The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official 2012 Hugh Stewart Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm also going to be living in Hugh Stewart Hall at Nottingham from September, shared ensuite! Our hall is like one of the most central in the rest of the campus, two minutes away from the shops and the Trent Building - that's where they teach English, I'm going to be studying English btw - so I feel I got luck of the draw really! Plus it's one of the most populous halls, so it gives you a wide scope of people to get to know, never mind people on your course, from societies etc - if I met 50 Hu-Stewers and hated them all, there would be 250 left for potiental friends lol - not that i'm that much of a horrible person, just an exaggeration. Saw some of you guys mention the Quidditch and Harry Potter society, which sounds awesoeme, thread starter, noticed your usename has ravenclaw in it, i'm a fellow ravenclaw here - well, according to pottermore. My sister had a Harry Potter birthday party last year - she's 26 btw, but a big fan of the Very Potter Musical - so i have a hedwig costume. What other societies are people interested in/ interests do you guys have? I'm into reading and writing, but not a suprise as an English student. I'm getting so excited for uni now my exams are over, better get good results now!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Sarlounew
Saw some of you guys mention the Quidditch and Harry Potter society, which sounds awesoeme, thread starter, noticed your usename has ravenclaw in it, i'm a fellow ravenclaw here - well, according to pottermore. My sister had a Harry Potter birthday party last year - she's 26 btw, but a big fan of the Very Potter Musical - so i have a hedwig costume. What other societies are people interested in/ interests do you guys have? I'm into reading and writing, but not a suprise as an English student. I'm getting so excited for uni now my exams are over, better get good results now!

Hey there! Welcome to the Hu-Stu family!

I am a fellow Ravenclaw, officially sorted on Pottermore and everything ;D

And a starkid! Very Potter Musical is ace. Do you like the other StarKid Productions? My personal favourite does have to be Holy Musical B@man. If you haven't watched that yet, do it! Joe Walker and Brian Holden are brilliant in it.

You're in the same room type as me, shared ensuite. Hopefully we'll be able to organise a starkid/hp marathon some time!
Reply 42
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
Hey there! Welcome to the Hu-Stu family!

I am a fellow Ravenclaw, officially sorted on Pottermore and everything ;D

And a starkid! Very Potter Musical is ace. Do you like the other StarKid Productions? My personal favourite does have to be Holy Musical B@man. If you haven't watched that yet, do it! Joe Walker and Brian Holden are brilliant in it.

You're in the same room type as me, shared ensuite. Hopefully we'll be able to organise a starkid/hp marathon some time!

I've only watched the Very Potter Musical and the Sequel, not watched Holy Musical Batman yet due to being busy with exams, but now I've finished my exams I need to get round to it! Tbh i'm not a huge superfan of starkid - like my sister and her friends, they got a dvd of the concert, badges and were v. excited when a girl on the bus to the Warner Bros Harry Potter thing was from Michigan (not a starkid unfortunately) - although I do like it, and I love the songs stuff because I love musicals, I'm sort of the opinion that bits of it I loved, but it's not 100% my kind of humour. Loved Harry Potter as a kid tho, had a HP sleepover when i was 9, and with things like pottermore i'm falling in love with it again. When people were getting all emotional about the last book and last film and i wasn't, i started thinking that i wasn't a big a fan of it anymore (still big enough to read all the books + watch all the films tho, i know basic trivia but not every spell or anything) but then with things like dressing up as hedwig and going on pottermore i think i'm falling in love with it all over again, getting sorted and going to diagon alley almost put me in a frenzy! Thinking about reading all the books again, but part of me thinks that I'm going to be a university English student and need to read some more "serious" books - hoping with a long summer i can do a bit of both. I am still the kind of person who gets obsessed with weird things aka a big nerd :biggrin: Have you been to the Harry Potter set yet? I haven't but i heard it's amazing if u love harry potter, so i need to go at some point. And definitely yes to the starkid/hp marathon, i'm happy to spend hours watching most films/tv/youtube or just chatting, listening to music, eating junk, that's more my kind of thing as i'm not really a clubbing/drinking kind of person, and as we're in the same house we could pretend that Hu Stu is the Ravenclaw common room lol! Out of other people u kno on pottermore what is the spread between the houses? the people i kno are a mix, one gryffindor, one hufflepuff, another ravenclaw and my sister's a slytherin (it's nice that i now have official confirmation that she's evil), think it's quite interesting how they're pretty accurate personality wise, eg the hufflepuff i kno hates conflict.

Anyway, great to meet you (well virtually), someone with similar interests, hope your exams go ok/went well and looking forward to heading to nottingham in september, see u at fresher's!

PS what's your opinion on the hunger games?
Original post by Sarlounew

Oh you should definetly watching Holy Musical B@man. Better than their HP Musicals because they've got more experience, costumes and sets are better, etc. But.... it also may because I'm an even bigger comic book geek than I am a HP geek.

Yes! Me and a friend went to the tour and it was amazing! We got to do the Quidditch experience, got tons of pictures, tried butter beer (it's nasty, yeck but still worth buying a cup between a couple of you!) and had a really awesome day. I got a felt Ravenclaw flag for my uni room to show house pride!

I know a few others on Pottermore, a Ravenclaw, a Gryffindor and a Slytherin and to be honest it is quite well done. I'd say they all match their houses quite well.

Ah, I've already got my unconditional offer, and I didn't have exams this year. I'm doing a placement year between A-levels and uni. ;3 But yes, hope to see you at Freshers!

