this, thankyou :smile: :smile: :smile: xx[/QUOTE

I'm actually in a similar position than you... I'm just goiń over functionalism Marxism and feminism as tey are key points I can put in any essay when evaluating... Also yeah some peeps are saying aecularisation, globalisation(fairly new topic so I advise you read over it although I still haven't touched it :0) ideology and science and finally postmodernist
Reply 143
Original post by Naf*

I'm actually in a similar position than you... I'm just goiń over functionalism Marxism and feminism as tey are key points I can put in any essay when evaluating... Also yeah some peeps are saying aecularisation, globalisation(fairly new topic so I advise you read over it although I still haven't touched it :0) ideology and science and finally postmodernist

Ahh thankyou. :smile:

Would you say, that Ideology and science would come up as a 33 mark question, or a 18mark question?
And what about the other topics, do you think they're going to be a 33marker or an 18marker.?

I need these answers asap, because i need to get cracking and revise. I'm thinkin of doing an all-nighter :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 144
How likely is postmodernism to come up, as January 2012 asked about 'NRMs and NAMs as a spiritual revolution'. Mostly topic 6, but also a good amount of pm too.
Reply 145
Original post by DaHogz

Would you say, that Ideology and science would come up as a 33 mark question, or a 18mark question?

I need these answers asap, because i need to get cracking and revise. I'm thinkin of doing an all-nighter :redface:

Oh don't know, I'd like to know too... Got so much p do in so little time!
Can someone tell me what Karl Marx means when he says 'Religion is the opium of the people' please? :smile:

Thanks
Reply 147
Original post by C3S
How likely is postmodernism to come up, as January 2012 asked about 'NRMs and NAMs as a spiritual revolution'. Mostly topic 6, but also a good amount of pm too.

So basically could postmodernity even come up ? Maybe a small question?
Reply 148
Original post by DaHogz

And what about the other topics, do you think they're going to be a 33marker or an 18marker.?

ive hardly revised either! but i dont think an all-nighter would be useful as you will be soo tired in the exam, and wont be able to think clearly.
Reply 149
Original post by eyre2
ive hardly revised either! but i dont think an all-nighter would be useful as you will be soo tired in the exam, and wont be able to think clearly.

I've done it before...as long as you sleep, and wake up at 4am it's okay :smile:

So what do you think globalisation is going to come under#? the 33marker question or the 18marker?
Reply 150
Original post by C3S

Thats trueeeee :eek:

I'm thinking of not revising NRM at all, as there is a very small chance of it coming up?
Reply 151
Original post by scaredofexams
Can someone tell me what Karl Marx means when he says 'Religion is the opium of the people' please? :smile:

Thanks

Religion is like a drug that lessons the pain of oppression and exploitation in unequal societies
Reply 152
Can someone give me the essay structure of

-33/18 marker for Marxism
-33/18marker for Postmodernity
-33/18marker for science and ideology

-33marker for social change

-18marker for secularisation
Reply 153
Original post by scaredofexams

Thanks

lol i was just reading this now. it means that religions prevents the working class from realising the true nature of their exploitation, instead they see everything as 'God's will', and accept things the way they are. it's like a drug in that it promises eternal life in heaven for those who accept and follow the beliefs of religion. : )

hope that helps x
Anyone learning anything about organisations e.g. church and sects and cults etc. or NRMs ??? Also what about the New Age?
Reply 155
Original post by eyre2
lol i was just reading this now. it means that religions prevents the working class from realising the true nature of their exploitation, instead they see everything as 'God's will', and accept things the way they are. it's like a drug in that it promises eternal life in heaven for those who accept and follow the beliefs of religion. : )

hope that helps x

i'm panicking..can u help me..with my above queries.. :redface:
Reply 156
Original post by Naf*
So basically could postmodernity even come up ? Maybe a small question?

Original post by DaHogz
Thats trueeeee :eek:

I'm thinking of not revising NRM at all, as there is a very small chance of it coming up?

I don't want to rule it out completely (certainly not as a shorter question), but 'spiritual revolution' couldn't be closer to to pm really, so I would doubt it being a 33 marker.
I have a horrible feeling that science is due (as a short or long question), so important to make sure you're on top of that. Fundamentalism also *could* come up, not really came up before. Social change also hasn't came up, and if we get that, things should go very well indeed!
Reply 157
Original post by DaHogz
I've done it before...as long as you sleep, and wake up at 4am it's okay :smile:

So what do you think globalisation is going to come under#? the 33marker question or the 18marker?

lol that's not all all-nighter then

erm i'm really not sure, maybe just learn it as though it's a 33 marker, so your safe either way.
Reply 158
Original post by C3S
I don't want to rule it out completely (certainly not as a shorter question), but 'spiritual revolution' couldn't be closer to to pm really, so I would doubt it being a 33 marker.
I have a horrible feeling that science is due (as a short or long question), so important to make sure you're on top of that. Fundamentalism also *could* come up, not really came up before. Social change also hasn't came up, and if we get that, things should go very well indeed!

Thankyou, you are the best. :hugs:

So basically what you're saying is, you think it is most 'liekly' to be.

33marker
-marxism
-science

18marker
-postmodernity

Another question is.,..what on earth is fundamentalism?
i'm seeing in my past papers it has only came up as a 9marker in june2011.
so you think it'll be an 18marker or a 33marker?
and what about social change,most likely 18marker or a 33marker?

i think socila change might be a 33marker, since in june 2011 it came as an 18marker..
plus with secularisation...it came up as an 18marker, u think it's gonna come up again..it seems to come all the time..
Thankyou xxxx:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by C3S

whats pm??:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending