The Student Room Group

How many hours of revision a day do you plan to do in Easter?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
A levels: ideally 4 hours a day, considering I also have an EPQ and history coursework to write, which I don't really count as revision.. I'll be spending most of my time doing that instead. plus I have 4 exams, so...
around 2-3 hours a day with breaks in between :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by This Honest
Happened to me last year. It won't end well. Start working your ass if you want a repeat of your success :smile:

Hmm, I know. I've been doing a bit of revision every day for the last couple of weeks so I'll just keep that going (and possibly increase the hours this holiday) :smile:

Thanks for the advice.
Reply 83
Studying for AS Levels. Already started a lot of revision. Going to be like Will from inbetweeners; take a lot of pro plus, drink energy drinks and stay up as long as possible.

Just gotta hope I don't fall asle.......'djkbgjknhvfs,dflvaiofdk
Over 9000

(Year 6 SATs)
Reply 85
3/4hours doing A2 ... not looking forward to these exams :colonhash:
Reply 86
Doing A-level. Planning to do 1-2 hours a day.. Maybe 3 8-)
Probably 1 or 2, because I don't get an Easter holiday, except Good Friday and Easter Monday, when I'll hopefully be working.

Currently doing A2s.
probably an hour a day - first year uni student. Got revision week soon!
1st Year Undergraduate, planning to do hopefully 6-8 hours a day for the next few weeks, more if I feel like it.
around 6 hours, 4 on maths, one on biology, one on physics.
Reply 91
GCSE

4 Science, 2 History, 2 Literature and 1 RE exam. Will probably due 3 hours a day? Will just read over revision and exercise books and do exam papers.
A Level, 3-4 hours a day depending on how productive I am...
Original post by oli_G
Is anyone else finding it hard to not to be complacent as you've done well in the jan modules?

I wudnt say complacent- but I'm definately glad I did reasonable well as it means I'm not stressed too much
Reply 94
Revise 2 hours in the morning, 3 hours in the afternoon. revising youtube videos of course.
Reply 95
Original post by 117r
Seriously, you really don't need to try, you need to come up with a plan that will be effective and efficient. I know from experience that the most I can properly concentrate on revision (which is a pretty intensive mental activity) is 1 hour. And I would say from my experience I can concentrate slightly more easily than the average 16 year old.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but you need to take regular breaks, preferably involving some form of physical activity but at the very least they must distract your mind from revision:

- They will keep your mind fresh. After a couple of hours of studying, you won't be able to think about things properly, and taking a healthy 15-30 minute break will allow you temporarily partially forget what you have learnt. When you come back to re-revise you will therefore have a fair understanding of the material which you know, and will be able to relearn everything else. After several repeats of this you should find that the information sticks much more permanently.

- Sitting down for hours on end with minimal breaks is unhealthy and mentally draining. Revision takes a lot of brainpower to do well.

- Revising for hours at a time will mean your concentration will be shoddy. If your mind is wandering around the place, not only are you vulnerable to procrastination, you will be able to absorb information at a quarter of the rate. This is really no exaggeration!

- Attempting such an ambitious plan will inevitably lead to some form of failure, since you are expecting something from yourself that is not physically possible to sustain. Get a realistic plan that you can keep and stick to it. You will feel like you haven't underachieved.

Even if this means that you just do 30 minutes of revision and then taking 30 minutes break, you will gain so much more. Trust me, I know this from experience, having tried to revise for ridiculous time periods in the past.

Anyway, hopefully some of what I've said has been helpful to someone. :smile:

Oh, and someone here said that if an intensive strategy such as you suggested works for you then go for it. Respectfully, I'd like to disagree. People seem to have developed a somewhat convoluted idea of what real concentration actually is, and hence believe they can go on for hours. I have never seen such a person.

since you have experience than i certainly think that you are right .
so i will try out Ur method than !!!
i will tell u if it went well at the end of the to week break!!!!
0.o wth....people revise way too much.. I usually spend around two days revising a week before the exam fully revising and then every couple of days after that re- reading notes like before i go to bed or something. i'll try to revise in my frees occasionally till study leave mind
Planning on doing 4 - 6 hours a day. Have been doing 2 hours a day for several weeks prior to Easter, so I'm in a good position if I want to relax for a day or two.

Doing AS.
Reply 98
Original post by Id and Ego seek
AS Level, no less than 3 hours for my subjects: Psychology, Philosophy, Ethics, IT.

is philosophy hard to get an A in ?
Reply 99
5 or 6 hopefully...A2.

Quick Reply

Latest