Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Kanye West Thread

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This forum needs a thread to the most underrated rapper/musician out there. People just become sheep and believe everything the media tells them about Kanye some of if he brought on himself with the Taylor Swift thing but people don't even give his music a chance but call it **** anyway, Michael Jackson and ElviS were most likley paedophiles and don't get anywhere near the hate he does, Akon threw some kid off stage, Snoop Dogg used to be a pimp, Jay-Z a drug dealer etc... none of them get the hate he does I could go on.

Anyway back to his music his music is epic he has one of the best discography's in Hip-Hop each album has a different feel and all of them are critically aclaimed. If it wasn't for him the likes of Drake, Nicki Minaj, Kid Cudi i.e non gangstar rappers wouldn't exist.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kanye doesn't get the credit he deserves but he's definitely one of the best artist of this generation or atleast to me he is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What the **** are you talking about? How the hell is Kanye underrated? He has won 18 Grammy awards which alone shows he is far from underrated. He is a brilliant producer and gets all the credit he deserves, he's arrogant and people don't like him but who gives a ****. He deserves to be arrogant because he has talent to back him up, people who don't agree haven't given his music a chance. His first two albums **** on most rappers discography.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kanye's beats, musical ability etc >>>>>>>

Him as a rapper? lol, nah

**** this thread, tryna take the shine off mine, BARS.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Underrated? Lol. From Wikipedia;

His five solo albums, all of which have gone platinum, have received numerous awards and critical acclaim.[3] As of 2012, West has won a total of eighteen Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all time.[4] All albums have been very commercially successful, with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy becoming his fourth consecutive No.1 album in the U.S. upon release.[5] West has had 5 songs exceed 3 million in digital sales as of July 2011, with "Gold Digger" selling 3,086,000, "Stronger" selling 4,402,000, "Heartless" selling 3,742,000, "E.T." selling over 4,000,000 and "Love Lockdown" selling over 3,000,000[6][7] placing him third in overall digital sales of the past decade.[8][9] He has sold over 30 million digital songs in the United States making him one of the best selling digital artists of all time

Anyway I used to like him, prior autotune. There's no doubting he's a great producer, and WAS a good rapper.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    > If it wasn't for him the likes of Drake, Nicki Minaj, Kid Cudi i.e non gangstar rappers wouldn't exist.

**** you, Kanye!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThaChronic)
    What the **** are you talking about? How the hell is Kanye underrated? He has won 18 Grammy awards which alone shows he is far from underrated. He is a brilliant producer and gets all the credit he deserves, he's arrogant and people don't like him but who gives a ****. He deserves to be arrogant because he has talent to back him up, people who don't agree haven't given his music a chance. His first two albums **** on most rappers discography.
    in the hip hop community Kanye is very underrated as a rapper
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fake-patois)
    in the hip hop community Kanye is very underrated as a rapper
    He's not exactly a good rapper, he's okay.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think underrated is the wrong word. In the public eye, I'd say Kanye is more misunderstood. For every cynic that sees him in a magazine and calls him a prick, there's probably six or seven people who'll tell you that one of his records made a huge difference in their lives.

He has a huge global fan base, five platinum albums, and is one of the most talented producers in the game. Kanye gets a lot of love, and a lot of hate.

But I think some of the people who love Kanye get too hung up on the people that hate him. He's a controversial figure who's said some really dumb stuff. I guess to a certain extent you have to accept it's just Yeezy being Yeezy. Personally, it doesn't bother me; as long as I know how much his music can speak to me and how much I value his records, I'm not bothered about the negative attention (or lack of positive attention) he gets.

Oh and also OP, I wouldn't make a thread claiming how good Kanye is and then adding that you think he's the reason for Nicki Minaj's existence. She's terrible.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    I think underrated is the wrong word. In the public eye, I'd say Kanye is more misunderstood. For every cynic that sees him in a magazine and calls him a prick, there's probably six or seven people who'll tell you that one of his records made a huge difference in their lives.
    What?

Explain.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of him
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's not exactly a good rapper, he's okay.
    he's not Biggie but he's got some really good wordplay and with his catalog i think he belongs in atleast the top 15 all time conversation.
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG, I love Kanye West so much I find many of his songs so bloody amazing!!! :woo:

Thanks for this thread, imma be watching :ninjagirl:
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and any musician's personality in the media or whatever really doesn't bother me all that much tbh. I either like their music or I don't - that's mainly what's important to me :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    he's not Biggie but he's got some really good wordplay and with his catalog i think he belongs in atleast the top 15 all time conversation.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    ....don't see why that's so funny because overall he's definitely up there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you mean as an artist, taking production into account he probably is up there. 4 solid albums and even 808s wasn't terrible when he was trying to sing. His actual rapping isn't that special though.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does he really need a thread dedicated to him?

Maybe you just have a lot of time on your hand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nas, Biggie, 2Pac, Rakim, AZ, Big L, Big Pun, DMX, Eminem, Redman, Method Man, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, RZA (better rapper and producer), MC Ren, Ice Cube, Jay-Z, Krayzie Bone, Mos Def.

There's 20 rappers better than Kanye West and many others.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eminem is WAY BETTER! :cool:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.