Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is MW3 boring or just the series is now boring?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cant even remember how good it felt the 1st time I played MW1. But I know it was amazing. It was a relatively new idea, modernday guns online maps etc...compared to all the typical WW2 shooters or space/alein stuff.

Anyway, I played MW1 ro death, then took a break for MW2, then played blops for a bit

BUt now I just cant be bohtered with MW3 at all. Especially now ive unlocked all the guns I wanted etc..

And I wonder if its cause the game is crap or the series has just been so overplayed with minimal changes and now perhaps even worse maps?

I cant believe I once loved this game and played hours per day(mw1)

Now its like I just cant even play it. Its so crap.

I tried to replay MW1 on pc online and it was more fun, it feels more raw and real prob cause maps, guns, kill streaks etc...however it felt dated and i dont have old buddies to play it with so quit....so i guess MW3 must suck a lot due to the game itself, cause cod4mw1 still plays a decent game online?

I cant think of 1 map I enjoy at all tbh....some I think are ok but I dont think good just ok like lockdown, dome and fallen perhaps and many are just horrid, when I see the load screen Im quiting game.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    All shooters age....except CS: Source :sexface:
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was the same way, I played through about three prestiges and realised I wasn't particularly enjoying myself. So I traded it in and dusted off my long-neglected copy of Halo 3, loving every minute of it. I wish I'd have gotten into Modern Warfare in it's heyday, and really enjoyed MW2, but MW3 just felt like an expansion pack with new weapons, maps and a metric ton of different exp bars. It's not just the aesthetics, the two games just feel like they play completely identically. I just hope whatever COD game comes out next does something radically different (Which I doubt, most of their fan base would be outraged and they're obviously onto an obscenely successful formula already) or go back to their World War roots. Hell I remember sitting down to play COD 1 at a friends computer aged 12, that was freaking awesome. More of that please.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I just hope whatever COD game comes out next does something radically different (Which I doubt, most of their fan base would be outraged and they're obviously onto an obscenely successful formula already) or go back to their World War roots.
    Treyarch are making the game, which means I will never be in a situation where I'm knifed by an invisible ghost being 8 steps before turning round a corner as I hope region locking will feature. Some of the issues surrounding may well be nostalgia induced, while others will say the series has been overproduced, which is not unique to CoD. Not sure if the used game market is contributing to this and/or that people should be stubborn and just refuse to purchase a game that has not developed much from previous editions. I prefer the maps from Black Ops to MW3 but that's because I'm an assault rifle user. I could see myself having a lot of fun on Grid using the MK14. That said, I'd rather they copy and paste their own work rather than rip off from other games, like Need For Speed: The Run has done.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its more infuriating than boring.

