Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Digimon Vs Pokemon

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:

My childhood shows. But yet the decision is easy..

Digimon is far better than Pokemon. We got to watch the characters age and adapt, the series were all linked to one purpose for example in series 1 - destroy the Dark masters, in Series 2 - defeat the Dark Emperor and then that spider and the Mummymon. Whereas Pokemon was different each week.

Most of you will prefer Pokemon to Digimon, because of the games. You're already biased to Pokemon. And I guarantee most of you that'll say you prefered Pokemon to Digimon probably heavily watched one, and barely ever watched the other so are both biased. I will however say, if you'd watched every episode of both Pokemon and Digimon adventures you'd prefer Digimon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you like Digimon over Pokemon, i will literally spit in your face.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    how is this even a debate :facepalm2:

you have clearly never caught a mewtwo before
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nurse Joy at the pokemon hospitals. She would get it
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon. :yy:

From what I can remember, Digimon was pretty good though.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR09)
    how is this even a debate :facepalm2:

you have clearly never caught a mewtwo before
    The TV show not the game.

The TV show wins hands down.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon all day, everyday.

There's no greater moment than having your crappy Magikarp finally evolve and then destroy everything in it's path. :teehee:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, what people love about pokemon is the games. The TV show is just based on the games and no way near as good.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    The TV show not the game.

The TV show wins hands down.
    pokemon wins hands down (the original series), digimon was incredibly poor.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched both. Enjoyed both.

That said i can't remember anything about Digimon really. Pokemon sticks out more in my mind (because I was an avid player of the games, as well as the fact the storyline was pretty much the same every episode. Which is good when you're young).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Like both, but have always preferred pokemon. Half of almost every digimon episode seems to be made up of flashbacks and digivolution cutscenes, so it gets very tedious to watch after a while... which is a shame because otherwise it was a great program =/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    digimon was a better show it wast as how to put this spoon-fed as in, it was slightly darker
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I loved them both, only the first series of Digimon, but all of Pokemon.

However Digimon did have a better storyline, and cooler characters. But it doesnt seem to have made the same impression on me that Pokemon has, even now (im 24), i love looking back on my Pokemon days. I still play the games, and occasionally watch an old episode or two, the same cant be said for Digimon though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon hands ****ing down. Everything aspect of Pokemon was great, the cards, games, shows etc. The original Pokemon games were made over 15 years ago and yet people still play them to this day as well as the newer generations (which in my opinion are kinda ****ty but that's my opinion).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I liked the weird ass cactus thing. That was cool.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    My childhood shows. But yet the decision is easy.. Digimon had a much better storyline, Digimons were way cooler than Pokemons. We also watched the characters age and develop through both series aswell.

Why is Pokemon so widely known, but Digimon not so much?

Oh.. and Digimon Adventures only. I refuse to acknowledge any of the other seasons.
    Pokemon was more of a franchise, whereas digimon focuses more narrowly on the anime. And aldo digimon came after pokemon so that adds to why its not as widely known as pokemon.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish7)
    Pokemon all day, everyday.

There's no greater moment than having your crappy Magikarp finally evolve and then destroy everything in it's path. :teehee:
    yeah until it meets my level 100 pikachu
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    Like both, but have always preferred pokemon. Half of almost every digimon episode seems to be made up of flashbacks and digivolution cutscenes, so it gets very tedious to watch after a while... which is a shame because otherwise it was a great program =/
    lol thats the same complaint that I made as an 8 year old kid , i remember there was 2/3 episodes where all of digimon digivolves, it must've took up a quarter of the episode in time :mmm:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Digimon all the way. Loved Adventure, Tamers was good, Frontier was alright... I give up after that. I loved the storylines and how much darker it was compared to Pokemon.

Pokemon games were awesome, I used to watch the anime but after watching the same thing over and over, I gave up. I suppose that was all well and good as a kid since I didn't know any better.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeaw)
    I liked the weird ass cactus thing. That was cool.
    It has a name you know, it has a name.

found it for you it's called Togemon. Still a weird ass name though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Togemon_b.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	138865

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.