Pgce qub 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Still nothing :-(
Just waiting on rejection now
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 101
What subject have you applied for Sarah? I haven't got post today yet.
Reply 102
Don't give up yet guys, when I called the lady told me they'd still be sending out letters come Wednesday and that they weren't being sent out in any particular order! X
Reply 103
Oh thanks for that info. I know another girl applied for English, one for science and one for sociology and none have got a letter yet. It's a crazy system. Has anyone got English?
Reply 104
Our post just came and I got an offer! (: best of luck everyone else!! Don't give up hope!!!!
Reply 105
Yeah there's a member on here received an offer for English. Maybe two actually. Although my best friend has applied for English and heard nothing yet. So I dont know what way they are sending the letters out. When I called it seemed all very messy like I don't think the lady herself knew what was going on so there may not even been a system and such and they're just sending out letters as they come to a name!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 106
I've applied for English, which seems to have got the biggest response so far. Sigh :-/
Reply 107
Original post by Kikifluff
Our post just came and I got an offer! (: best of luck everyone else!! Don't give up hope!!!!

Well done Ciara :smile: see you September!
Reply 108
No post today either if they are sending them alphabetically I'll be away at the end. Lol. So might be some hope but it's a strange of organising it. I don't want to give up hope yet but its not looking good :frown: *Big sigh*
hey i got an offer too! french and german! best of luck to anyone still waiting and hopefully see u all in september! :smile:
Reply 110
Don't give up, people, including myself, still only got good news today!!
Thanks Rebecca! See you in sept (: ...and everyone else too!!
Reply 111
I really really want it. Hate this waiting hopefully it's worth the wait. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting & myself :smile: X
Hi all,

Just to update you, I rang qub today and they said it could be up to two weeks before the last of the letters are out, but they said that is worst case scenario. I've applied for maths and have heard nothing yet, but they said they are sending out batches, only 25% of the maths letters had been sent out by this morning. So try not to panic if you haven't heard.
Also, in general for all subjects they are sending out acceptance, rejection and reserve list offers in the one batch, and in no order, so no news isn't necessarily bad news (I hope!)
Congrats to all who have been given offers! :smile:
Reply 113
hey has any one heard anything today?
im still patiently waiting on post :frown:
Nothing today, and I emailed the secretary asking what the deal is and she still hasn't replied! I'm not too bothered at this point; I've got an interview for Uni of Bath - I applied through GTTR two weeks ago and got the interview yesterday, so they're really showing Queen's up as far as I'm concerned!
Reply 115
Still heard nothing but not got any post today yet. I'm going to ring queens to see what they tell me after I finish work at 3pm. Will let everyone know what they say. X
Hi everyone,

I have just finished my second year of a 4 year English course in Scotland and I REALLY want to go to Queens to do my PGCE when I graduate. I realise it's very competitive so I just wanted to ask you guys who were successful- how much work experience with young people did you have when you applied to get accepted for an interview? Was your experience just in schools or also voluntary and did you do anything abroad? Also what is the interview process like?

I did email queens these questions but they have not got back to me yet so I would appreciate your stories- pm me or email [email protected]. Thanks! x
Reply 117
Nothing in my post today either but I phoned Queens and they said all the letters havent been sent yet but they are reaching the final stages and all the letters will be sent out by the end of the week which still means it could be next week by the time they could reach us. They also said they are working across all the subjects at the one time which is why some people have heard and some people haven't. But it's not a negative thing that you haven't heard anything because they post offers, reserve list & rejection letters all at once. So there's still hope. So fingers crossed for those who haven't heard anything!! :smile: X
Hello everyone,

I applied for entry to the English PGCE at QUB. Like many of you I have still not received a letter. I got this reply from the office today:

All the letters have now been posted so you shouldn’t have more than a day or two longer to wait.
I hope you understand.

So here's hoping it won't be much longer until we all know where we stand.

K
Reply 119
Hey guys,

I posted up here a while ago that I was offered a place on the course. It turns out that I'm probably not going to be able to accept the place as I was sick during my exams and have to do two of them in August now instead and my uni won't have my results ready on time for the enrollment date. I was absolutely heartbroken today when I found out.

I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck with the final offers and don't give up hope, there are going to be people, like myself, who have to turn down places for whatever reason and there's always next year. And to those starting in September, good luck...gutted I won't be there!

Ciara xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending