So many haters :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah you are..

bulk.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    I wouldn't say you're really skinny fat; you appear to be just skinny.
    Skinny-fat is mainly a female thing.
    why would it be mainly a "female thing"? not like just women can be skinny and flabby at the same time..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmmcookies)
    So many haters :sad:

Hey, you... :perv:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XXchachaXX)
    Hey, you... :perv:
    Hey hey!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You're skinnyfat yes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Looks like something from silence of the lambs.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    15% bodyfat. 0% muscle mass.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    15% bodyfat. 0% muscle mass.
    You stole that from me, but I LOL'd anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    why would it be mainly a "female thing"? not like just women can be skinny and flabby at the same time..
    Men can be skinny and flabby too, but it's just mainly women because of their lack of muscle. I've known size 8 women that have been mainly fat; their skin sagged slightly (flat ass) and they were just really 'squidgy' to touch.
    When you get a skinny male, he's still likely to have more muscle than his female counterpart just because he has testosterone. I'm not trying to be impolite here.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Men can be skinny and flabby too, but it's just mainly women because of their lack of muscle. I've known size 8 women that have been mainly fat; their skin sagged slightly (flat ass) and they were just really 'squidgy' to touch.
    When you get a skinny male, he's still likely to have more muscle than his female counterpart just because he has testosterone. I'm not trying to be impolite here.
    Women naturally have less muscle and a higher percentage of body fat than men. If a woman was 'skinny-fat' then she would have to lack a sufficient amount of muscle as well as having a high body fat percentage compared to someone of her own gender, not compared to men.

For example, a man who is 12-13 stone and 11% body fat has a lot more muscle and lower body fat percentage than a woman who is 8-9 stone and 19% body fat, but you can bet a woman with those stats does not look 'skinny-fat', in fact she will look highly athletic much like her male counterpart above.

The 'skinny-fat' phenomena is equally prevalent in men and women who have poor diet and lifestyle.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    Women naturally have less muscle and a higher percentage of body fat than men. If a woman was 'skinny-fat' then she would have to lack a sufficient amount of muscle as well as having a high body fat percentage compared to someone of her own gender, not compared to men.

For example, a man who is 12-13 stone and 11% body fat has a lot more muscle and lower body fat percentage than a woman who is 8-9 stone and 19% body fat, but you can bet a woman with those stats does not look 'skinny-fat', in fact she will look highly athletic much like her male counterpart above.

The 'skinny-fat' phenomena is equally prevalent in men and women who have poor diet and lifestyle.
    Whilst I agree with what you say about relativity and how in theory it should be equal, but I don't think it is in reality. I may be wrong and maybe it's because I haven't seen enough skinny-fat men, or they just appear differently in clothes, but I imagine that a higher male interest in sports and the gym would have affected this.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree with what you say about relativity and how in theory it should be equal, but I don't think it is in reality. I may be wrong and maybe it's because I haven't seen enough skinny-fat men, or they just appear differently in clothes, but I imagine that a higher male interest in sports and the gym would have affected this.
    Yes, I agree with the last part. Men tend to cover up more than women. And the fact that women are more likely to be found in the cardio section and practicing 1200 calorie diets doesn't help...all they are doing is burning fat AND muscle.

Some women are afraid of weight training as they believe it will make them 'big' and 'bulky'. They are also often frightened to EAT more, believing they will almost certainly get fat unless they hop on the treadmill for 2 hours every day.

Fortunately though, in this day and age more women are learning this is not the case; that you will not turn into the 'she hulk' from lifting weights and that you will not blow up like the michelin man if you eat over 2000 calories a day because weight training in itself is an intense workout that burns calories not only during a session but afterwards as well as the insulting increasing in BMR that comes with any muscle gains over time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    Yes, I agree with the last part. Men tend to cover up more than women. And the fact that women are more likely to be found in the cardio section and practicing 1200 calorie diets doesn't help...all they are doing is burning fat AND muscle.

Some women are afraid of weight training as they believe it will make them 'big' and 'bulky'. They are also often frightened to EAT more, believing they will almost certainly get fat unless they hop on the treadmill for 2 hours every day.

Fortunately though, in this day and age more women are learning this is not the case; that you will not turn into the 'she hulk' from lifting weights and that you will not blow up like the michelin man if you eat over 2000 calories a day because weight training in itself is an intense workout that burns calories not only during a session but afterwards as well as the insulting increasing in BMR that comes with any muscle gains over time.
    I'm glad you think so, and you don't need to convince me, i've got my girlfriend doing squats and deadlifts
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you think so, and you don't need to convince me, i've got my girlfriend doing squats and deadlifts
    Nice one
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah ok i get what you're saying and you're right about men naturally having more muscle than women.. i just thought it sounded a bit like you meant skinny fat guys are unusual or something :p: which they really aren't imo..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    and LOL just noticed OP's username..lawd..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    and LOL just noticed OP's username..lawd..
    I love my cookies

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.