The Student Room Group

How many hours of revision a day do you plan to do in Easter?

Scroll to see replies

As a word of warning, I really recommend all you AS students utilise this Easter break as much as you can! The time between the end of the holidays and the start of your exams goes before you realise. Start now.
Final year uni student, and plan to do 2 hours a day revision during Easter on average (I work as well so don't have as much time as I'd like) and then step it up a bit more after Easter when it's a bit closer to the exam, as I only have one exam and a while yet to revise the material for it.
Reply 42
A Level, probably around 3 hours each day but I'm not going to do that rigidly or every single day, I'm just hoping to achieve that as an average. In reality, I probably won't acheive anywhere this amount, doing about 1 hour a day if I'm lucky! :tongue:
Reply 43
AS Level. I'm doing 4 lots of exam questions every day (one for each subject), as well as copying out notes and memorising key words/critics/historian's views. So roughly it'll work out to about 4 hours a day, one hour for each exam.

My Easter holidays are gonna suck :colonhash:
Reply 44
Original post by munazic483
Do people think you need to do more for maths and sciences? I envisage far more of my time being spent on maths than English so that's why I'm wondering.

Not necessarily although I do spend quite a lot of time at maths. I think the amount I spend on psychology far outweights my efforts in chemistry and bio.
A level: 4-7 hours

Reality: 4 -5 hours
while im sunbathing in india? none :wink: however i will have to do huge amounts when i get back - studying A2
Reply 47
6 hours a day. 1st year university student.

I will TRY to start tomorrow.
Going for 6-8 hours a day for the next 9 weeks. Did 4-7 hours a day this last week. Year 2 Undergraduate.

Going to be fun! :coma:
A-level. I don't have a plan.

I might do a couple of hours on some days, but I'm not the sort of person to do a regular amount each day, it depends how I feel. TBH I don't find revision massively helpful.
Eight hours a day...

....of episodes of Life on Mars. :wink: There will be nothing in those scripts I don't know. Totally going to get straight A's in my science subjects now. Bring it on.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 51
A-level, 8 hours revision, 8 hours rest, 8 hours sleep.. well that's the plan anyway.
2nd year undergraduate. I plan to work from 9am-5pm in the library with half an hour for lunch. The reality is more likely to be that I don't even leave bed until 3pm and spend all day watching 90210 instead before realising that I seriously need to cram my bull ****ting skills.
Reply 53
GCSE. I'll probably do 1-2 hours a day, for geography, RE and the sciences. :smile:
Just racking my brains right now as to how the hell am I going to be disciplined enough to do as much concentrated revision as I need to to get the grades I want
For undergraduate finals, 8 hours a day. For me, any more is detrimental.
Doing 3 Scottish highers and 1 advanced higher, and will probably do about 2 hours of revision over the whole holidays, not per day.
I can never tell if people on TSR are being serious :hmm: I wont be doing nearly as much as a lot of people on here are planning to. I plan to give myself plenty of free time to relax and enjoy life :cool:
I physically have not got the time to revise in the Easter holidays anymore. Since I started Uni we have always had essays set for the Easter break and thi time I have been set two 3000 word essays and the dissertation also needs to be finished and edited. I have left to wrie 6,000 words and then major editing to do! I'll start my revision when I go back to Uni and will have 4 weeks before my exams start, so a week per exam. I never timetable, but I generally revise continuously throughout the day (whilst I procrastinate lol) whilst I makeall my revision notes and then I just read over and over them until the exam. Has worked in the past! So hopefully will be okay this time too!

If I didn't have any essays to write I would probably do a couple of hours a day or maybe cover a topic if I were in 'the zone' for revision! I do think it is important to try and enjoy some of the holidays though and take a break from uni/school work. Our lecturers always tell us that (but then set a stack of work, so I'm not really sure how they expect us to lol)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
4 a day for GCSEs 6 including art

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending