Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Galloway about to win Bradford West... "Shock result"

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I dislike Galloway but I find it amusing that everybody just goes on about the time he went and kissed Saddam's backside, and brings up the 'indefatigable' line...you should see those letters that Tony Blair sent to Gaddafi when he went round chumming up to him, they were gushing love letters telling Gaddafi how great he was.
    Yeah but nobody expects any better from scum like Blair. If you go about pretending to care about people and then go about kissing dictators backsides it all looks very hollow.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Better to have Galloway in the commons! Better to have an alternative voice too amongst all that common beige.

People calling him self righteous, at least he had the balls to stand up against the Iraq war vociferously and got kicked out of Labour as a result. I'm astonished how the general public still think that was the right action, despite being illegal and causing turmoil in the region. Hypocrites I say.
    He didn't stand up against the Iraq War though. He was very pro-Iraq War, and came out on the side of the jihadists and Ba'athists. He was a lobbyist in our parliament for Saddam Hussein, and is currently one for the butcher of Syria.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferdowsi)
    Interesting the money grabbing toad doesn't say a bad word whilst Iranians are being shot in the streets and rounded up for mass torture simply for protesting an election results. This is the scum that this man is actually paid by the Islamic Regime to defend..

Pretty good video by an Iranian student here

He supported Saddam another fascist who was responsible amongst others for killing millions of Iranian for years. Just because a demagogue makes noises against Israel does not make him a good person. The gullibility is amazing. Wake up people.
    I didn't say I was a Galloway supporter, but I do I agree with some of his views against the wars, Israel and the general establishment.
    Every Western leader worth his salt was friends with Saddam. It's well known the Americans were his biggest supporters too. Where did Saddam get his arms from you have to ask? Well it's those very political parties, that have the same values, that are in power right now

All I'm saying is it's good to have an alternative voice in the commons. Most politicians read from the same hymn sheet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He is correct on foreign policy, hence he won in an area with a large Muslim demographic.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suetonius)
    He didn't stand up against the Iraq War though. He was very pro-Iraq War, and came out on the side of the jihadists and Ba'athists. He was a lobbyist in our parliament for Saddam Hussein, and is currently one for the butcher of Syria.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3205889.stm

Syria is a different matter not related to this thread. There is evidence Europeans (mainly French) have been training and arming the rebels for many years. This current civil war didn't happen out the blue.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say I was a Galloway supporter, but I do I agree with some of his views against the wars, Israel and the general establishment.
    Every Western leader worth his salt was friends with Saddam. It's well known the Americans were his biggest supporters too. Where did Saddam get his arms from you have to ask? Well it's those very political parties, that have the same values, that are in power right now

All I'm saying is it's good to have an alternative voice in the commons. Most politicians read from the same hymn sheet.
    And yet again we hear the same old tune: "America does it so why should we care if Galloway is a scumbag?"

Syria is a different matter not related to this thread. There is evidence Europeans (mainly French) have been training and arming the rebels for many years. This current civil war didn't happen out the blue
    Yeah, your link accurately clarifies and supports my point. As stated by Labour chairman Ian McCartney: the "party had been right to expel a man who 'incited foreign forces to rise up against British troops'." Galloway is pro-war and on the payroll of the enemy. He said that people had a right to take civilian lives on the London Underground.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what you get when you

a.) have a mass importation of uneducated Islamic immigrants into this European and Western nation from culturally backwards countries

b.) engage in foreign wars as under the Blairite foreign policy

c.) Attack the working man through the increasing corporatism of the country

Three things Blair and those before him did all of this and they should be hung from trees.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    How can Polish people come here illegally? EU.
    Past tense, my friend.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay! More divisive identity politicians!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Syria is a different matter not related to this thread. There is evidence Europeans (mainly French) have been training and arming the rebels for many years. This current civil war didn't happen out the blue.
    It happened because for 6 - 7 months Assad the butcher shot dead protesters. An armed resistance didn't come out of the blue, it simply did not exist for the first 6 months of the Syrian conflict - which was peaceful protest after peaceful protest with thousands dead. Armed resistance occurred after mounting defections. There is no evidence the French have been training anyone for years, you are just making nonsense up, what there is evidence of is that the salafi Gulf States like the Saudis have hijacked this revolution, just like they have in the Gaza strip with Hamas, and started funding rebel groups that are sympathetic to their aims.

The French are fairly supportive of the Assads anyway

The last thing any Western nation wants is another Sunni majority state bordering Israel.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Christ, I cannot stand Galloway. Hopefully this is as far as Respect goes.

