Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's happening on the TSR Ski Trip???

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainPours)
    Same here, I'm saving for night school.
    I guess we'll just have to continue looking on in jealousy
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed! Looks so much fun!

Anyone broke a leg yet
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    lol take pics of your actual ski resort and maybe record an onboard helmet cam when skiing?

suggestions, lol dammit, im gonna come on this trip next year.

how comes you guys are calling it a day already? i thought you would ski until it gets a little dark.........
    Gonna make the most of K's go pro soon, get up at the ski park and take some cool shots of anyone who's up for it.

Pre drinks and pasta tonight, then we're off to smithies
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Gonna make the most of K's go pro soon, get up at the ski park and take some cool shots of anyone who's up for it.

do all of you guys 'hunt in packs' so to speak or can you go to whichever bar you prefer with the people you met?

there must be 100 of you im sure?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    do all of you guys 'hunt in packs' so to speak or can you go to whichever bar you prefer with the people you met?

Looks like having loads of fun, wish I was there...
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want more updates :huff:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by CJ<br />
    Gonna make the most of K's go pro soon, get up at the ski park and take some cool shots of anyone who's up for it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    do all of you guys 'hunt in packs' so to speak or can you go to whichever bar you prefer with the people you met?<br />
    <br />
    we organise certain bars for everyone but you don't have to go to them. last night was great fun, at least 20 who stayed out all night all together. I think this morning might be a slow one.
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K)
    we organise certain bars for everyone but you don't have to go to them. last night was great fun, at least 20 who stayed out all night all together. I think this morning might be a slow one.
    nice!

more pics please! is the forecast good for Alpe D'Huez?
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Chilling in our room with a vanilla coke after a good intro to skiing. Been on 4 slopes so far, can stop but turning proving... interesting on the steeper slopes.
    Vanilla Coke? I am jealous, it's rare to find these days. Glad you've mastered the art of stopping, as long as you can stop you can do anything else.

Everyone's photos look stunning so far!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Vanilla Coke? I am jealous, it's rare to find these days. Glad you've mastered the art of stopping, as long as you can stop you can do anything else.

Everyone's photos look stunning so far!
    Looks amazing...

I brought Vanilla Coke for my gf for Christmas! Some store in the UK has it! http://www.americansoda.co.uk/uk/Ame...-(355-ml).aspx
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K)
    I think this morning might be a slow one.
    Very, very slow please :yawn:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    stopped at Les marmottes with J for lunch. phone's not uploading pictures at the moment but I'll try and get some up later. anyone who wants to ski with us meet us here in the next hour
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sat on the sun up the mountain.
    find us up the Marmottes 1 lift.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1333368461474.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	139310  
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J)
    Sat on the sun up the mountain.
    find us up the Marmottes 1 lift.
    nice!

which one is J and which one is K ?

haha xD
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice!

which one is J and which one is K ?

haha xD
    I'm in the blue trousers
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    Getting a bit cloudy now, fingers crossed we might get some snow overnight :awesome:

Good ski today, knees feeling it now though.

Aaaand relax.
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Getting a bit cloudy now, fingers crossed we might get some snow overnight :awesome:

Good ski today, knees feeling it now though.

Aaaand relax.
    what are you guys up to now?

can you guys ski when you like during the day or do they open the area at certain times of the day?

how are the rest of the TSR members faring? any incidents?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amazing night last night. Hope for more of the same tonight. Not a fan of this sleep in with a hangover rubbish, some of us were on the slopes at 9, power through I say...

On a sadder note, just been through the park and its enormously cut up (to be expected I suppose) and only has pretty big jumps disappointingly.
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    what are you guys up to now?

can you guys ski when you like during the day or do they open the area at certain times of the day?

how are the rest of the TSR members faring? any incidents?
    You ski depending on when the lifts are running, from 9 to 5 i think... Maybe earlier than that.

Got some nice pics today but can't upload i'm afraid.

Think we might be off to tiger cafe in a bit to watch the united match, so if anyone wants to join us we'll see you there
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A quick run down from me.

Friday/Saturday was coach to the resort. We missed our ferry meaning a two hour wait but it was a good chance to meet everyone.

Sunday: day one of skiing! some mix of ice, slush and everything inbetweeners made things a bit of a challenge but we all wanted to make the most of the sno - it's melting quite quickly so I have no idea what it will be like on Friday. 5cm is expected tonight though we go round in groups of 3-5 with people doing lessons, different skill levels, etc. first day of skiing also meant first night out! It was such a good night! With a little help from Bournmouth we were up on the tables and enjoying the crazily high priced drinks. Hard heads this morning!

Monday: but more touring today. We discovered the snow park with ramps so lots of photos taken with the end result nein lots of sore bones. Rum bar tonight!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.