(Original post by goodcookies)
    Who's this? Cute :teehee:

(Hi btw )
    Marina Cockenberg from CollegeHumour :love:

Hi!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Literally just downloaded it as a game I want (Stronghold 3 Gold Edition) has been released for the Mac. So I go to buy the game, enter my payment details etc, and it says 'Unexprected Error. Contact Support'. However, it still thinks I've bought it, and I have an email proclaiming so too. I downloaded the Steam app, but the game isn't there. One of the freebies you get with the game itself is there, (albeit the PC version) but the main game itself is not there
    Why would you buy that abhorrent testicle of a game? Steam is doing this for your own good.

Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader are beautiful games. Firefly ruined them thereafter. Those two games rank among my all-time favourites.
    • 98 followers

ReputationRep:
    So drunk at the moment .......
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love my job. :love:

I love this hotel room. :love:

I love this weather. :love:

I love this air conditioner. :love:

I HATE driving on American Roads...

• 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mother is being overly protective again. I feel sorry for the watchmakers (my pocket watch has had to go back AGAIN) but they should have learn't not to mess with her...

As for people moaning about heat stop it. Although I managed to burn myself yesterday (didn't put on suncream and then was in the sun for 4 hours form 11-3 so tbh I deserve it...)
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays.

(Original post by cpdavis)
    Oh yeah, don't you have to wear a gown to exams? :giggle:
    What Jack said; dark suit, white shirt, white bow tie, black socks, mortarboard and appropriate gown. And yeah, they check socks. :awesome:

(Original post by Terpsikhore)
    Y'know, we have a lot of meets in London. We should organise one in Oxford. I propose the date of your last exam. ...Also everyone should bring eggs.
    I plan to be exceedingly drunk with the other MathPhils then, but you guys'd be welcome to come down a few days after, since I'm staying an extra week for open days and everyone else will be leaving.
    • 98 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)

Stop it, hormones :love:
    :love:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I couldn't keep my eyes off her doing their livestream,

Going to now follow these religiously, aha
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey gays.

What Jack said; dark suit, white shirt, white bow tie, black socks, mortarboard and appropriate gown. And yeah, they check socks. :awesome:

I plan to be exceedingly drunk with the other MathPhils then, but you guys'd be welcome to come down a few days after, since I'm staying an extra week for open days and everyone else will be leaving.
    Exams are stressful enough without having to worry about being "properly turned out". :lolwut:

I'm really quite glad I went to a dumpy ex-poly tbh. :erm:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really like the idea of dressing up for an exam! So much tradition and cuteness!

I don't think you have to look immaculate and well presented to do an exam but it does annoy me greatly when people turn up to exams in their pyjamas and slippers. And would it kill people to drag a brush through their hair?

I feel like some of my friends use the exam period to just be lazy and moan all the time and wallow in self pity about how they're going to fail, how they're not doing enough work, I wish I'd gone to all the lectures etc.... rather than actually do any studying.

I'm like, all you have to do is study really hard for one month out of twelve. And then they're gutted when it's confirmed they have actually failed/done poorly in their exam. And I'm like, what do you expect honey, you didn't revise, you just moaned. Isn't that what becoming an adult is - taking responsibility for yourself?

Sorry for the rant, I just feel like I'm surrounded by negative energy and it's knocking me off balance.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I could be in night clubs right now taking advantage of drunk girls, but instead I'm stuck at home reading about psychologists who took advantage of dumb girls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    loljk, I wish
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.O.V.E.)
    I really like the idea of dressing up for an exam! So much tradition and cuteness!

I don't think you have to look immaculate and well presented to do an exam but it does annoy me greatly when people turn up to exams in their pyjamas and slippers. And would it kill people to drag a brush through their hair?

I feel like some of my friends use the exam period to just be lazy and moan all the time and wallow in self pity about how they're going to fail, how they're not doing enough work, I wish I'd gone to all the lectures etc.... rather than actually do any studying.

I'm like, all you have to do is study really hard for one month out of twelve. And then they're gutted when it's confirmed they have actually failed/done poorly in their exam. And I'm like, what do you expect honey, you didn't revise, you just moaned. Isn't that what becoming an adult is - taking responsibility for yourself?

Sorry for the rant, I just feel like I'm surrounded by negative energy and it's knocking me off balance.
    Brush hair? For an exam? That only happens on special occasions, certainly not every day let alone on an exam day!
    I don't do pjs or slippers, I don't have any. I have yet to go in my dressing gown although tempting purely as homage to douglas adams. Towel would also be mandatory.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.O.V.E.)
    Slippers definitely never happened... partly because I don't own any, mainly because it never stops raining in Lancaster.

PJ bottoms on the other hand were definitely fair game. The only people in the room for my exams were me and an invigilator who was too busy chewing gum really loudly to care how I looked, and I figured if I was gonna be sat there for 4 hours I damn well wanted to be comfy. Also, I have a very one-track mind. When I'm in my learning happy-place everything else pretty much falls off the shelf. After several weeks forgetting to do things like food, sleep and all but basic hygiene, sometimes putting on clothes really does feel like more than I can manage!

I did once hand in coursework in my nightwear though. No excuse for that one (I woke up 20 minutes before the deadline ).
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Summer Eights (rowing thing). So much Pimm's. Also a reasonable quantity of hot topless men.

And Eurovision tonight. :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eurovision party :woo: :woo:

No alcohol allowed because I have exams next week. BOOO. :cry:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    People throw Eurovision parties? :0
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    People throw Eurovision parties? :0
    Any excuse for a party! But yes, apparently so. There's an actual drinking game for it!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    This made me do a smile.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh jings, I look like a panda. I am a prime example of why you shouldn't sunbathe with sunglasses on...

Other than that, when the sun comes out in Scotland, life is beautiful <3

(Imma go get drunk :ninja:)
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thurin)
    Why would you buy that abhorrent testicle of a game? Steam is doing this for your own good.

Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader are beautiful games. Firefly ruined them thereafter. Those two games rank among my all-time favourites.
    You're not the only big fan of the first two Stronghold games. And I agree that Stronghold 2 was rather unashamedly rubbish. The third one is supposed to be better though, now they've ironed out most of the bugs.

Anyway, got a reply from Steal, just telling me to log out and back in again, but it's still not there . So I've sent them a screenshot too. Bloody thing :hmmm:

Also, my arms are sunburnt . That'll teach me to sit outside in a vest.
Updated: October 23, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.