But at least that is one less seat for Labour.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyway yeah, I hate Galloway, but in the positive side it annoys the three traitor parties.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Contradiction right there. Do you even know about Iraqi politics? I assume you dont even know much about foreign politics if you're blindly supporting Kony2012 campaign.
    (Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    It happened because for 6 - 7 months Assad the butcher shot dead protesters. An armed resistance didn't come out of the blue, it simply did not exist for the first 6 months of the Syrian conflict - which was peaceful protest after peaceful protest with thousands dead. Armed resistance occurred after mounting defections. There is no evidence the French have been training anyone for years, you are just making nonsense up, what there is evidence of is that the salafi Gulf States like the Saudis have hijacked this revolution, just like they have in the Gaza strip with Hamas, and started funding rebel groups that are sympathetic to their aims.
    Huh? Qataris have been giving Hamas some money recently but apart from that, nothing from the gulf states for Hamas or other rebel groups for Palestine. Palestinian rebel groups are supported by Syria and Iran.
    The last thing any Western nation wants is another Sunni majority state bordering Israel.
    Thats exactly what they want. Sunni majority = oppressing christians and other minorities just like what Assad is doing now. Sectarianism is what the west thrives on.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    And yet again we hear the same old tune: "America does it so why should we care if Galloway is a scumbag?"

Yeah, your link accurately clarifies and supports my point. As stated by Labour chairman Ian McCartney: the "party had been right to expel a man who 'incited foreign forces to rise up against British troops'." Galloway is pro-war and on the payroll of the enemy. He said that people had a right to take civilian lives on the London Underground.
    I think you have double standards. In the 80s everyone was supporting Saddam-- are you gonna bring back everybody and charge them, or selectively pick Galloway to take the blame for shaking his hand? Saddam was the classic puppet. Blair supported Gadaffi, Britain and America continue to support the tyranny in Bahrain. Are you gonna hold banners against Cameron now? These are current issues yet you're happy to bring up stuff that happened decades ago.

Ha Galloway urged people to bomb the underground? I think you'll find he'd be facing criminal charges if that were the case. Just like that politician who said they understood why suicide bombing takes place in Israel and was immediately branded a terrorist sympathisor, I imagine his quotes were taken out of context. I'd like to see the full statement he made.

I don't support Galloway or any politician simply because they don't represent my views. However I do agree with some aspects of Galloway's views and am glad there is an alternative voice in the Commons.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    Much worse for the Tories, they lost about three quarters of their vote compared to Labour losing less than half of theirs. Galloway was always going to take votes off of Labour, but I'm surprised how he completely annihilated the Tory vote.
    Not really.

I live very close to the area and can tell you that the Tories polling over 30% there should be considered a success in 2010 because it is about as stereotypical a Labour area as you can get (high immigrants, run down, generally a s*** hole).

It is certainly bad for the Tories in that they need to gain in these types of seats but the result will be considered for horrific for Labour who have failed to hold a heartland seat while fielding a Muslim candidate (it seems these are the people that voted for George) in an electoral environment in which they should have increased their majority.
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    so many people reading so much in to a by election :lol:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Better than some bland labour mp that will just toe the line. Even if you disagree with some of his points, it's good to have someone who will argue from a different angle than the rest, it helps to fully flesh out discussions.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Huh? Qataris have been giving Hamas some money recently but apart from that, nothing from the gulf states for Hamas or other rebel groups for Palestine. Palestinian rebel groups are supported by Syria and Iran.
    What the hell are you talking about? Over 80% of the funding for Hamas comes from Saudi Arabia, and the religious views of the Saudis and Hamas are virtually identical. Most of the rest comes from Palestinian expatriates and private donors in the Sunni world, particularly the Arab Gulf States. For decades the royal family of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has been the main financial supporter of Palestinian groups fighting Israel, never heard of the Popular Committee for Assisting Palestinian Mujahideen and The Support Committee for the Al-Quds Intifada, as well as The Al-Aqsa Fund?

Thats exactly what they want. Sunni majority = oppressing christians and other minorities just like what Assad is doing now. Sectarianism is what the west thrives on.
    Why do you assume Sunnis would do that? Are you an anti Sunni bigot. Assad is essentially the safest option - what exactly has he done to Israel and the West? He guards the borders on the Golan Heights, participated in the first Gulf War and has done literally nothing to harm Israel beyond funnelling some stuff towards Hezbollah now and again (and Hezbollah is not a threat to Israel, it is just a threat to non shia Lebanese). Why would the West as you say want a Sunni dominated sectarian state on Israel's borders? That would be the worst nightmare given it would be the ultimate breeding ground for anti Israeli groups. I really have a strong hunch that Zionists in the US and Israel have reached the conclusion that it would be better to keep the Syrian regime in power. I would say that the press conference by the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood on Sunday was directed at Zionists and not Arabs. They wanted to tell them that they would be keen--like Al-Asad regime--to protect Israel's borders.

With Syria's geographic vulnerability and limited military resources, the chances of Assad leading a successful military campaign against Israel are non existent. Furthermore, the Israel-Syria border has remained rather quiet since 1973. If I was Israel I would be attempting to ensure Assad remains in power to safeguard the peace in Golan and strike at any Arab liberal movement that may shake the stability in the region.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    im being discriminated
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    wait wait wait

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.