The Student Room Group

Not Entitled to Full Tuition Fee Loan

O.K, so I've completed my student finance application and at the end it offers a student finance break down in which I am told I am entitled to £3,465.00 as a tuition fee loan. That's a really random number and not even half of my £9,000 tuition fee. Anyone know whats up with that?
Reply 1
It'll be a glitch of some sort, and we've seen it many, many times over the last few months. If you are entitled to a tuition fee loan it will cover the whole cost of your fees. Call SF up if you're worried.
Reply 2
are you sure that's not the maintenance loan figure?
Reply 3
Hey, I'm getting the same thing, SF saying I only get 3465 tuition fee loan, just wondering what to do about it? Do I need to ring SF or can I just carry on with my application?
Thanks guys!

Hazza, I called them up and the I spoke to said he didn't have a clue why it was happening but it should be fixed when our applications are reviewed. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by IlliteratePedant
O.K, so I've completed my student finance application and at the end it offers a student finance break down in which I am told I am entitled to £3,465.00 as a tuition fee loan. That's a really random number and not even half of my £9,000 tuition fee. Anyone know whats up with that?

It's not a random number, its the ammount current students will be paying in their 2nd year. As long as you haven't applied for 2011/12 student finance by mistake then its student finance having problems coping with two different fee systems.
Reply 6
Original post by IlliteratePedant
Thanks guys!

Hazza, I called them up and the I spoke to said he didn't have a clue why it was happening but it should be fixed when our applications are reviewed. :smile:

I had the exact same problem, but should I still call them up to notify them of it, or should I just assume that it will be sorted once the application is submitted. I'm just getting really paranoid about it now, thinking I'm gonna be ending up with half unpaid fees...
Original post by Magga
I had the exact same problem, but should I still call them up to notify them of it, or should I just assume that it will be sorted once the application is submitted. I'm just getting really paranoid about it now, thinking I'm gonna be ending up with half unpaid fees...

I don't know, I'm still not sure what's going on. I called and the guy on the phone didn't know a thing but advised me to just apply, let them examine my application, and they're correct the problem themselves, so that's what I've done. :smile:
Reply 8
Mmm. Well, from what I can gather, it seems to have been a pretty common problem for people, so hopefully it's just a glitch with the system still left over from last year's tuition fees. I just wonder if there are people who have actually had the application with the correct amount come up in their fee breakdown.

I can't think of a single reason why I wouldn't be entitled to having my full tuition fees paid, so I'd hope once I send my application and they see my fees are nine grand they'll sort it out, but I just don't know...
Reply 9
As someone who has completed their application and signed the declaration I'd just like to point out it's fine to just continue with the application. The same happened to me and it said I would have to pay the rest until it had been processed, then it was corrected to me being entitled for the full amount. If you get your declaration and it still says you aren't entitled to the full amount then you should ring them up.

Quick Reply

Latest