Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Does this country need a more hard-Line leader?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    A leader with a proper vision/plan and who doesn't panic as happened with the possible tanker driver strike would be a start.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelyknight)
    Er, no.

Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't realise it was a crime to want Britain to remain how it's been for years, you know, British. That doesn't make me unintelligent either - at least I know how to spell "don't".
    I haven't any experience of the EDL, but having just looked them up, they seem to be against Islam in Britain and resort to violence. I don't want anything to do with violence, thanks, but I have no problem saying that Islam isn't a British thing. Because it isn't.

Well, first things first, put an immediate halt to immigration. Nobody comes in for at least about five years until we can get some proper laws down about who exactly can enter.
    Next, sort out this silly justice system we have. Make the sentences suit the crimes. Any immigrants who perform significant crimes (ie murder, extreme violence etc) are sent back to where they came from, no messing about.
    Health and safety needs to be scrapped, at least, the extremities of it. We need a leader who isn't afraid to say "that's just silly, get real" to the idiots. The same for the whole political correctness thing.
    On the same note, freedom of speech will be brought back. Everyone's allowed their own opinion and can't be arrested for it.
    End Multiculturism once and for all. If you follow a culture that isn't traditionally British, or is quite clearly a vastly different culture from another country, then you're not welcome. If you want to live in Britain, you do things our way, not yours. Respect that.
    End language barriers. If you can't/won't speak English, then you can't stay, simple as that.
    And then, probably my least popular point, the new leader will put the English first. This is England, not India or [insert other foreign country here]. We need to serve our own people first, we need to give them the jobs, the education, the housing. Not people who have only lived here ten years. Instead of the ridiculous attitude that everyone on here seems to have (that if the whole English population isn't good enough for jobs, we should just import, say, the whole of China here - just because they are better at the jobs - theoretically) we need to train our own people, show them loyalty.
    etc.
    Typical rant reflecting the ignorance of the ranter.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelyknight)
    Er, no.

And then, probably my least popular point, the new leader will put the English first. This is England,
    What about the other countries on the British Isles, such as Wales, Northern Ireland & Scotland aren't they important or are you just some little Englander.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    So people are allowed to be racist, sounds good.

Believing you are superior to others is still an opinion, so by this logic, people are allowed to go out and preach racial superiority.
    In a free society we'd allow people to discuss and preach on the topic of race, gagging those you disagree with incase they promote 'disharmony' is a paranoid overreaction to a problem that doesn't really exist.

Are you really suggesting that we'd experience the next holocaust if a black man stood up in Speakers' Corner and argued why the black race was superior to all others? We should let him say his piece and his judge the speech on it's veracity, there's nothing to gain from clamping down on some avenues of intellectual enquiry. That is totalitarian.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Typical rant reflecting the ignorance of the ranter.
    :congrats: Fantastic rebutall of the points the poster made, enroll yourself in a critical thinking course immediately! You're a natural.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    No it isn't. Since land is essentially owned property, and all property in Britain is the property of either private landowners or ultimately, the Crown, it's the prerogative of these bodies to decide who enters. This boils down to the Parliament and thusly the people. This is our country and we have a right to decide the policy of our borders. Great Britain & Northern Ireland is the sovereign property of the British & Northern Irish people and we alone as a collective body decide who can enter and on what circumstances.

Nobody has the "prerogative" to come and live in your family home and do what they like in it, play ****ty music all night and insist you don't eat pork and other nonsense things. Nation states have the right to control and police their territorial borders.
    Racist!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    What about the other countries on the British Isles, such as Wales, Northern Ireland & Scotland aren't they important or are you just some little Englander.
    Multiculturalism has been directed largely at the English people, though things are starting to get bad in Wales and Scotland now. The Ely race riots in Cardiff or the racist murder of Kriss Donald for example.

Northern Ireland already has it's own sectarian problems. I don't think it would be safe to dump huge numbers of completely unfamiliar people there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kibalchich)
    We already do have proper laws on immigration.
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...mmigrationlaw/

already exists in law
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...nrules/part13/

Health & Safety law is already fairly simple and is based on what is "reasonably practicable"
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/37/section/2

W

Will that apply to the likes of Abu Hamza too?

What is "traditionally British"?

The IWCA position on race is one I would agree with, see what you think
    http://www.iwca.info/?page_id=1410#race

Might be an idea to restore funding for ESOL classes then.

Who are "the English"? Who are "our own people"? Please define.
    See Britain before mass immigration and state multiculturalism.

You know the way that, in India we don't dispute that the say.. gujarati people and their culture exist, or that bengali people and their culture exist? I know this sounds crazy, but bear with me. English people exist and so does their culture! Madness I know!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    :congrats: Fantastic rebutall of the points the poster made, enroll yourself in a critical thinking course immediately! You're a natural.
    Its had to get sarcasm wrong but you have succeeded.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)

You know the way that, in India we don't dispute that the say.. gujarati people and their culture exist, or that bengali people and their culture exist? I know this sounds crazy, but bear with me. English people exist and so does their culture! Madness I know!
    British culture is great, I quite like curry and lager.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

I'm not denying that English culture exists. I'm asking for someone to tell me it's defining features.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not denying that English culture exists. I'm asking for someone to tell me it's defining features.
    That's the trick, you can't really summarise any culture like that.

Unless you could tell me the defining features of gujurati culture?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    British culture is great, I quite like curry and lager.
    Is British culture alone then in only existing in the form of food and drink?

I would say there's more to Gujurati or Bengali culture than rice and curry.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Its had to get sarcasm wrong but you have succeeded.
    ..What?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's the trick, you can't really summarise any culture like that.

Unless you could tell me the defining features of gujurati culture?
    I know **** all about gujurati culture, I've never been to India.

Presumably you and lonely knight, chefdave etc have been to England?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know **** all about gujurati culture, I've never been to India.

Presumably you and lonely knight, chefdave etc have been to England?
    Define any culture that you have knowledge of.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

English culture? It is to me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Define any culture that you have knowledge of.
    I'm not the one talking about traditionally British culture.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the one talking about traditionally British culture.
    K, so basically you're saying that no cultures exist. Unless you can define a culture? You must have some knowledge of other countries.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    K, so basically you're saying that no cultures exist. Unless you can define a culture? You must have some knowledge of other countries.
    Oh look a straw man.

get ta f*ck

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.