Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wierd things you did/thought when playing Pokemon as a kid.

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 161 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by closey95)
    Kill the opponent with confusion :confused:
    Not so nice when it's used against you. You almost reach the point of throwing down your gameboy when your strongest Pokemon 'hurts itself in confusion' for like the 50th goddamn time. :pierre:

(Original post by medbh4805)
    :shock:

no way?! which game(s)?
    Pokemon Yellow. :smug:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Naming every protagonist Ash and every rival Gary in every Pokemon game I played even though those two were only character based in Yellow/Red/Blue. I would refuse to give them any other name.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Pokemon Yellow. :smug:
    I have Pokemon yellow. Away to google this :ninja:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The other bad one was two things when i started.

The first was no concept of saving before a legendary to restart if you didn't catch it. I think i murdered Articuno and Zapdos before someone told me about it so I could get Moltres.

The second was having no concept of raising more than one pokemon. Many gym battles were spent getting frustrated as a massively over leveled charmander/meleon/izard would not respond. I went through the Elite 4 so many times with just a level 100 charizard failing every time because i had no idea about ethers topping up the pp.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tried for ages to get to the grass that's on the other side of the fence in Pallet Town.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spending the entirety of Pokemon red waiting for Jessie and James to turn up :awesome:

Keeping Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle all in my team in yellow because I loved the show when I was a kid.

And training a Magikarp up into his slightly more powerful form...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    I have Pokemon yellow. Away to google this :ninja:
    Me too.

My thing was when it was dinner and your mum didnt understand you cant save in a battle, and youd not saved in ages so you had to complete it, but it was really long. and you got shouted at.
    I am another that called myself ash and 'rival' gary
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Use Magikarp as first Pokemon. Bring in Typhlosion, destroy enemy. Magikarp gets exp!

Level 99 Magikarp .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember that. I spent months trying to find glitches and tricks to get Mew without some game cheat cartridge or Japanese event. Friends said it was impossible. No trick or glitch worked.

But one day I found some glitch that involved a psyduck, two trainers and that Ghost town. It actually worked. Walked out of that ghost town and Mew appeared at like level 7. Greatest moment of my childhood. :coma:

I don't know exactly how these things work, but if my understanding is correct the mew character must be on the game in the first place for either the cheat code or the events day to be able to give it to you (I don't thingk you could save on to those ones).

So in theory there must be ways you can exploit that information being on the game, as you would have done with above. The only cheats i managed to pull off was the level 100 pokemon down the island, missingo, and the "unlimited 6th slot item" cheat.

I tried for ever to get something to happen in ilex forest in crystal with celebi to no avail.

And heard there was something to be done with the countdown at the rocket launch station in ruby/emerald
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also used to nickname every single one of my pokemon the same name... Jeremy. This meant that in multiplayer, no one knew which pokemon i was about to send out . Oh wait, that wasn't when i was younger, that was the other day :sexface: (i don't know why i just used that).
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also read online somewhere that on emerald, if you walked into the space centre 100 times, it would take you somewhere where you could catch deoxys. I spent a long time doing that and i never got my deoxys .
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember that. I spent months trying to find glitches and tricks to get Mew without some game cheat cartridge or Japanese event. Friends said it was impossible. No trick or glitch worked.

But one day I found some glitch that involved a psyduck, two trainers and that Ghost town. It actually worked. Walked out of that ghost town and Mew appeared at like level 7. Greatest moment of my childhood. :coma:
    My greatest pokemon moment was probably finding a shiny weedle in the wild. I was quite annoyed that the first (and only except for the red gyarados) shiny pokemon i found was a weedle, but it was still better than nothing.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kept trying to evolve my Pikachu on Pokemon Yellow. :unimpressed:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    How, after years of travelling across the world, Ash never had sex with fine ass Misty.

He was probably homosexual.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    How, after years of travelling across the world, Ash never had sex with fine ass Misty.

He was probably homosexual.
    That just reminded me of this:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pokmon-ran-out-of-pp.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	138871

Not really a weird thing, but I was close to having heart attacks when I was in a long pokémon battle and the red warning light for the battery came on. :nooo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    My greatest pokemon moment was probably finding a shiny weedle in the wild. I was quite annoyed that the first (and only except for the red gyarados) shiny pokemon i found was a weedle, but it was still better than nothing.
    Mine was tentacool. Most annoying thing ever. Shining charizard was awesome, but all shining pokemon are ruined by cheats that get them all premade.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got up every Saturday morning to catch pokemon in the safari park in Pokemon Gold!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Silver.

In Kanto.

Found a wild Kadabra. Little me was amazed by this.

*Throws master ball*

Yeahhhhhhhhhh
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    The bloke in the first town who always blocks you from leaving your home-town without a Pokemon - talk to him so he was facing the other way and sneak past :ahee: - never worked though :sad:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to pretend to do all the awesome moves whilst doing them (hyper beam,explosion,etc). Felt so epic :headbang:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.