dead mans hand is the ultimate rage inducing piece of bs in a fps game of all time.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it has lost a lot of it's charm. Even back in MW2 there was something satisfying about raping teams with AC130's and dropping nukes, whereas now killstreaks do nothing and getting a MOAB feels totally worthless. It can still be fun though, I mean running terrible weapons and destroying a bunch of try hard kids is always entertaining. The game caters for noobs though which is annoying: you pretty much die instantly, nades are terrible, spawn shield, death streaks, assassin + dead silence, stealth bombers etc. I think if you can just accept all the bull**** and play it for what it is then it's still a fun game on the whole. Saying that about 3/4 of my friends list who play COD wont touch MW3 again so i can see where you're coming from.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The whole series has just become repetitive for me, so I've jumped unto Battlefield and haven't looked back.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I think it has lost a lot of it's charm. Even back in MW2 there was something satisfying about raping teams with AC130's and dropping nukes, whereas now killstreaks do nothing and getting a MOAB feels totally worthless. It can still be fun though, I mean running terrible weapons and destroying a bunch of try hard kids is always entertaining. The game caters for noobs though which is annoying: you pretty much die instantly, nades are terrible, spawn shield, death streaks, assassin + dead silence, stealth bombers etc. I think if you can just accept all the bull**** and play it for what it is then it's still a fun game on the whole. Saying that about 3/4 of my friends list who play COD wont touch MW3 again so i can see where you're coming from.
    I'm not too fussed with Assassin Pro or Dead Silence (I use Quickdraw Pro and SitRep Pro myself) but my issue is how few kills is required for a random care package gets awarded. Plus, a lot of the assault killstreaks are droppable, which makes the player vulnerable to hijacks. On many maps, there are large parts to them where you can be running pretty fast and your opponents will not hear you even without Dead Silence. I think if they tweaked the killstreaks and put a limit on upper killstreaks that a team can have in any one match it might improve. I had to face a side who had an AC-130, a Reaper and an AH-6 Overwatch who got them all by random care package. The thing is, they were fairly good players and their side didn't really need them. I mean, they took me out with the AC-130 when I was running Blind Eye Pro after I destroyed the AH-6 Overwatch, and nobody on my side was near me. So if they can work together through head sets like that, chances are they're good enough without excessive luck on the random care package. I would gladly play Barebones more often but so few players are in that playlist it is perhaps a sign that people love their killstreak/pointstreak awards too much. Don't mind about the Dead Man's Hand so much but why is it in Search & Destroy? I'd play it in Barebones if it was available. Plus, two flash grenades? Why can't I have two claymores then?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I was the same way, I played through about three prestiges and realised I wasn't particularly enjoying myself. So I traded it in and dusted off my long-neglected copy of Halo 3, loving every minute of it. I wish I'd have gotten into Modern Warfare in it's heyday, and really enjoyed MW2, but MW3 just felt like an expansion pack with new weapons, maps and a metric ton of different exp bars. It's not just the aesthetics, the two games just feel like they play completely identically. I just hope whatever COD game comes out next does something radically different (Which I doubt, most of their fan base would be outraged and they're obviously onto an obscenely successful formula already) or go back to their World War roots. Hell I remember sitting down to play COD 1 at a friends computer aged 12, that was freaking awesome. More of that please.
    Completely agree. I admit to buying COD every year for quite a while now but after MW3 I do now see why people slag it off now, they haven't changed anything radically different for while now, I love the story of MW3 but everything else gameplay and multiplayer wise is exactly the same as MW2, surely they should be trying to advance and improve these sorts of aspects of the game every year, but the problem is they don't actually need to, the next COD will as ever sell millions regardless. So, personally for once I may not buy it this year unless they can come up with something new and fresh for the series.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same about COD but my peak was a WaW It's still fun to play and I just love all the maps but when Black Ops came out It just lost it's magic :/ Me and some of my friends now play Assassins Creed online It's so much more fun (but the servers suck ass) :')
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    boring series been milked till the cow is dry and then some...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    The whole series has just become repetitive for me, so I've jumped unto Battlefield and haven't looked back.
    :five:
    welcome to the club
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    i still rep COD4
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    MW3 was just a big step backwards, I hold Black Ops as the best game in the series after MW1 but the MW3 team being the spiteful team they are didn't include a single thing from Black Ops. Black Ops 2 on the other hand seems to be taking a few things from MW3 and carrying on the Black Ops route.

The main infuriating thing or me though was the map design. Which idiot designed the maps for MW3? MW2 had good maps, but every single map on MW3 was just some of the worst level design I've seen in a long time.

Its understandable, Infinity Ward more or less self-destructed after MW2 was released, I'm surprised they got a working product out of the door.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Lucky)
    MW3 was just a big step backwards, I hold Black Ops as the best game in the series after MW1 but the MW3 team being the spiteful team they are didn't include a single thing from Black Ops. Black Ops 2 on the other hand seems to be taking a few things from MW3 and carrying on the Black Ops route.

The main infuriating thing or me though was the map design. Which idiot designed the maps for MW3? MW2 had good maps, but every single map on MW3 was just some of the worst level design I've seen in a long time.

Its understandable, Infinity Ward more or less self-destructed after MW2 was released, I'm surprised they got a working product out of the door.
    I agree with the maps although I prefer a lot of the Black Ops ones to MW2. I still have yet to see the fuss with the map Vacant. Give me Hanoi or Grid any day. My biggest issue is the lag and matchmaking in online multiplayer. Both are appearing to be subtle ways to further commercially whore the series so that countries with rubbish connections and just not popular with the game, are given a legs up. I think there's always a shelf lfe for all series depending on how good it is and how frequently each game is made. I grew up loving Need For Speed but I won't touch a new title from this series again unless it is truly exceptional. People have had issues with Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat too. Both I used to play back in the day. Think the last fighting game I bought was Soul Calibur 4.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.