The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by Revd. Mike
:hugs:

I could cope fine if he just wasn't interested, it's the constant ups and downs and never being sure whether he actually likes me or not that's so upsetting ><

Do you think it's the transmission or the source which is the problem? =\

My source is well and truly malfunctioning :h:
Reply 2041
Original post by cpdavis
So ...

How was everyone's day?

Someone being me got rather drunk last night and I am a very handsey, flirty drunk.... lets just say i made a complete tit of myself, the Joy!
Reply 2043
Laptop taking power again. No, nothing is broken. I haven't dropped anything. And yes, the socket was turned on.
Original post by Revd. Mike
:hugs:

I could cope fine if he just wasn't interested, it's the constant ups and downs and never being sure whether he actually likes me or not that's so upsetting ><

:hugs: Tell him to get with the program and be clear about his intentions.
Original post by Crisps
Laptop taking power again. No, nothing is broken. I haven't dropped anything. And yes, the socket was turned on.

Loose connector?
Reply 2046
Original post by Mad Vlad
Loose connector?

Might be. My power cable is just about the only problem I've had with my mac since I got it just over a year ago. I'm on my third power cable :redface: .
Reply 2047
Original post by Crisps
In a bad mood or something?

Yes. Apologies.

I've spent quite a while asking people for any sort of advice regarding mobiles and received none, so I started researching on my own and finally found a phone that I liked at a reasonable price. After I had considered many reviews from various sources for said phone I decided that it sounded like a good investment and I bought it. I have since had problems with the order and have been on hold for hours today. Nevertheless, I was still excited about my purchase, but after affirming my excitement for it, captain hindsight informs me with a swift and cutting comment that I've wasted my money and bought faulty, "crap" goods that will fall apart in three months. I understandably did not feel very cheery after reading it, mainly because after my excitement it made me look a bit of an idiot (I realise that I haven't exactly helped myself on this front by acting passive aggressively)

Yeah, I'm clumsy, but I have a condition called dyspraxia so I have a rather good excuse.

You have dyspraxia, I do not have dyspraxia, therefore I am less likely to damage the phone. Whether you drop things due to a condition or otherwise, the fact remains that you still drop small items such as mobiles more than I would, so my argument was valid, if poorly executed due to my mood.

Yes, my phone screen has been repaired, but thats because I three it on the ground in a drunken rage. And the build qualty is almost excellent, but not quite, mainly because the battery cover is very flimsy.

Almost excellent build quality sounds more reassuring than a phone that will drop to bits within a matter of weeks. Perhaps throwing your phone on the ground damaged the cover? Unless you recognised this problem prior to the incident. The phone case I bought will cover the battery anyway, so this shouldn't cause me too many worries.

If I knew that was going to be your reaction to my opinions' I would have kept my mouth shut.

Meh. Perhaps I would've reacted less sorely if there was any sort of constructiveness to your comment, or condolence. Or if my sister wasn't going through her magical time of the month and taking it out on everything she sees.
I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to my bed. This is disastrous.

Also, I've reached a point of extreme apathy in my life, which is unfortunate seeing as I have an exam next friday for a module I've only been to 2 sessions for since January and haven't done any work for. I really wish that I cared about it, but I really don't, which is quite worrying.

I'm just feeling really down, even though I have no reason to be that I can think of which is at all valid. Sorry for posting this here as it's not particularly relating to this thread.
Reply 2049
Original post by seanfromtheblock
I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to my bed. This is disastrous.

Also, I've reached a point of extreme apathy in my life, which is unfortunate seeing as I have an exam next friday for a module I've only been to 2 sessions for since January and haven't done any work for. I really wish that I cared about it, but I really don't, which is quite worrying.

I'm just feeling really down, even though I have no reason to be that I can think of which is at all valid. Sorry for posting this here as it's not particularly relating to this thread.

I can relate :console:

Except for the bed thing, that's a little strange.
Stole a random guy's cowboy hat tonight. I'm in love with it
Original post by Liam_G
I can relate :console:

Except for the bed thing, that's a little strange.

haha I don't know what it is with my bed, every time I go to sleep (for about the last month) I've gone to sleep fine, only to wake up an hour later, have a massive coughing fit, and then not get back to sleep all night. I've now taken to sleeping on my floor in a sleeping bag (:colonhash:) which gives me none of these problems, but is doing my back in.
hm, according to twitter, North Carolina's just banned gay marriage again. I wish I could say I was surprised.
Busy. I'm off to Wiltshire tomorrow with work. Should be interesting!

Then a week on Monday, I'm off to Washington DC on business, which should be excellent! I've never been to the States before!

I went to the states years ago, and I loved it, albeit you're in the East and I was in the South East, but still the East Coast of America is a lovely place. Whereabouts are you heading? Anywhere near the White House? Or is it business with a firm like Macy's?
Original post by thurin
Do you think it's the transmission or the source which is the problem? =\

My source is well and truly malfunctioning :h:

I'm not sure :/ His initial messages on OKCupid were really enthusiastic and positive, then we moved to chatting on Facebook and it's started falling apart slightly. Most of the time I'm having to put in vast amounts of input into the conversation to get one or two word answers back. Then every single time I think "Well, he's obviously not interested, I'll just drop it", then he starts starting conversations with me etc. Also every single time I've mentioned meeting up for a drink or something he's just not replied until I've changed the subject. That can't be a good sign. Although he's said that he'd like to meet me... I don't know ><

:hugs: Tell him to get with the program and be clear about his intentions.

Haha, I actually sent him a message saying something to the effect of "I've noticed you've not been very talkative, sorry if I've been bugging you, if you're not really up for chatting with me just let me know" (I phrased it less bluntly but still pretty clearly). He didn't reply, but he started chatting to me again normally and didn't mention the message. Then he started going all quiet again ><

Original post by fretter778
Stole a random guy's cowboy hat tonight. I'm in love with it

Oh you're just the worst kind of person :tongue: It always really bugs me if I go to a party/nightout/etc. in some kind of costume/outfit that has a hat or similar accessory and then have to spend the evening trying to get it back from everyone that's stolen it ><

At least when I dressed up as an airship captain and people tried to steal my steampunk'd Nerf gun I just shot them :h:
Reply 2055
Morning, gays. It's been a while. :sexface:
I hate my internet. Let's me connect on my phone. Let's other people connect. But my computer? Hell no. Keeps saying password is on correct or not near enough the station (both *******s as I did it with the same password working for my phone and have tried it with it next to the router).
Also tried turning everything on and off and forgetting wifi etc. No luck. There was an issue before I went home with IP addresses (various computers in the house kept moaning they had been stolen by another computer just connected)
I dont know what to do now. Sigh. Sledgehammering the router might make me feel temporarily better...
I hate over-thinking, it hurts my tiny little head.
Original post by bloodredbeat
Oh u iz so kwl. :P

Oh yeah deffinately....:rolleyes: I had fun though :tongue: I am actually getting nowhere with this assignment and it's really frustrating me :mad:
Reply 2059
I AM SO BORED OF REVISION
#whineover

Latest