Hmm... Hunger Games. Like the first book a lot, second book was good, third was meh... the movie was alright as well, but confusing if you haven't read the books.

Also, you up for joining Harry Potter and Quidditch Society? I know a few others on TSR who are planning on it ;D
Reply 44
Oh you should definetly watching Holy Musical B@man. Better than their HP Musicals because they've got more experience, costumes and sets are better, etc. But.... it also may because I'm an even bigger comic book geek than I am a HP geek.

Yes! Me and a friend went to the tour and it was amazing! We got to do the Quidditch experience, got tons of pictures, tried butter beer (it's nasty, yeck but still worth buying a cup between a couple of you!) and had a really awesome day. I got a felt Ravenclaw flag for my uni room to show house pride!

I know a few others on Pottermore, a Ravenclaw, a Gryffindor and a Slytherin and to be honest it is quite well done. I'd say they all match their houses quite well.

Ah, I've already got my unconditional offer, and I didn't have exams this year. I'm doing a placement year between A-levels and uni. ;3 But yes, hope to see you at Freshers!

Hmm... Hunger Games. Like the first book a lot, second book was good, third was meh... the movie was alright as well, but confusing if you haven't read the books.

Also, you up for joining Harry Potter and Quidditch Society? I know a few others on TSR who are planning on it ;D

Definitely up for joining the Harry Potter and Quidditch Society, I've had a bit of a look at the societies but I've not planned which ones I'm joining yet, except the Quidditch society, which I know I will join!

Yeah, I'm not really a comic book fan, can't really say I dislike them, just haven't tried enough to know if I do or not, I'm more of a book fan, so I spose VPM and VPS would appeal to me more. Would say I like HP more than HG, but maybe that's cos I grew up with HP, whereas I've had the Hunger Games in my life for about half a year, but I do love them both.

The HP tour is definitely on my to-do list, only problem is that every1 i know who'd want to go has already been!

Must be good to know you're definitely going! I only had 2 June exams due to not needing to re-sit, doing my English exam in January, and having coursework for parts of my a-levels, so I've got good UMS so it's likely I'll be there as I think I did well in my exams, but there's always a chance that I won't get in.:eek: Leicester's my insurance which I don't mind going to for AAB (I've got a AAA offer), clearing seems like a nightmare to sort out if I don't get that, and I really don't want to resit as I've been fed up with college the last few months. But it's likely due to my grades so far and how i felt with the exams that i'll get in, just hope the examiners agree! How has your placement been, and what's it like doing a gap year? I didn't really have the money for a gap year, nor a plan of what I wanted to do, so no motivation to save up for something, plus I've got a good feeling about uni as I love my subject so I just want to get there really! Hoping to do a study abroad to get some sort of travel experience. Plus I'm leading on a camp for a couple of weeks this summer, so that should be a crazy experience!
Reply 45
So glad someone's made a Hugh Stewart thread :smile: I've got a shared en-suite as well this hall looks awesome! Finger's crossed all goes well for results day!
Original post by faye-k123
So glad someone's made a Hugh Stewart thread :smile: I've got a shared en-suite as well this hall looks awesome! Finger's crossed all goes well for results day!

Another Hu-Stuer!

What are you going to study in September?
Reply 47
Hopefully pharmacy, can't wait! :smile: The pharmacy building's pretty close to Hugh Stewart too which is really lucky. What about you? :smile: x
Hopefully pharmacy, can't wait! :smile: The pharmacy building's pretty close to Hugh Stewart too which is really lucky. What about you? :smile: x

Product Design and Manufacture Engineering, which is also really close to Hugh Stewart!

Great for stumbling back after a long day of lectures for a power nap. ;3
Reply 49

Hey fellow Hu Stu Pharmacist!:biggrin:
Anyone else for Hu-Stu?

Congrats to everyone who got in!
Reply 51
Anyone else for Hu-Stu?

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Shared ensuite at Hu-Stu - medicine
Reply 52
Congrats to everyone who got in! :smile: Looking forward to meeting the Hugh Stu crew in September! :biggrin: x
Reply 53
Hugh Stewart shared en-suite - I'm doing Finance, Account & Management
Very excited!!
Reply 54
Congrats to everyone who got in! Any fellow Hu Stu'r doing Industrial Economics?
Congrats to everyone who got in! :smile: Looking forward to meeting the Hugh Stu crew in September! :biggrin: x

Original post by ArtyDarty
Congrats to everyone who got in! Any fellow Hu Stu'r doing Industrial Economics?

What type of rooms have you guys got? :biggrin:
Reply 56

Large Single Study ! My friend got an ensuite at Hu Stu and said I could share her shower as well which is an added bonus
Original post by ArtyDarty
Large Single Study ! My friend got an ensuite at Hu Stu and said I could share her shower as well which is an added bonus

Oh, that's nice of her :smile:

I am quite looking forward to sharing the bathroom with one other person...:tongue:
Reply 58
Oh, that's nice of her :smile:

I am quite looking forward to sharing the bathroom with one other person...:tongue:

Yeah it was, didnt even have to ask hehe :P Knowing me, I'll be too lazy to walk the 50 or so meters to her room so probably won't be used ! I don't really mind about sharing showers anyway as long as they get cleaned once a day (which I think they do!)
Reply 59

Shared en-suite too :smile: At least that will be an easy way to get to know someone quickly :smile: Do you know how many shared en-suites there are in our hall? Getting so excited now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending