Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Galloway about to win Bradford West... "Shock result"

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    Not really, if poor 100 white Britons were massacred it'd be frontpage news. 100 Liberians? lol.
    If 100 liberians were massacred in Britain it would be frontpage news.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    If 100 liberians were massacred in Britain it would be frontpage news.
    That's not really a realistic scenario.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Oh?

So what exactly did he say then?

I think Galloway is a scumbag but I've heard his defense and he claims he was referring to the Iraqi people.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Galloway is an arrogant tarrier fud who takes an ego trip out of winding people up.

He is just generally sides with the left minority everytime to make himself look like he is some sort of freedom fighting hero, he seems to think he is superiour to others he has an extreme arrogances about him. We should just bomb Bradistan it's an example of multiculturism gone wrong a bunch of British/West hating ********s who don't even bother to integrate into the rest of the country.

I leave you with this

• 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    Galloway is an arrogant tarrier fud who takes an ego trip out of winding people up.

He is just generally sides with the left minority everytime to make himself look like he is some sort of freedom fighting hero, he seems to think he is superiour to others he has an extreme arrogances about him. We should just bomb Bradistan it's an example of multiculturism gone wrong a bunch of British/West hating ********s who don't even bother to integrate into the rest of the country.

I leave you with this

no. You'd destroy a couple of my favourite pubs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    no. You'd destroy a couple of my favourite pubs.
    Sacrifices have to be made, if the muslim freedom fighters are willing to give up their lives for the cause we can give up a few pubs
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really not sure why anybody would want to drink in Bradford when you have Leeds next door.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sacrifices have to be made, if the muslim freedom fighters are willing to give up their lives for the cause we can give up a few pubs
    Nope. You are not taking out the Sparrow, Corn Dolly, 1 in 12 & Fighting Cock for the sake of getting rid of Galloway and the rest of the problems in Bradford. Also, there's the potential of Saltaire being collateral damage, which would mean no more Saltaire brewery or Fanny's Ale House.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Really not sure why anybody would want to drink in Bradford when you have Leeds next door.
    Because Leeds is an over-priced ****-hole, and Bradford has some awesome pubs.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    Sorry to be so blunt but , what's it like?
    Not very nice. It's quite rough and Manningham is probably considered a 'no go area' for white people but to be fair, I spent the first 13 or so years of my life living in an equally rough area called Holmewood which is a 'no go area' for Asians - I did like how the shopkeeper was an Asian and he pretty much lived slap bang in the middle of the estate. Horrible and divided city, it's really depressing to live in, can't wait to get out of it for good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    Not very nice. It's quite rough and Manningham is probably considered a 'no go area' for white people but to be fair, I spent the first 13 or so years of my life living in an equally rough area called Holmewood which is a 'no go area' for Asians - I did like how the shopkeeper was an Asian and he pretty much lived slap bang in the middle of the estate. Horrible and divided city, it's really depressing to live in, can't wait to get out of it for good.
    I just watched the BBC report and Bradford looked nice, kinda like Manchester city centre.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    I just watched the BBC report and Bradford looked nice, kinda like Manchester city centre.
    The actual city centre is not bad but it is small and as soon as you get into any of the suburbs they are complete dives.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    All of the buildings look run down and horrible and our 'shopping center' is like a fifth of the size of the one in Doncaster (even Doncaster's city center is almost the same size) even though Bradford has 4x the population. The city center really needs bringing up to date... The new water feature is cool and all but yeah. As soon as you step out of the city center, it's really crappy.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that i am suprised how slow improvment has been in Bradford.

Leeds and to a lesser degree Wakefield have had a lot of improvement but Bradford has not really improved.

Is this is a case of 'Why invest in Bradford when you could invest in Leeds?'
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    His tactics were sick and he's so far left he'd put Stalin to shame.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

I leave you with this

Firstly, your misguided opinion regarding my hometown, largely that it should be `bombed’ thoroughly disgusts me. It really is incredibly hypocritical to be bashing Galloway for being arrogant, when you’ve quite nicely showed us all you display the very quality you despise in the Respect party politician. Having been born and brought up in Bradford, I can assure you multiculturalism is flourishing here and I feel proud to be part of such a diverse and dynamic city. Your ignorance astounds me, because its intolerant people like you who only exacerbate issues of social/cultural isolation. Its people like you, who are incapable of accepting that we are actually British and work hard to contribute to our communities and society as whole in a constructive and positive manner. Why would we hate what we actually are- or do we lack the `Britishness’ you possess because maybe were of a different race, colour or creed ? Ludicrous, but perhaps the most astonishing thing is you think you know what’s best for Bradford. Well instead of sitting there and complaining about it, why don’t you go out there and visit Bradford and just try to get a `real’ understanding of what it stands for and actually do something, make a change.

It’s very easy to criticise a man who is actually trying to make a change in Bradford, rather than contribute positively in any way yourself. Yeah Galloway may be arrogant and loud, but to be a successful politician you have to be. Politics is a tough world and unless you have the guts to stand up and speak up for what you believe in, you’re just another face in the sea of failures and disappointments that have entered and left British politics, lost and forgotten.

Well unless you’ve been under a rock for the last week or two, you’d know the conservatives or coalition government, whatever you want to call it, have wound up the British people no end with their pasty rubbish and petrol scares. In fact the British people and the people of Bradford West are pretty damn wound up with a lot of the coalitions failed promises and their shower of cuts which only further lower moral in a society which faces a recession, a failed economy and a lack of leadership. In short we are sick of Labour who have done nothing in the four decades they’ve supposedly been `serving us’ and we are sick of the failed coalition.

Galloway offers something fresh, dynamic and something that’s really genuine. He does fight for what he believes in and we need a strong voice in a city which has been quite and neglected for much too long.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukip72)
    His tactics were sick and he's so far left he'd put Stalin to shame.
    What was sick about his tactics? I suppose Labours stance to use tribalism through the form of a pakistani muslim counciler from Mirpur to relate to the people of bradford west ( targeting the asian vote) on a racial, cultural and tribal level- all in a bid to secure votes for labour wasnt sick or perhaps pretty damn sly. lol. And Imran Hussain of labour actually did tell those in his ward to vote for him on these grounds.

Being far to the left isnt a bad thing.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    can't wait to get out of it for good.
    I got out of Bradford- Never looked back! It's a goooood feeling when you get rid of it!

I hate having to come back and visit family though.

And with regards to Galloway- I returned to Bradford this afternoon to find my parents have apparently jumped onto his bandwagon. Bleurgh.

Edit: Just realised that sounded like I hate visiting family lol. I meant I hate coming back to Bradford!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akinfenwa)
    A crappy man for a crappy town.

This post was harsh, I feel sorry for all the decent British people in Bradford.

My advice, leave.
    i keep telling myself. just 3 more months :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chill543)
    i keep telling myself. just 3 more months :rolleyes:
    Seriously ur dramatising the whole situation, Bradford isnt a ghetto for crying out loud! You get good and bad in every city, just as youll find run down places in the dynamic and modern city of London, the same thing is fr Bradford. But the fact is we dont get as much funding and retail prospects to generate the economy are at an all time low, due to the stigma attatched to Bradford. Its sad really because there are alot of great things about Bradford, yet noone ever hears about them.

Its funny how some of these people hate what they are, get over it dudes no matter how far you go youll always be from Bradford LOL!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The actual city centre is not bad but it is small and as soon as you get into any of the suburbs they are complete dives.
    Just like Leeds then? I can't recall Beeston or Holbeck being particularly pleasant.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 3, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.