The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jesusandtequila
You want to read the first post by you that I quoted and bolded the bit I was saying was wrong?

Google doesn't disagree with anything I've said. You just haven't understood.

You was criticising my spelling of 'showed off' you believe it should be 'showed of'?
Why don't you read what you've posted to me, is it clear what message you was trying to convey?
Original post by translucent
You was criticising my spelling of 'showed off' you believe it should be 'showed of'?
Why don't you read what you've posted to me, is it clear what message you was trying to convey?

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? You. Wrote. SHOWED OF. One F.

And while we're at it, it's were.
As we always say in Spain, "Es mejor cerrar la boca y parecer tonto, que abrirla y confirmarlo"
Original post by Shadowplay
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? You. Wrote. SHOWED OF. One F.

Thank you.

That was a typo, why don't you read the next post I sent to you after that; I then said 'showed off' you said isn't it 'shown of'?

How dare you! my intellect isn't questionable because I made a few minor errors in my written English - are dyslexics simple-minded?

And to add that 'mistake' with 'were' instead of 'was' is just my dialect :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
That was a typo, why don't you read the next post I sent to you after that; I then said 'showed off' you said isn't it 'shown of'?

How dare you! my intellect isn't questionable because I made a few minor errors in my written English - are dyslexics simple-minded?

And to add that 'mistake' with 'were' instead of 'was' is just my dialect :smile:

Oh look who's getting all defensive, weren't YOU the one whose first post in this thread was (ironically) taking the mick out of a Spanish person's written English?

You're terrible english is amusing, haven't you heard of google translater
Oh look who's getting all defensive, weren't YOU the one whose first post in this thread was (ironically) taking the mick out of a Spanish person's written English?

Yes his broken English, I didn't nitpick his grammar mistakes.

No it's questionable because you seem to fail to pick up on anything anyone is saying - which is what I was getting at with my post. Your response of 'no, I'm correct' missed the point the person before was making. It's taken 3 people to explicitly put it front of you to realise.
Original post by jesusandtequila
No it's questionable because you seem to fail to pick up on anything anyone is saying - which is what I was getting at with my post. Your response of 'no, I'm correct' missed the point the person before was making. It's taken 3 people to explicitly put it front of you to realise.

Realise what exactly, are you writing in riddles?
Realise what exactly, are you writing in riddles?

Shadowplay's joke. :rolleyes:
Original post by Colpejafort
I think its something related to the "Tratado de Tordesillas" where Spain and Portugal divided the territories to be conquered. However the Tratado didn't benefit both sides equally :tongue:

You are right! Wikipedia has it confirmed. Thanks for answer. Nevertheless I have a question again related to my last one. Spanish and Portuguese as languages must be very, very similar, eh? Is there a region nearby Portugal/Spain in which people are speaking both Spanish and Portuguese?
Original post by Kallisto
You are right! Wikipedia has it confirmed. Thanks for answer. Nevertheless I have a question again related to my last one. Spanish and Portuguese as languages must be very, very similar, eh? Is there a region nearby Portugal/Spain in which people are speaking both Spanish and Portuguese?

Mmhh that's a good question. There probably is some town on the border of Portugal with Spain where both spanish and portuguese are spoken.. but none that im aware of anyway :smile: However, the language spoken in Galicia (north of Spain) is quite similar to portuguese even though it's a spanish dialect

I was just checking on the internet now, and apparently theres a pidgin language called "Portuñol" which mixes features from portuguese and spanish on these borderline areas, so I guess there isnt any region speaking both portuguese and spanish but this other variety called Portuñol which i had never heard before :tongue:
Mmhh that's a good question. There probably is some town on the border of Portugal with Spain where both spanish and portuguese are spoken.. but none that im aware of anyway :smile: However, the language spoken in Galicia (north of Spain) is quite similar to portuguese even though it's a spanish dialect

I was just checking on the internet now, and apparently theres a pidgin language called "Portuñol" which mixes features from portuguese and spanish on these borderline areas, so I guess there isnt any region speaking both portuguese and spanish but this other variety called Portuñol which i had never heard before :tongue:

Thanks again! And now I have a question about the national flag of Spain. What is the meaning of one? Do you know the history? I'm very interesting in vexillology.
Original post by Kallisto
Thanks again! And now I have a question about the national flag of Spain. What is the meaning of one? Do you know the history? I'm very interesting in vexillology.

Well im not sure about the colours, but the coat of arms itself is divided into 5 sections where each one represents different Spanish regions (Reino de Castilla, Reino de Leon, Reino de Aragón Reinio de Navarra, and the bit in the middle is Reino de Granada) and the 5 together represent the Spanish Kingdom. Im not sure what the colours mean though, i think there are many hypothesis about it.
Reply 234
What do you think about roto2 cult?

Thanks shur!
Reply 235
I am 12 and what is this

De qué color es el caballo blanco de Santiago.
Reply 236
Original post by NEIHUB
What do you think about roto2 cult?

Thanks shur!

Jajaja. This is the best question! :roto2:

Roto2 changes your life! hah
Reply 237

Galician language is not a spanish dialect, in fact portuguese language is a offspring of Galician.

Signed: a galician.

Latest