The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

HPAT Ulster 2012

Scroll to see replies

My percentile was much lower than my overall HPAT score. Reading one of your HPAT related posts regarding overall and percentile seem to be similar-ish or higher. Anyone else have that problem too? Without giving my percentile away, it was lower than all that have been mentioned thus far!

Now all we have to do is play the waiting game, Diagnostic Radiography at J'town is my last offer (or rejection) to receive. Waiting until the 2nd week of April will be annoying, was hoping to have the Easter Holidays waiting-for-offer-stress-free, so I could focus on revision and coursework with the knowledge that my firm and insurance have been chosen. :frown: Oh well, we've waited 3 months, what's 2 more weeks?!
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 21
Sometimes when they scale things for exams there's a mark at which anything above is scaled muchhh higher and anything below is scaled much lower. The scaling makes the whole thing really confusing but the percentile is there to let you know how you did compared to others :smile:

I am rather doubtful about the April thing though because it does say on the results we'll get them around this time...wishful thinking haha
Reply 22
I did the Hpat this year and last year because I didnt get into the course I wanted, I got my hpat results on the 30th and UCAS came on the 31st last year, im assuming it's the same this year. The scores are so close together that its hard to tell if you'll get an offer or not, my friend got 2 marks more than me and got into physio but our percentages were 49% and 86%. Also last year someone got into radiography with 18% so im sure you will all be fine.
(edited 12 years ago)
I just got my results. They are awful even though it was a true guessing game in the hpat. But i got 47 over all but sitting on 8%. whats that all about? Somebody got 56 over all and are sitting on 55% wtf:s-smilie:
Reply 24
Original post by ollscoilabu
I just got my results. They are awful even though it was a true guessing game in the hpat. But i got 47 over all but sitting on 8%. whats that all about? Somebody got 56 over all and are sitting on 55% wtf:s-smilie:

It so so close, I don't really think it's the most fair way to do it. Surely an interview would indicate a lot more about personality which is probably more important anyway as long as the grades are there
hi applying for slt got a 61 average score and apparently my overall percentile is 70 :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Scoachie
oh right, that's okay then. i haven't applied to speech and language. apparently they won't be making decisions until the 2nd week in april :s-smilie:

That doesn't seem right... I would have thought today or Monday.
Original post by DK_Tipp
That doesn't seem right... I would have thought today or Monday.

yea! soooo happy, just got a conditional for dietetics in coleraine, now i have to decide where i really want to go, good luck everyone else!
Is it the higher the percentile the better chance you have of getting an offer?
:confused:
Original post by pinkmonkey93
Is it the higher the percentile the better chance you have of getting an offer?
:confused:

yes
Reply 30
i got overall score of 63 and a percentile of 83. im applying for Dia radiography. is anyone else applying for this course?
Reply 31
Original post by rebeccaIRE
i got overall score of 63 and a percentile of 83. im applying for Dia radiography. is anyone else applying for this course?

Im applying for therapeutic and panicking slightly haha
Reply 32

Yeah i applied for both diagnostic and theraputic, i got 65 and a percentile of 86. Has anyone got any offers for radiograhy yet??
Reply 33
Original post by lucyt246
Yeah i applied for both diagnostic and theraputic, i got 65 and a percentile of 86. Has anyone got any offers for radiograhy yet??

I got 86 also and no offer as yet, its gonna be a long weekend haha
Reply 34
haven't they tortured us enough??
Reply 35
Hi I got a score of 60 and a percentile of 65, applied to O.T. and Speech Therapy, have no idea if I have any chance.
Reply 36
Original post by ollscoilabu

It's because the scores are scaled. If you have a narrow range of scores, say from 60 to 70, then if you scored a 70 you'd be in the 100th percentile and if you scored 60 you'd be at the zero end. Everyone who scored below 60 points would be disqualified automatically, and 60 would be the beginning of the scale and 70 would be the end, so there would be a 10 point spread. Just using that as an example. I scored 77 overall and I'm the 100th percentile, so it must have been quite a narrow spread.
Reply 37

Yep! I applied for diagnostic and therapeutic radiography. I'm kind of hoping for therapeutic, but I suppose what's for you won't pass you. :smile:
I got a 55 score and 38 Percentage. And I wanted to to occupation therapy but it looks like I've no hope with that score :s ahhh :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by dramaqueen92
I got a 55 score and 38 Percentage. And I wanted to to occupation therapy but it looks like I've no hope with that score :s ahhh :frown:

Actually, I read somewhere on here this morning that OT most often has a lower cutoff than many of the other programmes, so don't despair!! Stay positive - no news is not a rejection! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest