The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol accomadation advice.

Alright, so I'm going to firm Bristol which is exciting, but I really have no idea at what kinds of accomadation I should look at.
I want somewhere close to the Uni, and the English and Classics departments, and pretty, but also down to earth.
I was thinking Manor but on the website it says parts will be closed. I was also thinking of Wills because it's so pretty but I heard that there are lots of crazily posh people there, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing hopefully.
Thank you in advance
Goldney Hall, all the way. It's really pretty, 15 mins from uni and people are really down to Earth there and the Warden is a really good guy. Wills is far and has a reputation for being a bit snobby, although this might have changed in recent years. Durdham's is too quiet, and it can be difficult to meet new people. Clifton Hill House is nice but quite expensive as it's catered, but it's close to uni. Badock and Churchill look okay, but they are far (near Wills). Don't pick the Hawthorns, Woodland Court, 112 Queens Road, Northwell House or the other student houses. They aren't true halls of residences and nothing goes on. People I knew who went there had a difficult time meeting new people. University Hall and Hiatt Baker, are horrible monstrosity of buildings and no-one ever applies there. However, it has one of the most friendly and exciting atmospheres, and even though everyone hates the accommodation, everyone has a superb time there.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by medic_armadillo7
Goldney Hall, all the way. It's really pretty, 15 mins from uni and people are really down to Earth there and the Warden is a really good guy. Wills is far and has a reputation for being a bit snobby, although this might have changed in recent years. Durdham's is too quiet, and it can be difficult to meet new people. Clifton Hill House is nice but quite expensive as it's catered, but it's close to uni. Badock and Churchill look okay, but they are far (near Wills). Don't pick the Hawthorns, Woodland Court, 112 Queens Road, Northwell House or the other student houses. They aren't true halls of residences and nothing goes on. People I knew who went there had a difficult time meeting new people. University Hall and Hiatt Baker, are horrible monstrosity of buildings and no-one ever applies there. However, it has one of the most friendly and exciting atmospheres, and even though everyone hates the accommodation, everyone has a superb time there.

Thanks! I was planning to apply for Goldney and University if I decided to firm Bristol, I probably will now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending