Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Sussex FIRMERS 2012 Entry Thread

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Sussex for Sociology and politics! So excited and nervous! What accommodation are people applying for I need help deciding!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripey_polka_dot)
    Firmed Sussex for Sociology and politics! So excited and nervous! What accommodation are people applying for I need help deciding!
    I don't know much about how accommodation is like, but I'll tell you how I chose accommodation. First of all I looked at all residences available, and then decided what i definitely wanted the hall of residence to have. You might prefer en suite facilities or low cost. After seeing pictures of the rooms and getting an overall idea I read what people had to say about the halls on the student room. I ended up choosing swanborough, northfield and Lewis phase two because I really didn't want to share a bathroom, you might have different priorities though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazC)
    Firmed Sussex for Biomedical Science! Anymore biomed hopefuls?
    I firmed Sussex for biomed too
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Sussex for English and Film!
    Top 3 accomodation are: Northfield, Swanborough, and Brighthelm.

Anyone else firmed English and Film? So excitedddd- just hoping I get the grades...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how lenient Sussex is with BSc Biology? I'm so worried about not making the grades for my conditional offer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkyone)
    Hello

I have firmed Sussex for biomedical science, I hold a conditional offer, AAB.
    I have already applied for accommodation, my choices are swanborough, northfield and Lewis court in this order.

Do you know if and when we receive a welcome pack?

And I'm worried about making friends too, I don't know anyone who is going to Sussex :/
    Hey! I firmed Sussex for Biochemistry
    I also don't know anyone going and im pretty worried about making friends too but i think a lot of people will be the same, so im sure ull be fine!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justn1c2)
    Hey! I firmed Sussex for Biochemistry
    I also don't know anyone going and im pretty worried about making friends too but i think a lot of people will be the same, so im sure ull be fine!
    Haha I guess that starting university is the time to get more confident with talking to people. It kind of makes me feel better knowing that many people will be in the same situation as me, not that it's a pleasant feeling to have, it will just make the friend-making process easier
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripey_polka_dot)
    I firmed psychology, bag of nervs! Haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed Sussex to study law can't wait tbh now it down to working to get the grades
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed an unconditional offer for Politics and Sociology, so excited!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Media Practice a few months back! Anyone else? And also put Northfield down as my top choice for accommodation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefunktopus69)
    Economics BSc -Still need to do housing thing though!
    Economics Bsc ! and firmed what housing are you thinking?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Astrophysics! Thinking of staying in Lancaster House/Norwich House/York House/Brighthelm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Media and Communications, accommodation: Brighthelm then Lewes Court Phase 1.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Biochemistry

Accommodation - Northfield, lewis court, Swanborough (will probably be in park house of something like that though)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Biochemistry

Accommodation - Northfield, lewis court, Swanborough (will probably be in park house of something like that though)
    Same accommodation as you, in different order. I am almost certain you can get a room in northfield, there are more than 900 rooms
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Sussex uni for BA Economics (looks like i'll be the only one doing it! haha). Anyone else doing the same?

As for accommodation I've put East Slope first so pretty sure i'll get that. Bring on freshers week!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkyone)
    Same accommodation as you, in different order. I am almost certain you can get a room in northfield, there are more than 900 rooms
    Which order did you put? Northfield looked the nicest to me by far, shame its so damn expensive.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Which order did you put? Northfield looked the nicest to me by far, shame its so damn expensive.
    Northfield is my first choice too i thought it was the best looking around as well, probably cause its new!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I put swanborough, northfield and Lewes court in that order. And yes en suite rooms are very expensive

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 17, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.